Homosexuals are great for evolution!

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well for one thing, I'm not buying your theory that gay genes are in anyway inferior, and for another thing in order for your theory to be tested correctly, any siblings of gay men or woman would have to not reproduce as well.Good luck collecting that data!

I am not suggesting that people with gay genes are inferior....merely that gay people have neither inferior or superior genes....i.e the genes are diluted too much to contribute significantly enough for nature to take the risk allowing the bad genes to continue to further generations

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I believe it has also been proposed that homosexuals are a natural method of large single sex societies from tearing themselves apart. Look at large groups of men, no sexual release, equals blood shed. The ancient Greek military even nurtured this calming, bonding effect homosexuality has on large single sex groups by actively encouraging man on man sex amungst its soldiers, it made them better warriors apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_militaries_of_ancient_Greece

Last edited:
Reactions: keenobserver

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Funny. Though grossly ignorant.

First up, and a big one here, gay maybe a matter of biology but not strictly genetic. There are no actual proven gay genes. You imply that homosexuals must carry other genes that nature considers massively detrimental to human survival, therefore has selectively made them gay as not to spread them... not so me thinks. Sexuality is not, as far as I'm aware' a precursory link to known genetic conditions.

YouTube - Is Homosexuality a Choice?

Have a watch, it might help, lol.

As to why homosexuality exists, in a social or evolutionary context, well, the jury is out on that one.

Personally, I don't believe anyone is 100% straight or gay but we all sit on a sexuality spectrum, some straighter so gayer than others. Look at Benobo chimps... Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...sex is a sort of social lubricant if you will, I suppose ultimately keeping us from killing each other on a daily basis, lol.

Link it or not, humans are members of the animal kingdom, we have instincts too. Male male sex is extremely prevalent in the animal kingdom and always has been, we are no different.

Okay........i give up my theory.....can i at least have the corner nearest the radiator....its a little cold over here this time of year! :biggrin1:

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think it's more important that you had a theory. How else would we change the world as humans if we did nothing but accept. Last I checked, being gay wasn't a religion, lol.

This might interest you though...

WikiAnswers - Why does the homosexuality exist

(may account for why typically gay men find alpha straight men so attractive?)

Reactions: alcor972

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Homosexuality does not stifle the urge to reproduce. In fact, through written history, we know that homosexuals did marry and reproduce. It would be extremely unusual, until recently, that homosexuals didn't reproduce. Modern marriage, where romantic love became the horse before the (baby) carriage, is a very recent construct (as is homosexuality as an exclusive orientation).

thank god all my modern day urges are backed up by historical fact. i will now go forth and multiply without compunction! (soon as i find a womb for rent)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am not suggesting that people with gay genes are inferior....merely that gay people have neither inferior or superior genes....i.e the genes are diluted too much to contribute significantly enough for nature to take the risk allowing the bad genes to continue to further generations

Then in that case you need to add to your test group of siblings who reproduce, but also gay men who donate sperm or gay woman who donate their eggs. I'm not buying any of this. I'm going to put on my most stylish designer clothes and uncomfortable italian shoes and throw together a thoughtful gift basket and go over to Mickey Lee's and laugh about your theory.

Reactions: keenobserver

vinnyc

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I really liked Rugbypup's contribution because it asks the fundamental and underlying question behind all this theory: are there, in first place, "gay genes"?

If it has not been demonstrated and proved by scientists (there is no wide consensus for the moment just as for a "violence gene" or a "obesity gene"), so this would simply just turn down all your theory Mitchymo, as though empassioned as you were, trying to share with us your thoughts.

Now, assuming there were indeed some "gay genes", I am not personally convinced that we can have a precise and objective idea as all scientifical studies were very biased by social and cultural impacts in terms of genetical pool mixing: through history, so many gay people did indeed reproduce and transmitted their genes that it would be very hard to isolate a specific gay population to see the impact of the transmission of their genes. And for a very simple reason... gay people cannot reproduce with each other!! :)

All the studies are therefore to be considered with a lot of precautions...

cheers,
-vinnyc

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Then in that case you need to add to your test group of siblings who reproduce, but also gay men who donate sperm or gay woman who donate their eggs. I'm not buying any of this. I'm going to put on my most stylish designer clothes and uncomfortable italian shoes and throw together a thoughtful gift basket and go over to Mickey Lee's and laugh about your theory.

That's mean!!! :frown1: ..... Its not THAT bad a theory :biggrin1:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A lot of this is blinding me with science when I'd prefer to be blinded by a sackload of cum. I'm not convinced by Gay "genes" at all unless you mean the tight variety with a bulge. I'll stop...

