Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Asexual
Hey everybody,

I'm currently a 225 lb 22 year old (6 ft tall) so I have a bit of a belly. Being a lifeguard I'm always exercising but I haven't been able to shake off the last bit

Does anybody have any advice for cardio or workout plans for a relative beginner? Not only do I want to get in shape before I move away for school but I want to see more of my dick to be honest (bone pressed is a lot bigger than non-bone pressed)

widerimmedhead

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't do anything to lose weight that you can't keep doing forever. Weight regain ratchets the fat up... better to have a bit of a belly than start the yo-yo cycle.

Of course you might be able to get used to drinking only water and make that permanent. If you can you'll see big results forever.

Reactions: bmx4x4

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I find diet can be just as, or even more important, than exercise. You are what you eat.
It's all about diet, studies have shown that exercise has little to do with weight loss
Diet is your best bet here but I would also ad not only what you eat and your portion size but when you eat. timing of when you eat your meals can greatly affect stubborn fat.

redlinexxx80

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I used to have a rule that worked great - "no carbs after 7pm". The reason being that metabolism slows down towards bedtime so less chance of burning food off. If you are eating peanut butter sandwiches at 11 at night you are never going to lose weight.

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You cant out cardio a bad diet. Also sugar is what makes people fat. Read labels of what you eat, and especially what you drink and cut out sugar and your body will respond amazingly. Also no fried food.

It really is this simple. Dont overlook the small diet changes like no soda.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Beware of diet drinks containing artificial sweeteners. Recent research suggests that, while they can reduce calories if you don't rationalize that drinking them entitles you to more different calories, they promote gut bacteria that make your body more efficient at absorbing calories.

thick_

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I recently lost over 50 lbs everyone asked what I did to lose the weight. They were underwhelmed but my answer. They want to hear a secret diet or pill. I didn't use any diet I ate what I wanted BUT I did use the app loseit android/iPhone and watched my portions with it. It is very easy to use. I was already very into weight lifting not losing weight so I added interval cardio and more walking like instead of sitting for my breaks I walked. But having said all that as many have said you need to want to really lose the weight and it is a lifestyle change. Gaining the weight back is a peice of cake (pun intended) and fast.

Good luck.

trynagetbig

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey everybody,

I'm currently a 225 lb 22 year old (6 ft tall) so I have a bit of a belly. Being a lifeguard I'm always exercising but I haven't been able to shake off the last bit

Does anybody have any advice for cardio or workout plans for a relative beginner? Not only do I want to get in shape before I move away for school but I want to see more of my dick to be honest (bone pressed is a lot bigger than non-bone pressed)

How much alcohol do you consume? Cut it out along with simple sugars. If you're going to excercise, lift some what heavy and take short rest periods between sets. Any questions or want an excercise plan just pm me. Goals, time, experience will all play a part. Good Luck

Shining

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Asexual
How much alcohol do you consume? Cut it out along with simple sugars. If you're going to excercise, lift some what heavy and take short rest periods between sets. Any questions or want an excercise plan just pm me. Goals, time, experience will all play a part. Good Luck

Funny thing is I don't drink any alcohol, but I did drink pop for a while which I'm cutting out entirely (I had it out for a bit but fell back in to drinking it every other day)

Reactions: trynagetbig

onestepatta

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The standard cliche.... abs are made in the kitchen. There's some good advice up above. I would only add, make fruits and vegetables your in between meal snacks and a very large proportion of your meals. The are nutritious, filling, good for your health and no calorie dense.

D

deleted55043

Breakfast is paramount. Eat smaller portions of lunch and dinner. Do not eat large after 6pm. Drink lots of water. Exercise moderately, if only walking for 20 minutes 2-3 times a week to stretch your limbs and get your metabolism fired up. Follow the 80-20 rule. 80% discipline and 20% indulgence.

Reactions: SSS79 and Gaius89

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive never understood why people say " dont eat after a certain hour". Everyone has a different work, sleep, workout, social schedule. There is nothing magical about 6pm. For example i am usually just leaving my house to go to work at 6pm after just finishing training.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There's no secret diet or mystical juju that will enable you to lose weight.
Your body is a simple machine. Calculate your TDEE and keep track of what you are eating, then reduce your intake so that you are in a deficit. A simple food scale, a site like myfitnesspal where you can log what you are eating, and a few minutes a day are all it takes.

Once you know what you are eating per day you can analyze it and find out where your problem areas are (for example if you typically drink four cans of coke or three iced coffees a day), and you can address those by learning more about nutrition and clean eating.

The reason most people cant lose weight is because they lack even a basic understanding of nutrition and totally underestimate how many calories they're putting in their bodies, especially through snacks and drinks.

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^ yep. Also why it is important to keep a pretty consistant diet. Mostly the same type of foods per day so if something is or isnt working, it is easy to single out what it is and make small adjustments.