Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
most people eat a lot of sugar
if he is like most american'ts its a sugar problem sugar makes you fat

I used to drink 1 to 2, 2 liters of soda every day.

that is 1200 calories in 1 2 liter.

i lost 50 pounds total from 240 pounds to 190 pounds 40 pounds in the first two months and 10 on the 3rd month I started eating sugary foods and gained 20 pounds

that with everything else unchanged no extra exercise

go figure i'n 210 stable right now..

It's great that that worked for you... but most people do not consume 4 liters of soda a day. Over consuming sugary foods and drinks will put weight on you... but so will over-consuming anything. You can't tell someone they'll lose 10-15 pounds in a month by cutting down on sugar. I used to weigh 300 pounds... and I didn't eat a lot of sugar. Your advice would have been useless, frustrating, and discouraging to me.

As to it being a sugar problem... yeah... most Americans *do* consume too much sugar... but sugar is calories... and too many calories are what causes weight gain. Period. Also, you're assuming he's American... but his info says he lives in Canada.

Reactions: dreamkendrafuckME

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's great that that worked for you... but most people do not consume 4 liters of soda a day. Over consuming sugary foods and drinks will put weight on you... but so will over-consuming anything. You can't tell someone they'll lose 10-15 pounds in a month by cutting down on sugar. I used to weigh 300 pounds... and I didn't eat a lot of sugar. Your advice would have been useless, frustrating, and discouraging to me.

As to it being a sugar problem... yeah... most Americans *do* consume too much sugar... but sugar is calories... and too many calories are what causes weight gain. Period. Also, you're assuming he's American... but his info says he lives in Canada.

well he did say he was a student which means he smokes pot (munchies) (unless he is uncool type of person)and eats mc'd for breakfast lunch and dinner

1. Eat less and well. Eat to live and survive, not for pleasure/enjoyment/to fill some void. Humans actually require much less food that we eat in most "first world" societies. We generally eat huge breakfasts, huge lunches, and huge dinners, and then wonder why we gain and maintain weight. Also, our portions are usually unnecessarily large. Most times we eat so much food that we stretch our stomachs over time beyond their natural size, which then forces us to eat more and more food to feel "full". Eat less, which will help the stomach return to it's natural size and cut down on the amount of food we must take in to feel "full". Because we're no longer living in a wild hunter-gatherer society, we have the luxury of free time and focusing on comfort, so feeling "full" is something we pay attention to. However, don't always focus on feeling full. Just eat a small healthy meal, and keep moving.

1A. Those who work in high-energy, high-demand, busy jobs often feel they need to eat a lot of food in order to have energy. I work in the medical field, and my particular work often requires me to travel across states. I used to feel that I needed to take in a lot of food to maintain energy in a high-paced environment. I cut down and found out that I was still able to operate. Find out how much food your body requires to maintain your energy, and stick to it. I guarantee its less than you think.

2. Cut out foods that are high in sugar (especially processed sugars), fats, oils, and an abundance of salt, which is typically what is most popular in our diets. Retrain your craving system toward foods that are healthy. This can take a few weeks of eating healthy food, before you lose your craving for foods that aren't good for you, but keep at it. After a few weeks, you will definitely notice yourself craving the good foods, instead of the bad ones.

3. Sugar is such a huge part of our diet, and most people struggle with this. Eat fruit instead of candy/sweet baked goods/cakes/processed foods, when you get a craving for sweets. Try the less popular fruits, also. People often only buy apples and oranges because they're generally the cheapest and most common fruits. People get bored eating those two and then go back to candy. Try other fruits like blueberries, peaches, plums, watermelon, dark cherries. They're high in water content and very sweet. Avoid buying fruits you aren't particularly fond of. You won't eat them, they'll spoil, and then you'll be back to candy. There are a wide variety of fruits, with diverse tastes. Find what your taste buds love, and buy them. You may need to go outside of your local supermarket. Also, while the less common fruits can get expensive, many stores offer frozen fruit that don't have any additives, etc. (Whole Foods, local trader markets) They may not be as healthy/fresh as fresh fruit, but get the job done.

4. If you have a high appetite, eat several tiny meals through the day. For instance, break your breakfast up into four or five different small tupperwares. Do the same with your lunch. Whenever you get a craving, eat from one of the tupperwares. This way you'll fulfill your appetite, without eating entire meals every time you're hungry.

5. Eat fruits and vegetables that have a higher water content. The water conent will cause you to fill more "full" with less actual eating.

6. Eat less meat. It takes more meat to make you feel full, than fruits or vegetables.

7. AVOID RED MEAT! I'm not one of those people who say you can't ever eat it (although some studies/science suggests it is carcinogenic, i.e. cancer causing). However, white meat and fish are much more healthy for you and easier for the stomach to break down. Chicken and turkey are great white meats. Also, avoid "cheap fish", like catfish. It's usually the most polluted and the worst for you. I know everybody loves a good catfish fry, but try to diversify the fish you eat.

8. Go to the gym. Focus on weight loss FIRST! I see so many people who have a lot of fat on their body using free weights and weight machines, and it's unwise. The weights and weight machines are generally focused on building up muscle, not burning fat. Unless you're using extremely heavy weights, you're usually not going to be using the energy required to burn fat. If you have a lot of fat on your body, then working out for muscle-building/gain won't be as effective, if the muscle is still covered in fat. Weights and weight machines require short burst energy, while aerobic/fat-burning machines require consistent maintained energy which helps burn the fat. Focus first on getting the fat off by using the aerobic and fat-burning machines, such as the treadmill, stair-climber, the various bicycle machines. Planet Fitness is a great gym that is super cheap (usually $10 a month in most markets), while offering an abundance of aerobic and fat-burning machines. They cater primarily to weight loss more so than muscle-building. Once you get the fat off to a point where you're able to see the muscles that are usually covered (usually abdominal muscles and thigh muscles), then you can start focusing on muscle building to sculpt the body you want. But avoid dropping aerobic/fat-burning exercises...keep doing them.

