Honest advice for weight loss?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
  • Count calories (Figure out an appropriate caloric intake for your height and activity level and then count each day your progress towards that target).
  • Cut back significantly on sugar (200 calories from nuts is a thousand times better than 200 calories from processed sugar / carbs).
  • Get a full 8 hours of sleep every night.

Reactions: SSS79
D

deleted964387

Try my fitness pal app and track your food intake... the right diet goes a long way even without exercise

Big4Asia

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Try to get your diet clean... as much food as you can from a farm, as little as you can from a factory
And try to make everything nutrient dense (a little black molasses syrup will add B vitamins for example)

Bone stocks make for great alternative breakfasts and add protein to brown rice dishes.

Stubborn belly fat may also be a stress thing, very typical of those with high cortisol levels.
Take a look at some mindfulness stuff to go along with the HIIT - maybe some yoga?

And remember - it's not the hr that you send in the gym each day, it's the 23 hrs outside of it

Reactions: SSS79

bigdude575

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey man, I'm 45 years old and just lost between 25-30 lbs in about 2 months. It was actually quite easy. If you burn more calories than you consume, you WILL lose weight. I didn't kill myself by spending hours at the gym. I suggest you get some type of heart rate monitor or fitness tracker that shows how many calories you burned during the day. I'm also a believer in intermittent fasting and OMAD (one meal a day). It's not easy at first, but if you have the will power and determination you can do it. Good luck.

Attachments

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's what has worked for me--

--I lift 4 times a week. I do cardio for one hour after each session. I spin once per week.
--I keep a food log. It makes me think twice before I ingest something bad knowing i have to write it down and then share it with my PT.
--I love a good salad. I am most careful with dressings as many are calorie/fat dense.
--I watch my carbs more than my fat, which i also pay attention to. Raspberry vinaigrette, yum!
--If I eat potatoes, no butter, no cheese, just a little black pepper.
--I use mustard or salsa on almost everything in place of mayo.
--I might cheat once/twice a week. Sometimes I don't feel like it. But i give myself that option. With no guilt.

Consistency has been paramount to my success, whether I was bulking up or in the slim down phase. I rarely miss a workout or cardio session. Best wishes to you an finding what's best to accomplish your goals.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's all about diet, studies have shown that exercise has little to do with weight loss

That is not true, it is well documented that exercise improves insulin sensitivity and certain forms of it, primarily more anaerobic dominant work, actually increase fat oxidation and improve hormonal profiles.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey everybody,

I'm currently a 225 lb 22 year old (6 ft tall) so I have a bit of a belly. Being a lifeguard I'm always exercising but I haven't been able to shake off the last bit

Does anybody have any advice for cardio or workout plans for a relative beginner? Not only do I want to get in shape before I move away for school but I want to see more of my dick to be honest (bone pressed is a lot bigger than non-bone pressed)

FWIW, significant weight loss is a great penis-enlargement strategy. Getting rid of the 1 - 2" of pelvic fat works wonders.

Reactions: sangheili90

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
A few tips on diet.

1. Cut down sugar. .. It is the devil. Particularly sugar drinks. You will also be surprised at things that have a lot of sugar that you might not think like milk, ketchup , mayonnaise. Salad dressings, yogurts, orange juice. You think a lot of what I mentioned are good for you but are not if trying to lose weight. Also sugar is addictive. The more sugar you take the more sugar you will crave. Cut down sugar.

2. Drink lots of water. Make a conscious effort to drink more water than usual.

3. Eggs are REALLY good for you are on a diet. Try and have eggs for breakfast most days. They will fill you up. Full of protein and help you burn fat.

4. Sleep well and try and get at least 8 hours. If you are tired in the day from a lack of sleep you will crave food to keep you going.

for exercise.
1. Running is great for losing weight but make sure to mix distance and pace. Some days run at an easy pace but go for a long distance. This is good for stamins. Other days go as shorter distance at a quick speed. This improves speed. Also do hill reps. This is where you sprint up a hill and then jog back down. Really tough but great for weight loss. Actually any sport that has you really out of breath is great for weight loss but running is good as you can do it by yourself and anywhere.

seanseattle

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You cant out cardio a bad diet. Also sugar is what makes people fat. Read labels of what you eat, and especially what you drink and cut out sugar and your body will respond amazingly. Also no fried food.

It really is this simple. Dont overlook the small diet changes like no soda.

Agree diet is everything, especially as you get closer to your ideal weight. I like controlled fasting.

Building muscle helps.

Cardio is key, especially running if you can do it consistently.

Also, many wont like this suggestion, but phentermine is great for appetite control, and fine to use short term.

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agree diet is everything, especially as you get closer to your ideal weight. I like controlled fasting.

Building muscle helps.

Cardio is key, especially running if you can do it consistently.

Also, many wont like this suggestion, but phentermine is great for appetite control, and fine to use short term.

Is phentermine a controlled substance? Or is it easily orderable from overseas drug stores?

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
phentermine is great for appetite control, and fine to use short term.

Willpower is free, has no adverse side-effects, and works long-term.

eric19831

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you want to shed those extra pounds get a fit bit so you can see how many calories you burn in a day. Track all the food you eat. You need to put yourself in a calorie deficit in order to loose weight. This does not mean starving yourself! Regular daily exercise also needs to be worked into your weight loss routine. You can't have one without the other. And just remember... nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Avoid sugar(and corn syrup ) 100% and you can lose the weight quickly 10-15 pounds a month
This is just irresponsible advice. Without knowing what the OP's current diet looks like, there's NO way you can tell him he's going to lose any number of pounds in a month.

It's always a good idea to limit your sugar intake... There's other good advice in here, too... Like eating as much as you can from a farm and as little as you can from a factory... and while exercise can play a role... it's not as important as your diet when it comes to weight loss. All of that is great advice for health... but ultimately, like a few people have already said... the bottom line is being in caloric deficit. Nailz is spot on about this, as always. As for the suggestion of phentermine... Keep in mind that anything you do temporarily will likely only provide temporary results. Going on a diet will last as long as you stay on the diet. Results from taking a pill will last as long as you take the pill. If you return to your previous eating habits, your body will return to it's previous state and if you stop taking the pills... they'll stop helping you burn calories. It's just that simple.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This is just irresponsible advice. Without knowing what the OP's current diet looks like, there's NO way you can tell him he's going to lose any number of pounds in a month.

It's always a good idea to limit your sugar intake... There's other good advice in here, too... Like eating as much as you can from a farm and as little as you can from a factory... and while exercise can play a role... it's not as important as your diet when it comes to weight loss. All of that is great advice for health... but ultimately, like a few people have already said... the bottom line is being in caloric deficit. Nailz is spot on about this, as always. As for the suggestion of phentermine... Keep in mind that anything you do temporarily will likely only provide temporary results. Going on a diet will last as long as you stay on the diet. Results from taking a pill will last as long as you take the pill. If you return to your previous eating habits, your body will return to it's previous state and if you stop taking the pills... they'll stop helping you burn calories. It's just that simple.
most people eat a lot of sugar
if he is like most american'ts its a sugar problem sugar makes you fat

I used to drink 1 to 2, 2 liters of soda every day.

that is 1200 calories in 1 2 liter.

i lost 50 pounds total from 240 pounds to 190 pounds 40 pounds in the first two months and 10 on the 3rd month I started eating sugary foods and gained 20 pounds

that with everything else unchanged no extra exercise

go figure i'n 210 stable right now..