Homophobic

Str8Man

Just Browsing
Media
If homophobic behavior is being afraid of homosexuals, then what is the word for being afraid someone will think you are gay, or afraid you have gay thoughts or actions? Most guys I know are not afraid of gay guys, they are afraid feelings or thoughts they have are gay, or that someone else will think they are gay. In my day, being tagged as a "Fag" was the worst. Kinda hard to defend yourself against that, unless its a good pop in the mouth. I was picked on in high school with this name calling and it affected me all through college untill I got married in my mid 20s. But I still have married friends that can not deal with feelings and thoughts they have in their heads which they perceive as gay. What is the word or phrase I'm looking for?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Homophobia is the fear of sameness. More accurately, you're afraid you're the same as Mark and Bruce down the street.

Fear of the self would be autophobia.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IMHO, vocal homophobia and anti-homosexual activities by individuals is often prompted by severe self doubt and self loathing. Far too insecure, small minded and un-educated about the subject to deal with their sexuality and desire to have sex with other men. Odd, I find, that "homosexuality" attacks are almost always directed solely at males. Lesbians are erotic fantasy and male homo's are reviled. People can't even hate equally.

conclave27

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah that can be quite annoying. I call it homophobic behavior.
People really got get over it, who cares what a person does.

Myself....I don't advertise. I am just me. When the question or situation comes up I just tell them, "Yeah...no girl. I am into men". If I lose friends or poeple so what.

You can always say your just being trendy/fashionable. Just get them to change their lingo.
:wow:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I recently heard that several leaders of a homophobic anti-Gay group in the USA, got into trouble publicly because it emerged in interviews that the three had had sex with weach other and they regretted it.

Or something along those lines...

The basic just of it is that Homophobia isnt just fear of homosexuality, it is often especially in extreme cases, fear of the sexuality of the self.

Fear that somebody else wil lhate you because of your sexuality is not aphobia, its afear... because a phobia is irrational, thats what the difference is between a phobia and fear - Fear has reason, phobias are beyond the bounds of reason.

I would argue that such a thing is a fear, because in a society where o many people are autophobes and homophobes, you are very likely to be hated because of your sexuality or your perceived sexuality.

However, you shouldnt be, because any right minded person will realise that using "fag" or "gay" as an insult actually divulges more derogitory information about the person who uttered the insult than about the person on the receiving end.

But it is, unfortunatly, a feature of our age...

theshaftstroker: stotty, tell your stoopid friend that a person is not gay if they put blonde streaks in their hair...I have never put blonde streaks in my hair but i absoloutley love cock.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I got it suggested to me I should put blond streaks in my hair by a girl, a friend of my sister. Her brother has blond streaks in his hair. He may well be gay, but he could just as easily be straight, or bi. I can't tell. BTW I went to school and college with this guy.

Anyway I'm not scared of gay people, sometimes embarrassed by my uncle and the things he does and says (he's very extrovert and flamboyant). What I don't like to see though is gay sex/two males kissing or whatever (male-male intimacy). But hey I don't see it that often and I guess gay guys don't much like seein straight sex etc on TV.

People have actually thought I was gay, I have been asked was I gay at least three times. I don't like how people assume that just because I don't go in the pubs where all the dregs are, where all they do is gossip about each other and fight I must be gay...Also it was because I didn't have a girlfriend...people are so ignorant sometimes.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by SomeGuyOverThere@May 29 2005, 10:31 AM
I recently heard that several leaders of a homophobic anti-Gay group in the USA, got into trouble publicly because it emerged in interviews that the three had had sex with weach other and they regretted it.
So sad what self-loathing and misplaced guilt can do to a person. Triggers a lot of the actual evil in the world.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Lex@May 28 2005, 01:35 PM
You know what I meant Jon.
[post=315724]Quoted post[/post]​
Yeah, but it is important to note the difference.

What's curious is how phobia's becoming a buzzword for all prejudices. We now have "heterophobia": The UK, for example, recognizes the rights of unmarried members of the same sex living together, but a straight couple has to be married to have those rights. And transphobia, which, like homosexual, is a mix of Latin and Greek which makes me think a German invented it.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by SomeGuyOverThere@May 29 2005, 06:31 AM
[post=315931]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, there was recently a very homophobic mayor in Spokane who was caught soliciting sex from minors on a gay website. There's also Ex-Gay Ministries.

Wait until I tell you the story of AtoHakeem, though.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Knight@May 29 2005, 03:21 PM
What I don't like to see though is gay sex/two males kissing or whatever (male-male intimacy).
[post=315949]Quoted post[/post]​
I hear this all the time, and without wishing to put too fine a point on it - tough shit. I don't like seeing ugly people whenever I leave the house, but I don't complain about it. I don't like it when some morbidly obese lovecraftian flabmonster slumps down in the seat next to me on the bus, but I keep my mouth shut. none of us ASKED to be born into this godforsaken disaster of a world, but we all gotta live in it together, and there ain't enough space anymore for us to pick and choose which other humans we come into contact with.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@May 29 2005, 07:24 PM
none of us ASKED to be born into this godforsaken disaster of a world, but we all gotta live in it together, and there ain't enough space anymore for us to pick and choose which other humans we come into contact with.
:lol:

Sometimes, Rock, I could almost hug you (but I know you'd then murder me). ;)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Knight@May 29 2005, 07:21 AM
Anyway I'm not scared of gay people, sometimes embarrassed by my uncle and the things he does and says (he's very extrovert and flamboyant). What I don't like to see though is gay sex/two males kissing or whatever (male-male intimacy). But hey I don't see it that often and I guess gay guys don't much like seein straight sex etc on TV.
Good point. Honestly, if you don't like male-male PDAs, make sure to act like a Vulcan when in public with your girlfriend.

hungitaliano

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Dr Rock+May 30 2005, 09:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; May 30 2005, 09:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Knight@May 29 2005, 03:21 PM
What I don&#39;t like to see though is gay sex/two males kissing or whatever (male-male intimacy).
I hear this all the time, and without wishing to put too fine a point on it - tough shit. I don&#39;t like seeing ugly people whenever I leave the house, but I don&#39;t complain about it. I don&#39;t like it when some morbidly obese lovecraftian flabmonster slumps down in the seat next to me on the bus, but I keep my mouth shut. none of us ASKED to be born into this godforsaken disaster of a world, but we all gotta live in it together, and there ain&#39;t enough space anymore for us to pick and choose which other humans we come into contact with.
[post=316088]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

:yourock: :yourock:
respect to the Doctor&#33;