9. Sleep well. A stressed out and tired body is never good. Sleep helps the body regulate many systems, including those that are linked to weight loss and gain.

10. Love your body. Lose weight for YOU, not for societal standards. That's important. Find the weight, size, shape, that YOU love.

Sorry if I've repeated things that were already said. Didn't read through the thread, just read the initial question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaius89

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have a doubt about calorie counter apps, I use MyFitnessPal and my daily calorie limit is set at 1500 calories, to lose weight should i eat at least 1500 or less than that?

somethingidk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like others have been saying, it is pretty much all diet. A few months ago I was probably 30lbs heavier. The only change I made was no alcohol. Granted I also eat decently, but by no means super healthy.

Reactions: Dutchstud

somethingidk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a doubt about calorie counter apps, I use MyFitnessPal and my daily calorie limit is set at 1500 calories, to lose weight should i eat at least 1500 or less than that?
Google healthy caloric intake for your weight. If you starve your body of calories you lose muscle as well as fat. Then when you do eat, your body (since it thinks it is starving) will store it as more fat.
You do not want to slow your metabolism down; you want to give your body what it needs, when it needs. No more, no less.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey everybody,

I'm currently a 225 lb 22 year old (6 ft tall) so I have a bit of a belly. Being a lifeguard I'm always exercising but I haven't been able to shake off the last bit

Does anybody have any advice for cardio or workout plans for a relative beginner? Not only do I want to get in shape before I move away for school but I want to see more of my dick to be honest (bone pressed is a lot bigger than non-bone pressed)

There is a lie carb diet that I went on last year to get my little stomach off. Nothing would work. I went to this weight loss specialtist. He put me on this low carb diet. No sugar, bread, milk or fruit. Exercise was not involved. Lost8-10 lbs weekly. Total loss 60 lbs 6 months. Great plan on maintenance now. I kept it off for 1 yr highly recommend!

Reactions: Shining

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is a lie carb diet that I went on last year to get my little stomach off. Nothing would work. I went to this weight loss specialtist. He put me on this low carb diet. No sugar, bread, milk or fruit. Exercise was not involved. Lost8-10 lbs weekly. Total loss 60 lbs 6 months. Great plan on maintenance now. I kept it off for 1 yr highly recommend!

Is a flour-free diet?

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
You are 22 and 6ft2 so even if you eat about 3k calories that was low in sugar you would lose weight.

Don't starve yourself by going less than 2k calories a day. It wont be enough for you and you will constantly be thinking about food and eventually get big urges to binge on high sugary food and put all the weight you lost back on.

If you make changes that are healthy and sustainable the weight will stay off in the long term. Don't be one of those people who spend thier life on crash diets and binging the weight on.

Visit www.calculator.net

For a 22 yo who is 6ft2 and moderately active would need 2900 calories to maintain weight.

Reactions: Galloper

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Swimming is the best cardio and major energy burner. This, in combination with a Mediterrean diet will do the trick. But I admit: I am a swimmer and since my toddler years in a swim club. The routine to swim endless lanes in a pool is not everyone's cup of tea.

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Milk and fruit have no carbs? We Dutchies are the longest dudes in the world and it is believed the dairy, which is important in a traditional Dutch eating pattern, is a major contributor to that. Milk (not the fattest variant but take the semi) is only good. The same with yoghurt, non-fat cheese, etc. In my Dutch ears a milk-free diet sounds like famine...

Reactions: dreamkendrafuckME

dreamkendrafuckME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i'm not a nutritionist, but then:

- know your body. what makes you pile on weight? do you put on no matter what you eat? if so, then get figure out how your body reacts to food.

- eat less rich carbs, few to no sugars, lean proteins, and fibre. no Coke (even diet/Coke Zero), no cakes, chocolate, etc. moderate full-fat milk intake.

- cardio with some weights, but again, this depends. some people can lose weight through cardio alone. others need light to heavy weights. the type of cardio depend too. some need running, or swimming, or yoga, or walking.

But once you know your body, then it all goes from there imho.

a guy i know puts on weight a lot, no matter what he eats. he knows this, and thus exercises everyday, cuts out what he eats, and then takes his time not to eat too much shit foods. and he does yoga and it works for him. but then everybody is different, so it should figure out.

dreamkendrafuckME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Milk and fruit have no carbs? We Dutchies are the longest dudes in the world and it is believed the dairy, which is important in a traditional Dutch eating pattern, is a major contributor to that. Milk (not the fattest variant but take the semi) is only good. The same with yoghurt, non-fat cheese, etc. In my Dutch ears a milk-free diet sounds like famine...
Milk has carbs, as do fruit. both have sugars and starches. fruit though has good carbs, milk has more of the bad ones.

scallylad85

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i'm not a nutritionist, but then:

a guy i know puts on weight a lot, no matter what he eats.... and then takes his time not to eat too much shit foods.

May he should cut out the shit foods, or its the ones he forgets he eats that puts the weight on.

Losing weight is hard, but its simple, burn more calories than you eat, doesnt really matter what. I have a mate that lives on fast food but is as skinny as a rake. Its probably the fact he plays football everyday....