homosexuality and promiscuity

clarkma86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think I can definitely see that happening. People are caring less about safety, thanks to the advances of those that came before. The result is an increased propensity to sleep around and do it with less care than should be taken.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is not an independant research organization, but professional homophobes with an agenda to promote. It is a waste of time to even read through it.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is quite funny when you think of it. It was the lice free love everybody attitude of the 60's that made hiv an epedemic. They go on about higher rates of hiv and even higher rates existing in the gay community yet they do not mention that population growth is far higher than the growth/spread of these diseases nor do they mention that instead of 2% of the population identifying as gay it is now 18% so all the figures they show are not weighed up alongside these other changes. So it is complete bollocks plus there is a deffinate homophobic undertone to the whole artical. I would like you all to know also that there alot more gay couplkes out there in the world now who are commited and faithful to eachother now that they feel safe to do so, due to the majority of people being accepting of it. I am coming upto my 7th year with my partner and we are 25 so stereo types should be left at the door in this world now.

I think I can definitely see that happening. People are caring less about safety, thanks to the advances of those that came before. The result is an increased propensity to sleep around and do it with less care than should be taken.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
all i have to say is heterosexuals can be just as promiscuis as homosexuals and bisexuals. I can only agree to a point that men are very promiscuis in general and so are women. I am not saying that all men and women are promiscuis what i am saying is that in recent years i have seen more promiscuity among my heterosexual friends than my gay/bi friends. I have also seen my friends who are gay/bi/str8 in relationships that last a long time i also know and have heard of several people only having sex with one person in an entire lifetime. I do have to agree with Kotchanski that The Family research council is extremely homophobic.

rstrnt

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not even going to waste my time reading it. The Family Research council has been discredited so many times over these issues. They love to pick and choose information from studies, that benefit their objectives, but generally fail to tell the whole story. You will find that most of their information comes from studies at least 10 years old, or older. I could go on for days with this post, but it simply isn't worth my time.

grandunification

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
grandunification, I will get to that and give you my slant on it. But please, before I do, I'm curious to know how you found this article, and what you know about FRC.

I had heard before that gays tend to have huge numbers of partners so I did a yahoo search for something along those lines because I wanted to see data. And I know nothing about the FRC.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had heard before that gays tend to have huge numbers of partners so I did a yahoo search for something along those lines because I wanted to see data. And I know nothing about the FRC.

So you chose the site that is clearly homophobic and want to use that as the basis of your "research"?

It sounds like you have an agenda and impartiality is not a part of it.

grandunification

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So you chose the site that is clearly homophobic and want to use that as the basis of your "research"?

It sounds like you have an agenda and impartiality is not a part of it.

Oh boy, here we go! That is just one of many sites that I have been to. I have absolutely no anti-gay agenda is any way at all. In fact, I support gays fully. If non-biased website is what you crave then have at it...

http://www.shaav.com/professional/outlooks/200111.pdf

I'll be honest, I know someone who is a lesbian and suicidal. All of her friends are lesbians and do drugs/alcohol on a massive scale. This girl is important to me so I decided to do research to find out what was going on, and it turns out that all the data, from religious groups or not, say that gays are more likely to do drugs and have huge numbers of partners. I'm not claiming to understand why this is true, but appearantly it is. When I say that I support gays fully, I mean that if they are being self destructive, and they probably are, then I want to help them any way that I can.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are good and bad on both sides of the sexuality line, and blaming sexuality for someones drug abuse is rediculous.

The reality is substance abuse is very prevalent in communities that are marginalized. It's not a person's sexuality that causes drug use but how well they are accepted by society.

Reactions: dreamer20

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh boy, here we go! That is just one of many sites that I have been to. I have absolutely no anti-gay agenda is any way at all. In fact, I support gays fully. If non-biased website is what you crave then have at it...

http://www.shaav.com/professional/outlooks/200111.pdf

I'll be honest, I know someone who is a lesbian and suicidal. All of her friends are lesbians and do drugs/alcohol on a massive scale. This girl is important to me so I decided to do research to find out what was going on, and it turns out that all the data, from religious groups or not, say that gays are more likely to do drugs and have huge numbers of partners. I'm not claiming to understand why this is true, but appearantly it is. When I say that I support gays fully, I mean that if they are being self destructive, and they probably are, then I want to help them any way that I can.

As I mentioned in my reply to kotchanski, it's not the sexuality that causes the problems but the marginalization they experience.

Your "help" needs to focus on that issue. People who are kicked out of their homes, teased at school, told by the religious right that they're going to hell, etc, etc are likely to have problems. Focusing on a person's sexuality is misguided, focusing on society's shitty treatment of homosexuals is what you should do.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I say that I support gays fully, I mean that if they are being self destructive, and they probably are, then I want to help them any way that I can.

LOL.

If you truly want to help lesbians and gays, grandunification, you will actively take up the fight against homophobia and anti-gay discrimination in society. Because those are the biggest problems we face.

You can start by challenging the organization from which you took the article opening post. Go ahead -- write them a letter challenging their anti-gay bias, and post it here for us to see.

If you do that, not only might I then believe that you actually want to "help" gay people, I will be able to offer a much more detailed response to the question you initially posed.

Reactions: dreamer20

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I do have to agree with Kotchanski that The Family research council is extremely homophobic.

Not only homophobic...but biased. In sexual studies, you test all types of sexuality (not just homosexuality) to prevent biasedness or skewedness of the results.... To see the entire scope. Heterosexuals are apt to wards getting STDs just as homosexuals.

Yeah, I could say all snack cakes have cream filling. And go to Hostess Snacks section and find Twinkies and Ho Hos. Just find those and say oh I guess these are all the snack cakes. They do have cream filling in it...Yet forget that Little Debbie's has Jelly Rolls and Peanut Butter and Jelly filled Oatmeal Pies. [These snack cakes are NOT cream-filled, of course. But because I left those two out of the findings (or possible findings)].

The study findings will reflect how far the researcher has gone or revealed in his/her findings. Maybe, even reflect their personal biasedness...supported by one-sided resources.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that homophobia prevents men from the entire balance of the male potential. In Taoism, it is all about balance. Yin and Yang. When things get too extreme on on side...problems happen. The only solution is to counterbalance. When there is too much destruction, the counterbalance is to construct...to build.

Beachnude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think the important issue here isn't what some fundamentalist thinks about promiscuity in the gay world, but the value and morality you (or I) as an individual place on multiple sex partners.

As an ex hippie and a hedonist of course I believe it is impossible to have too many sex partners and I find both monogamy and chastity to be totally morally repugnant! I only hope the fundamentalists so exhaust themselves praying for my soul that they have little or no time to publish and distribute their bile to our less educated population.

Remember, The Anti Sex League is everywhere, be vigilant, be strong and never, never be afraid to say yes to a new sexual experience.

So many men, so many women, so little time

Bossman1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, gay men are not any more promiscious that str8 men. if anything gay men tend to be more careful and safe because of AIDS.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is quite funny when you think of it. It was the lice free love everybody attitude of the 60's that made hiv an epedemic./quote]

That, of course, explains the issue of HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa.

This is an old canard, IMO. HIV is a virus, not a judgement.