homophobes..

D_Harry_Pitz

Experimental Member
Media
Homophobia is an internalized self-loathing based on the fear and/or knowledge that the homophobe himself is at least capable of same-sex attraction.

When they act out, they're projecting a punishment onto others that they, themselves, feel should be applied to them instead.

Of course, that doesn't make it any less douchey.

There certainly are a lot of cases where this is true. Someone I know very well, lets call him frank, used to be very homophobic, making jokes about gays and saying what they do is disgusting etc. Whenever someone asked "have you heard about frank?" The answer always was "did he come out of the closet?" Not only because he is very homophobic, but also because he would be spotted on everybody's gaydar. And sure enough, he had something going on with a guy when he lived abroad for a year.

Well, your advice to anyone except homophobes, apparently.

This reminds me of the judge in Louisiana, last year, that made headlines for refusing to marry interracial couples. His claim was, "I'm not racist. I just don't think it's right."

The problem with bigotry, Wrat, is that it's so insidious a lot of people don't even realize they're guilty of it until their beliefs on the matter are challenged.

Dude, what you say is true et al, but it doesn't apply to the poster you quoted. You are looking for things that aren't there. This comment about the racist judge is miles off here. I don't know if you are doing this on purpose, but you are missing the point in almost every comment you make today.
I get the feeling you are filled with prejudice towards straight people.

D_Harry_Pitz

Experimental Member
Media
Homophobia is ignorance, and most homophobic people hate on many other things too, they have a bad attitude towards most things they consider stupid or offensive or whatever, they like hate and negativity.

I think the best cure to homophobia is to hang out with gay people, we're completely normal and we share most of the same goals in life, I want a guy, a house, a career and a dog, is that wrong? no, I somewhat feel scared of straight people, because words hurt, sometimes more than punches, we live in a scary world, I don't want to have sex with every hot straight guy I see or have any inappropriate relationship with a minor, I don't want to hurt anyone, and certainly don't want to be hurt.
Now you mention it, this 'frank' is an angry person. He also hates on bums, people with an easier education but an equal diploma, people with a lower diploma, people that are rich, people that are poor, people that use drugs, vegetarians, fat people and people that don't drink. But most of all he hates smokers. He isn't consistent in his hating. He hates when it suits him best.

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess what I was trying to get across, is the sheer stupidity of tweedle dumb, and tweedle dumber...
Why would a gay guy be stealing women, or making out with a woman??? (By definition....)
NOW, a guy with really bad fashion sense... well... Who am I to say who has a bad fashion sense, anyways.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Last edited:

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've got a great story for you. One night my girlfriend and I were walking down Chistoper Street when we happened up some poilice activity. As we got closer we saw two quite feminine gay men talking to the police in a very assertive manner. Now, I say they were quite feminine not because of their build, which was actually very muscular yet lean, but because of their mannerisms (hand on the hip, other hand very animated, not a hair out of place, smooth pristine skin etc.) When we looked to our left we saw 3 big oafy (if thats a word) looking obvious morons in the back lumped up, scraped up, and bleeding.

As it turned out, these 3 miscreants thought they were going to rough up some gay dudes only to end up getting roughed up themselves. The moment I found that out I damn near laughed my balls off. How is that for justice? HA HA HA HA 3 homo hating, wannabe gay bashers go into NYC to beat up gays and end up getting their asses kicked by 2 gay men! HAAAAAAAA HA HA HA Gay men I might add that didn't have a scratch on them when the smoke cleared. And on top of it THE ASSHOLES GOT ARRESTED. Imagine how their friends, who I expect are some of the same ilk, handled that news. Perhaps I'm making more of this than I should but I think that's just great.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
malakingti

Not an unfamiliar story M
Owned a facility for accomodation with several said' persons
They were hilarious much of the time - 1 was only 16 - and the problems they caused ha

but overall, managebale .. as long as you understood and accepted where there hormones were at.
They seemed to thrive on the odd beatings, and there devious behaviour and thoughts was more than equal to the average Joe
enz

thieves tho, the buggers hah

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So now they're threatened by metrosexuals who, by definition, are simply cleaned up, more urbane versions of themselves?

Yep.

I've known some of these types that will question a man's sexuality, if they decide to buy newer clothes, have basic hygiene, workout, or just care about their appearance.

It's funny, to me.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:-|
I don't understand the outright hate people have for gays. As long as they don't push it on me, fine. I'm not going to make antigay comments, heck, some of my friends are gay.