Actually, I do think there may be something in the OPs theory. But its only a small piece of natures huge, complex jigsaw puzzle. Humans have free will & a mind to make decisions & choices that other animals do not. This is a huge factor in all of this. I do not feel comfortable with all this researching or even questioning of homosexuality. We are NOT a disease. There does NOT need to be a cure. Why not research heterosexuality? Because they breed that explains all & validates their existence? Well we breed to(see Treasure Island films).

Seriously, this topic can only ever go round & round in circles. There will never be proof either way. If proof is ever found what are we gonna do with it? THAT'S when the real problems start.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Mind if I join you 2? I'll bring the fruit tray. I can cut pineapple into stars for us!

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Your (a): Not entirely impossible, perhaps--Nature can work in mysterious ways. But would need a good deal more exacting, scientific study. Whether gays are more numerous proportionally today than they always have been is a moot question. We really have no good conception of how many there actually are now or were in the past. May just seem more prevalent today because of greater social/sexual openness.

Your (b): A very deep pile of tosh, if "tosh" = pure, unadulterated shit. Go back and reread, esp. perhaps, Jason Els' (first) reply and Nudeyorker's (also Koval's [/snicker!/]). And just for your record, "inferior" genes or not, I'll note in all sincere modesty in order to make my point that I am twice a proud father and, I think, not a totally gene-pool-polluting, spit-drooling idiot: I hold a PhD from a major university, summa cum laude, and have studied extensively in two others, one in a non-English-speaking country. Have you done any real research on the subject? Are you aware of how many geniuses who have contributed immeasurably to mankind's culture and well-being were/are homosexual? Homespun theories and philosophies can be harmless (though I'm not sure yours are), but to have any validity they must be backed up by facts and knowledge. And you, sir, are obviously neither scientist nor philosopher. But I hope, at least, that you are not a self-hating gay man...that homophobe-inspired maliciousness went out of fashion long ago. Say it loud--I'm gay and I'm proud!!!

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Within Darwinian terms of reference (I wonder what he got up to in the Captain's cabin all those long cold nights :biggrin1:), homosexually orientated "fittest" males should not be excluded from reproduction. Clearly some should be EXCUZED, and there seems to be no shortage of willing women.

I have come to the conclusion having thought about it for a number of years that homosexuality serves two purposes both of which aids evolution.

a) a natural population control, where populations become extreme, the gay gene kicks in to slow the growth

and

b) to extinguish bad genes, inherited bad genes from two people which together create offspring which is actually a devolved human being compared to the parents carries genes which are twice as unhelpful in evolutionary development terms so the gay gene kicks in to prevent bad genes from lasting in the gene pool.

If this is a pile of tosh then please let me know why so i can go sit back in the corner and re-think for another decade or do you think it makes sense?

I think to say that it is a natural way to curb over population is quite logical and I've made this argument myself!! However the second one is I think definitely rubbish, because most gays are actually extremely nice looking and if they had a man miss world, it would be more than likely a gay man who would win it haha! There are all sorts of gay males, active versatile and passive, but to say.

You have very masculine men, body builder types, girly men which are very feminine and in between masculine and feminine.

However a lot of straight men like to get serviced from a gay man, because a gay man knows what a man likes and is in some ways better at it than a women.

Men who would fk a women up the but, to me what's the difference fkin a mans but, I personally think men who like fkin women but would defo fk a man!

I got fked twice off a man and they both said it was like fkin a fanny, except better, because it was tighter!

But it's all if's and an's pot's and pans! I've had five of my straight friends come onto me and begged me to blow them and fk me!

I personally think everyone has homosexuality in them, some more than others, but it's definitely there, just most straight men are frightened to admit it for fear of who'd get to know and them being outed! Many men in some countries put up a man in an apartment and have a man at their disposal, because they really believe women are for procreation and men are for fun!

I have come to the conclusion having thought about it for a number of years that homosexuality serves two purposes both of which aids evolution.

a) a natural population control, where populations become extreme, the gay gene kicks in to slow the growth

and

b) to extinguish bad genes, inherited bad genes from two people which together create offspring which is actually a devolved human being compared to the parents carries genes which are twice as unhelpful in evolutionary development terms so the gay gene kicks in to prevent bad genes from lasting in the gene pool.

If this is a pile of tosh then please let me know why so i can go sit back in the corner and re-think for another decade or do you think it makes sense?

In red, a sure indication of homosexuality, you think :) :) Therefore you are :)