Homosexuality - Fraternal Birth Order

How many older brothers by your birth mother do you have?

Votes: 53 57.6%

Votes: 25 27.2%

Votes: 10 10.9%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

• More

• Total voters

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm first and I only have one younger brother. He's very heterosexual and I'm VERY homosexual.

I bet he's just doing that to be different. :rolleyes: The youngest child often goes out of their way to be different from older siblings and get attention.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Only 1 older brother from my mom. I have 2 older brothers and 1 older sister in total. I'm the baby and I'm bi, with a gay leaning, living the "straight life". No one suspects me of being remotely attracted to men and it's not because I'm doing anything to hide it. They all assume that I'm going to get a gf one day.

MH07

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Older sister - died in childhood, who can say whether she was gay or str8?
Me - gay and have known it (in a subconscious way) since childhood
Younger sister - very str8

I have 5 gay cousins (all on my mother's side). Birth order:

1. younger of 2 boys, older is str8
2. middle, older brother (we think) str8 (KIA Vietnam), younger sister lesbian
3. oldest of 2 boys, younger is str8
4. oldest; younger sister str8

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

4. oldest; younger sister str8
I was gonna mention my cousins in my first post. Out of all my cousins (first, second, third) on both sides of my family, I'm the only male homosexual, but there are at least eight lesbians. In fact, the only other gay man in my family was said to have been my maternal grandfather's brother, but even that was just based on assumption. Perhaps there are closet cases in my family, but I doubt it. Quite a few of my second and third cousins are still under 18 though, so who can say for sure among them yet.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
think the correlation is weak, but perhaps is there. 3 older sisters. no bros. i was a "mistake". momma had me at 40. haha.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Studies done by University of Toronto and Brock University suggest that fraternal birth order from the same mother can have an influence on sexual orientation due to prenatal development.

We have an enormous pool of men on this site so I thought I would take the opportunity to see how well results from our membership match up with theirs.

For comments please indicate if any of your maternal siblings are gay and where they fall in birth order. For the purposes of this gay does not include mere experimentation but full attraction to the same sex.

Hi Gillette, just curious as to how this is going or is it to early?

dwtrlp

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

4. oldest; younger sister str8[/quote]

I think the cousin thing is more significant than the sibling thing. Why?

I have one cousin who is gay on my mother's side.

I have one (gay) double first cousin-once removed, who is an only child, on my father's side.

I also believe the numbers may be larger than I know because of homophobia in the family.

Genetics is a crap shoot. With smaller families now, it is going to be less likely that we will be able to look at birth order, so we have to look to the "extended" family.

Supposedly, the gene is passed by the mother. That means that in a large family of say six children with three girls and three boys, when the girls marry and have children, they would have the gene from their mother and be able to pass it on to their male children, where it could not be further passed on. My gay cousin on my Mother's side is the child of her sister. Mother had one brother who had a daughter (straight). On my father's side, his double first cousin was a male, so it could be coincidence that my cousin is getting his gay gene from another line.

So maybe we should ask the question: If you have gay cousins, is their mother your mother's sister? If the majority answer yes, maybe there is a correlation there.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Gillette, just curious as to how this is going or is it to early?

Still too early, I'd say. Not even 100 responses to the poll yet.

My brother is older than me by 37 minutes and he's completly straight. Does it still apply for twins or do we count as one??

I'd say for the conditions this study thinks are a factor twins would count as one as they would be from the same pregnancy.