Homoerotic World

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by JacobFox, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JacobFox

JacobFox Member

Albums:
    I really need to ask someone about this. I am 34 years old now and there have been some things going on my mind. The people on this site seem to be VERY open with their ideas, so maybe I can get some good answers.

When I was in high school, I never really knew anyone else besides me who was gay. Well, some of the boys came out afterwards, but for four years I was the only open one (I graduated in 1994). I grew up with everything being boy-girl, boy-girl.

Nowadays, however, it seems like I can't watch two feet without seeing someone who is either gay or bi. And truthfully, I don't look for these things. I am a LTR kinda guy and my boyfriend and I have been together for almost three years now.

Still, whenever I see a pic or profile of some hot guy, it seems like they are always gay or "I'm straight but like gay sex (which I am not stupid enough to fall for but I still talk to some)."

Is there so much in the world that is becoming homoerotic or am I just thinking I see this because I am gay and looking for it? I am just curious if others see this or if I am just crazy :)

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Gay is the new craze. It has just replaced being metrosexual.:biggrin1:

Well, it seems awareness in general of gay issues has been increasing in the media and public for the past 50 years, so I suppose more people admit to their gay preferences publicly.

3. JacobFox

JacobFox Member

Albums:
    It makes sense. I am a psychologist so you think I would be better and figuring these things out, but I am not. But anyway, I kinda wish things were like this when I was a teen :)

4. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Personally i think that we are going through a natural progression in equality. We have done the whole women striving for equality with men and so now we are doing the reverse where men are being seen in an equal way to women with sexual symbolism leading the way.

5. JacobFox

JacobFox Member

Albums:
    '

Yeah, and I know you're right actually. Or at least I agree with you. But, for some reason, it has seemed different than usual but I guess that just means I am getting old :)

Draft saved Draft deleted