Homos are awesome!

elgrande

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm from Venezuela, and unlike in the States and Europe, the homo-lution didn't start in the 80s but rather in the last 15 years or so.

We, the younger generations, are way more tolerant and respectful of other people's lifestyles, as it should be, but even nowadays gay people aren't that mainstream yet but rather still sort of outcasts. In fact, the only two gay guys I'm close with are two of my four roommates, who are among the most awesome people I've ever met. They're really cool and the five of us get along really well.

I guess what the guys from "Queer Eye" (yes, I watch it; it's a great show and so are the faG-5) once said is true: straight, gay, bi or trans, guys are and will always be just guys.

elgrande

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Finally, people are responding to my thread! I was beginning to think that this place was full of homophobes.

Let's break the stereotype that straights can't get along with gays! Let's show the homos some love =D!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Finally, people are responding to my thread! I was beginning to think that this place was full of homophobes.

Let's break the stereotype that straights can't get along with gays! Let's show the homos some love =D!

honey, the majority of the members are gay. LPSG is quite liberal and i would think there probably aren't any homophobes lurking around here.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I LOVE my gays!

When I first moved to Georgia I missed my girlfriends, but it was my gay friends who got me through, called me every day, and sent sweet good morning text messages, and kept me posted on all the local dish.

honey, the majority of the members are gay. LPSG is quite liberal and i would think there probably aren't any homophobes lurking around here.
We get one or two in chat occassionally but I do my best to run them off. :cool:

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, dear, Stonewall is 1969, that's the beginning.

With all due respect, the gay rights movement really started with Lisa Ben (a pen name created from lesbian) launching a newsletter called Vice Versa in 1947. Or, if you want to go back more, how about Walt Whitman's obviously homoerotic poetry several decades earlier.

There's also Magnus Hirshfeld, who published the first scientific research on homosexuality in 1897 in Germany, and certainly was a supporter/advocate, not like so many 20th century U.S. "scientists" who were anti-gay., with exceptions such as Kinsey. See: Magnus Hirschfeld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

elgrande

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, the point of the thread is to show the gays some love.

When I said that the homo-lution started in the 70s-80s, I meant the time when 'society' started to accept them and they were finally able to go mainstream.

Quick trivia: 'sociedad' is Spanish for society. If you swap the O for an U, you get 'suciedad', which means 'filth'. Ironic, huh?

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Quick trivia: 'sociedad' is Spanish for society. If you swap the O for an U, you get 'suciedad', which means 'filth'. Ironic, huh?

Ok, so everyone knows about Mario and Luigi.

Their evil counterparts are Wario and Waluigi.

In Japanese, there is no r or l sound, only something between the two. Warui means bad in Japanese. Waruigi (remember, no l) and Wario are a play on words.

I think that's just so cool.