Honor Flight

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Gisella, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Gisella

Gold Member

I just wachted ABC World News...and they show Honor Flight program to the WWII Veterans, the ones who are disadvantged to flight free to visit the Memorial in DC dedicated to honor them. Because of their ages they may not have many time to wait to see it...

You need to see them going in the trip and seeing the Memorial..very touching. Its sad that after all their sacrificies as soldiers for US the ones that still healthy enought to go and want to go have to ask to be funded by the public..because no coorporation or gov. until this moment cooperate with anything.

Sure I cry as I see them, sure many are fragile senior citzens but I do refuse to believe they need to receive 'donation' in a sense that is a favor, but it is true. For God sakes they fought for this country, they are soldiers! If you want to have a look at the Honor Flight program what is about and etc:

map

2. davidjh7

Gold Member

Gisella, you are absolutely correct about this---this country is one of the worst about supporting, honoring, and respecting our vets. And the present administration has been basically raping the benefits of the soldiers who fought, and were disabled, or died, and their familes are being raped. Rumsfeld was a great archetect for much of that--and now that he has stepped down, he will get a nice pension, lifelong medical benefits, endless high paiying consulting jobs and speaking engagements, etc. Many in this country are spitting on those who gave their all for this country, whether they believed in the purpose, they believed enough in the country, to sacrifice for it. I hope we someday learn to honor and respect such individuals, rather than using them, using them up, then throwing them away like yesterdays newspaper. It truly is a national shame.

3. Gain on 10

Gain on 10 New Member

America is a wonderful and beautiful country. But it lacks and has ugliness like all countries. It's a great country, but it's not heaven.

I always support paying for soldiers and caring for the veterans. It's our most important job as a society. They fought for us.

When you see a frail older person, remember that at age 18 that soldier was going through a hell we could never imagine and probably stronger than we will ever be. You owe that person nothing but utmost respect and sincere gratitude.

Draft saved Draft deleted