Homosexuality and Testosterone

Do you think that Homosexuality decreases Testosterone hormone in men?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 9.7%
  • No!

Votes: 198 80.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 25 10.1%

• Total voters

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
N.B. The experiment you linked to is unrelated to the question you have asked. And the answer to your question is No.:cool:

Exactly, the study relates to exposure to hormones in the womb, and the effects this has on certain physical traits and abilities and has nothing to do with whether or not adult sexual activity or sexuality effects or has anything to do with hormone levels.

B_KOKOBWARE

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is interesting. Testosterone stimulates your dick to grow in puberty along with many other important changes. Tons of Gay guys are well endowed...so this myth is busted!

BikerBear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe a lack of testosterone could cause a homosexual to be the bottom (receiver) more often...

Ummm, 'scuse me??? Believe me, I am all man and have plenty of testosterone.... yet, I luv bottoming.

Try again mate! :smile:

Robiqe2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The question is dangerous and not easily answered. I'm a believer of behavior and culture (anthropology) and it's more likely that society has defined the role of the modern homosexual, but the range is insufficiently studied. You're talking about 10% of the American population and I have no numbers for other countries. There are also historical literary records of "alpha males" demonstrating bisexual tendencies. I could go on and on, but the opinion answer I would suggest for further study is that in the absence of need for testosterone in males there is likely a reduction, an insignificant level that corresponds somewhat to pheronmone production for high male population assimilation.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There are studies that were done on this subject maybe 40 years ago because it was a "nagging" question. In the study a number of gay males were given injectable testosterone. Not one of them changed orientation or behavior in ANY manner when this was done. Some had increased libido, some grew body hair, none became "straight by injection". Among this test group were of course effeminite men. None of them became more masculine in mannerism because of the injections they were receiving. This is an old "war horse" that simply refuses to die and is based on ideas and theories dating back to the 1930's

engorged

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Testosterone levels are definitely no way of telling, but then what's up with the effeminate behaviours of so many homosexual men? Is that just something they develop because that's the stereotype?

1) Yes. Even Oscar Wilde, who was tall and had a large frame, forced himself into that behavior because he thought it was the thing to do. It's less and less common as time goes on.

2) The gay guys you see that are effeminate, you know are gay. The gay guys you see that AREN'T effeminate -- police officers, fireman, construction workers, marines, truck drivers, etc. you don't realize are gay. So your sample is biased in that you are more likely to notice a man is gay if he is effeminate. If he is very masculine, you never question if he is gay. (Not just you, but society in general including, yes, many gays).

engorged

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1) Yes. Even Oscar Wilde, who was tall and had a large frame, forced himself into that behavior because he thought it was the thing to do. It's less and less common as time goes on.

2) The gay guys you see that are effeminate, you know are gay. The gay guys you see that AREN'T effeminate -- police officers, fireman, construction workers, marines, truck drivers, etc. you don't realize are gay. So your sample is biased in that you are more likely to notice a man is gay if he is effeminate. If he is very masculine, you never question if he is gay. (Not just you, but society in general including, yes, many gays).

everything you say is so right but hey, why the !@#$ do we need to justify that to him? thats his shit in his head - gay men and women act behave and live in just the same spectrum of modalities as anyone Who gives a toss if you have a limp wrist or if you are grizzly adams? just as long as it is real....