Homophobia - How much is ok?

korndog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think homophobia is ever OK. The key word is respect. I think if any straight guy has a gay guy come on to him, he should know how to handle it without being homophobic. Now if the gay guy persists anyway, then that is showing no respect for the straight guy. Not too different from guys hitting on girls who have absolutely NO interest in them. It just makes the guy who is pushing it look like a fool.

I have no problem with gay guys seeing me naked in the locker room. They can check me out as much as they want, as long as they are not pervy about it.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think perhaps what korndog, marleyisalegend, and invisibleman are talking about is the thin line between an appreciative glance (or series of glances) and the full-on, panting, tongue hanging out, horny-dog "gotta get with you" stare.

It's called a lack of decorum.

NCbear (who didn't have decorum in his middle teens but who soon grew out of that phase and was therefore able to see truly beautiful men naked in locker rooms during college without getting hard or freaking them out)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The issues here are personal privacy, inappropriate behaviour and overstepping boundaries. It's nothing to do with homophobia.

Does that make any sense?

That's ONE SIDE of it, but to denouce that homophobia plays a role in it is just silly. For instance, some of these straight guys that react negatively to attention from gay men, do you think their reaction would be as strong if the unwanted attention was coming from a female?

Since I can already imagine some of the responses I'll get, I'm NOT advocating gay men drolling and groping all over straight guys, but if a guy compliments another on his abs and the dude slams him against the wall, I think homophobia might....just might....be a part of it.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm not justifying discrimination, but some gay men perpetuate homophobia. It's bad enough that we haven't yet found our niche in society, made worse by nasty freaks that do unspeakable things. Look at this site, there are threads about gay men touching their friends while they're sleep, jackin' them off, pissin' in their mouths, all the fun things they do to their "str8" friends when they're drunk.

We're already viewed as morally bankrupt whore-monsters that care about nothing as long as we get to bust a nut on it. Married? Who cares? He's asleep? Oh well, if he doesn't know, it's not sexual assault (well, yeah, it is, but anywho). Straight? I'll fix that. Gay men can be some of the most vile, manipulative, soulless people on the planet so it doesn't surprise me sometimes that we get the kinda reactions we get.

It's hard enough for those of us who actually have a soul and standards without these nasty fucks going out there and spoiling the bunch.

Obviously homophobia is NEVER acceptable, but some gay men support it with their selfish, barbaric behavior.

Marley this behavior also applies to vile,misogynistic, breeders as well.
There is no excuse for discrimination.
This is a behavior that is common with all the ignorant folk out there and here.
cigarbabe:saevil:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marley this behavior also applies to vile,misogynistic, breeders as well.
There is no excuse for discrimination.
This is a behavior that is common with all the ignorant folk out there and here.
cigarbabe:saevil:

True, but I said several times that discrimination is NEVER justified.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As a person who wants to preserve his image as a gentleman, I try to be very discreet in observing men and women who are sexually attractive to me for reasons I cannot always understand. I tend to endow them with physical endowments and personalities which are appealing to me. This i find to be a welcome assurance of my continued sexual alertness. I doubt that they ever are aware that I have noticed them and sometimes wonder if they would feel complimented or offended by my covert attention. I know that for myself I would rather be noticed than ignored.

The social conditioning of our society, including the homophobia, has a way of becoming a barrier to a healthy appreciation of sexuality generally and one's own sexuality in particular and my suspicion is that there is a whole lot more fear about not only appearing but actually being attracted to men. I have known men who shun even touching or being touched by men. I wonder about a man whose handshake is limp, who turns red at being embraced by another man, These are hardly the conditions which favor genuine non-sexual bonding between men. All things considered, it appears that less homophobia is always a step in the right direction.

QFT!
C.B.:saevil:

Yes you did Marley but I printed it before you had finished posting so by the time I did post you had already made several other posts.
No big. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If someone want to look at my cock, when I am in the locker room at the gym that's ok with me as long as I am allowed to look at the guy looking. It is a cock, something we piss with, jack with, or have sex with. There is nothing wrong with looking, however, playing with it is another matter.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes you did Marley but I printed it before you had finished posting so by the time I did post you had already made several other posts.
No big. :biggrin1:

No, this is a VERY big deal, now drop your pants so I can look at your dick. I promise not to go any further.:wink:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
True, but I said several times that discrimination is NEVER justified.

I would, across the board, Not allow onto airplanes muslim extremists with explosive devices.

I would, across the board, incarcerate all people with gang tattoos carrying unregistered firearms.

These are forms of discrimination.

I think they are justified.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would, across the board, Not allow onto airplanes muslim extremists with explosive devices.

I would, across the board, incarcerate all people with gang tattoos carrying unregistered firearms.

These are forms of discrimination.

I think they are justified.

You're such a cutie when you're being glib. You know what I was gunnin' for.

As far as unregistered firearms, what about the suit-and-tie fella's that carry 'em, they're immune? Gangs are SO 1997.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
suit and tie types usually have permits to carry when they do.
( not that I am against tossing quite a few suit and tie types in the stripey hole... Every single member of the Bush administration, to start with...)

But, gangstas are essentially ADVERTISING their illegal activities.

The trouble with condemning stereotypes is that so many of us purposefully stereotype ourselves.... take on the regalia to fit the persona we WANT other people to assume we have.
Guys who drive el caminos are jerks.

And white boys with mullets driving trucks with rebel flags on them are probably racists...

Discrimination is the power to tell things apart... the ability to classify and categorize.

If can be bad... but it is mostly good... and entirely necessary.