Homoerotic sports!

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not a big sports fan in general, but I have noticed something:
some sports that "str8" men love are really very (homo)erotic! In fact, I have a theory that the reason that many str8 men love these sports so much is that they actually have a subconscious (homo)sexual attraction to the shapely, athletic, bulging men who play them!

A few examples:

PRO-FOOTBALL: Well built, muscular men running around in skin-tight stretch pants (which often clearly reveal a jock-strap line) and patting each other on the butt. Not to mention, of course, often jumping on top of each other in a big pile and squirming around on the ground together!
Make a touchdown? Do a sexy, leg-shaking dance in the end zone!

BASEBALL: Again, tall, muscular athletic men ALSO in skin-tight pants
(in the early years of baseball, the uniform pants were very baggy!) running about, often grabbing their crotches or overtly adjusting their "equipment" down there, and again with the butt slapping!

WRESTLING: -- Muscular, athletic men almost naked except for skimpy
speedos OR wearing a very revealing spandex singlet and rolling around on the mat with their arms and legs wrapped around each other's musuclar bodies!

And the list could go on....swimming, basketball, and even in male tennis (ever notice the bulge that happens when a male tennis player puts his balls [tennis balls, that is] into the pocket of his shorts? Huge!!)

I'm not at all putting down these popular sports or the men who love them. I'm just proposing (somewhat humorously) my theory as to one reason WHY men might love these sports so much.

So, what do you guys think? :wink: Thanks!

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Thank God for male athletes!:biggrin:

To answer your question, I think that (straight) guys who love watching sports do indeed have an attraction (however mild or innocent it may be) to the athletes they see. I think it akin to the 'mancrush' phenomena. I don't think they'd necessarily like to fuck or suck these guys, but they admire them a great deal and perhaps even are attracted to them physically. I on the other hand do want to fuck and suck these guys, but I am gay!:biggrin: An example of a rather bizarre case of this, is something I've observed while watching the Rockies Weekly program on my local FSN affiliate. Drew Goodman, one of the Rockies game announcers, never fails to make comments about Todd Helton's appearance, whether it be about his thick goatee or his thick arms, he always has something to say about how Todd looks. It comes across as rather bizarre, but, apparently, it seems okay to them. I guess it's all part of the comraderie to them, much like giving nicknames to each other, and they don't see it as being at all homoerotic. And remember, it's not gay to slap a guy on his butt, if you say "Good game!":biggrin:

blue_eyed_devil

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to mention that in football there are positions aptly named a "tight end" and a "wide reciever".
I think that the main reason why staright men watch these homoerotic sports other than liking the sport of course, is not because they like the well-built men but because they want to be like those men.
MK

SailingStud

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Lacrosse is pretty much as homoerotic as football, we are constantly slapping each other on the ass with sticks and hands. We also put our heads together after the game (without the helmet that separates footballer's heads when they do it...it's forehead on forehead, baby!). At my prep school some of us 'bigger' boys were into 'locker room toss' in the showers. Haha, anybody ever hear of it?

hkwes

Experimental Member
Media
I think it is silly to call certain sports "homoerotic." That is just an attitude that you are projecting.

And while I agree that males generally get some satisfaction out of watching guys who are more impressive-looking, I wouldn't say that it is OBVIOUS that there is a sexual element to it. You'd have to present a lot more psychological evidence to convince me of that.

SailingStud

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Haha, well Sammy, locker room toss involves getting a big guy hard and lining up the team to see who can throw and hook a towel onto his cock from the farthest distance away. Good times!

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not at all putting down these popular sports or the men who love them. I'm just proposing (somewhat humorously) my theory as to one reason WHY men might love these sports so much.

I never liked these sports much. The sportiest I ever got was some heavy hitting on the school chess team, and we didn't do any butt-patting. It was pretty dull, actually.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Football of course gets me going.

So does baseball.

Then of course archery--something about holding a long piece of anything and then watching it shoot forward that turns me on.

Of course bowling. Not only some nice profile shots, and some rear shots there is also the idea of guys holding huge balls. (not to mention all those stately pins looking for the balls to smack into them)

In general I enjoy most sports and can get turned on by almost any of them--as long as it involves men.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
LOL, only you guys who are attracted to men notice bulges, muscles, skimpy clothes and imaginary flesh piles!

I think most str8 guys are only interested in the competition and are excited more by their team's victory than their cute little arses!:tongue:

If all men thought like you suggest, the stadium toilets would be a very busy place for those seeking sexual relief!:biggrin1:

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

If all men thought like you suggest, the stadium toilets would be a very busy place for those seeking sexual relief!:biggrin1:

Aren't they already? :rolleyes:

NCbear (who met one friend's father at Parents' Weekend this way and took him back to his dorm single room)

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Or, we could love sports because they're entertaining....

Or we could love sports because it is man in his most primal sense. One team vs. the other, winner take all. It is a battle being played out before our very eyes, and the passion of the fans and players adds to the ambiance of the moment. There's that one moment, where a fans dreams can die, or their dreams can be made true. Each game starts out at a blank slate, and your team has the opportunity, against all odds, to leave the field of battle victorious. The passion you put in to your team, the feel of elation after victory...that's what sports are all about. It's a test of wills, a test of intelligence, and a test of athletic prowess. That's why I played sports, that's why I love sports.

Yeah, it's really because of the bulges:rolleyes:

CollegeGuyDave

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although I've often thought the same about sports and guys and all that has been mentioned, I do think that we are able to twist anything into how we want it to appear. For example:

A bunch of men running around in spandes, slapping eachother's butts, clearly revealing a jock, chasing after a dead pig skin : wide recievers; starting positions with hands (basically in the crotch of the guy infront of him waiting for a ball... - What kind of sport does THAT sound like? COMPLETELY GAY

yet it is football - one of the most 'manly' sports out there. I've seen a number of TERRIBLE injuries. It's a great bonding time for any who play and who just love the sport. It doesn't have to be played in spandex. (I don't mind the spandex though.)

It depends on the point of view. As always.