Honest advice for weight loss?

dreamkendrafuckME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
May he should cut out the shit foods, or its the ones he forgets he eats that puts the weight on.

Losing weight is hard, but its simple, burn more calories than you eat, doesnt really matter what. I have a mate that lives on fast food but is as skinny as a rake. Its probably the fact he plays football everyday....
no, it's any food. what he eats turns to fat quickly, so he hardly eats any oily foods or sugary foods and doesn't eat big portions. some people just burn energy more quickly, it's how it is.

FinnCorgi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Best advice I can think of is enjoy life. And it isn't that simple as it sounds. Think about all the things you could do with light training and good eating. Enjoy the quality of food, not processed junk. Take aim at a marathon, a cancer walk or even a weekend hike with friends. I personally am training for next year's Trans Am bike race. It's an ultra endurance bike race across America and I am readying my body for 15-18 hours on the saddle. But that's me and my training is pretty light believe it or not. I spent 2.5 hours on the elliptical, burned 1500 calories. I watched 6 episodes of Naruto anime and just had my mind in another place while my body did a light workout. In the afternoon I used a stationary bike, just sit down and watch 6 episodes or a movie while maintaining 80-90 cadence. That's another 1500 calorie burn. I was a bit pudgy when I started, but wanted to bring my body weight down for cycling. Starting at 205lbs I dropped 25 lbs in a month and increased my food intake for my body to produce more output. You don't have to drop a pound a day and cutting your food intake has really bad consequences. Your body won't hold up and you will lose fat disproportionately in you race and other places, starving yourself. Your joints will weaken and such exercise won't allow you to recuperate from a the stress you are putting your body through. Take care of your body, but don't be afraid to challenge yourself.

Reactions: Shining

small.portions.often...fish.and.lean.meat.lots.of.green.veggies.fresh.fruit
NO.PASTA.OR.WHITE.RICE.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
You have to do a LOT of exercise to burn a Big Mac, French Fries and a MacShake... So it is indeed the change in food which is more effective than exercises.
ok but more effective isn't the same as "don't bother working out" which is the impression I got from reading the initial post

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
small.portions.often...fish.and.lean.meat.lots.of.green.veggies.fresh.fruit
NO.PASTA.OR.WHITE.RICE.

I am not sure about the pasta an white rice rule. Look around you in Italy, a pasta-loving land with farfalle, penne, fusilli, lasagne qnd all the assortiment. Italian boys and men generally take pride in their appearance, despite the delices made by La Mamma... The same counts for all these slim Japanese, Thai, etc. with their love for white rice. I think it is wise portioning and a food regime which does the trick: not the mega portions of pasta you get in the USA and not grazing all day but only eating for breakfast, lunch, the early evening intermezzo and the diner, which tends to be late, 21.00 o'clock in mediterrean countries. That late diner causes you don't snack in front of the telly: your stomach is full. The portitioning and the regime, that is the trick, not carbs treated as a plague.

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
Losing weight is not easy, but more and more the research is saying cut carbs. That means starches, sugars, and alcohol. But that doesn't mean high protein. And yes, eat fats. For me, the easiest diet is Don't Eat Anything White,. No milk, flour, rice, sugar, pasta, etc. Makes it easy and surprisingly close to a low carb diet. Excess protein is converted and can also make you fat.

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I mean to 2900 calories to maintain 180lbs a weight.
You mean 2900 kilo calories - same mistake below : less than 2k calories - even a cup of thee has more.
The unit is kcal (kilocalorie).
You are 22 and 6ft2 so even if you eat about 3k calories that was low in sugar you would lose weight.

Don't starve yourself by going less than 2k calories a day. It wont be enough for you and you will constantly be thinking about food and eventually get big urges to binge on high sugary food and put all the weight you lost back on.

If you make changes that are healthy and sustainable the weight will stay off in the long term. Don't be one of those people who spend thier life on crash diets and binging the weight on.

Visit www.calculator.net

For a 22 yo who is 6ft2 and moderately active would need 2900 calories to maintain weight.

Last edited:

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
You mean 2900 kilo calories - same mistake below : less than 2k calories - even a cup of thee has more.
The unit is kcal (kilocalorie).
Hmm. Does the average man not need 2.5k calories a day and a women need 2k calories a day? I have read this so many times. Never herd of kilocalorie till now.

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Losing weight is not easy, but more and more the research is saying cut carbs. That means starches, sugars, and alcohol. But that doesn't mean high protein. And yes, eat fats. For me, the easiest diet is Don't Eat Anything White,. No milk, flour, rice, sugar, pasta, etc. Makes it easy and surprisingly close to a low carb diet. Excess protein is converted and can also make you fat.

Ow, as a Dutchie: no dairy? Impossible ;-)

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hmm. Does the average man not need 2.5k calories a day and a women need 2k calories a day? I have read this so many times. Never herd of kilocalorie till now.
So 2 and an half million calories for a man - 2 million calories for a woman.
But the unit is kcal and 1kcal = 1000 calories.
So :
Within a healthy, balanced diet, a man needs around 10,500kJ (2,500kcal) a day to maintain his weight. For a woman, that figure is around 8,400kJ (2,000kcal) a day. These values can vary depending on age, metabolism and levels of physical activity, among other things.

Reactions: Dutchstud
D

deleted1027980

Start doing squats and deadlifts. It will help you burn fat. They work most of the muscles in your body.