Hoods & Cars

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by gymfresh, Jun 20, 2009.

1. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Despite the thread name, this really is about your dick.

Along the lines of some of the more offbeat questions here recently about circumcision, I wanted to explore a casual (not causal) relationship I've noticed a lot over the years.

Most of my uncut American friends either drive stick-shift cars (or trucks) or at least know how to drive them and like them. On the other hand, almost every single one of my friends who disdains manual transmission is cut, and is equally adamant about the joys of hoodless dicks and clutchless driving.

In Europe and many other parts of the world, manual transmission is the norm. It generally gets better mileage, gives considerably more direct control in the hands of those who really know shifting, and you can't even get a driver's license if you can't pass your test in a stick. (UK now has a special limited automatic-only license, I hear, for those who promise to never, ever get pulled over driving a stick).

My friends abroad are equally disdainful of any attempts to streamline their transmission or their dick. Most claim to get more power and control from the basic version. And here's the kicker... my overseas friends who are keen on circumcision are also keen on not having to shift when they drive. They're the local minority on both. And as interest in circumcision has risen in Europe, particularly Germany & England, more cars with automatic transmission are being sold. Spain, France & Italy remain as little interested in circ as in automatic transmission cars.

The correlation holds true with US women as much as guys... I can almost always predict where one of my friends, especially an expectant mom or dad, stands on newborn circumcision by what they drive. I have yet to meet a female driving a stick-shift who wasn't at least very open to the idea of not having her kid cut, if not way ahead of me already on the issue.

I'm curious whether there may be some element of world-view going on here, such as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" or "original way is best" or "I'll go with the less-engineered, less-costly version even if I need to work it a little more." My guy friends are pretty succinct about it, with comments like, "Automatic transmission is for sissies and hell no, no one's chopping my kid".

Other odd stats: Bay Area has the lowest circ rate in the country and the highest percentage sales of stick-shift cars (despite SF's hills). Midwest cities have the highest circ rates and the lowest sales of manual transmission vehicles.

Has anyone else noticed this connection? Eventually I'll figure out how to create one of those cool surveys at the start of threads that Matt here is so good at. It may be interesting to see.

2. D_kbkjbh

D_kbkjbh New Member

uncut, US, manual trans, and against circumcision

3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Good lord. How hard must you have worked to come up with that correlation.

4. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Never noticed such a thing, but you are totally right when it comes to get that driver license! :biggrin:

5. LessThanBig

LessThanBig New Member

Just to break with your newly coined trend, I'm cut and drive a manual car and would never drive an automatic transmission. Interesting that you went to all that effort though.

6. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm cut and have 18 forward and 2 reverse gears to shift through, daily.

7. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

ok, all you auto historians, there was no such thing as an automatic transmission until what year car, the 1948 Olds?
    I think this "casual relationship" is very "casual" indeed and needs a lot more fact and a lot less anecdotal evidence. You may wish to consult the:
    History of Circumcision
    that clearly shows it is a matter of cultural, religious, as well as "Physician" ignorance for hundreds of years and any current day "observed coincidences" or correlations are just that, coincidences.

8. D_Jerry_Atric

D_Jerry_Atric Account Disabled

I'm intact, against genital mutilation of boys/girls, and I drive an automatic transmission. I've never driven manual and I don't plan on it.

9. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm perfectly happy with my circumcised status and drive nothing but standard shift vehicles.

Actually, the Sturtevant brothers put a two-speed automatic transmission in their 1904 horseless carriage. The Hydra-Matic transmission in your 1948 Olds was first introduced by GM in 1939, starting with the Olds and then offered in the Cadillac after World War II.

10. Torque8

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    cut, US, manual trans w/supercharger and aftermarket exhaust and other mods....plenty of rwhp and TORQUE

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Very interesting thread, but I'm cut and have always had a car with manual transmission, but maybe I skew your test group because I'm from Europe and Jewish.

12. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ah, yeah, the being from Europe part would definitely skew in favor of manual transmission, at least knowing better than most Americans how to drive one. It's always gratifying to meet a man who hears "clutch" and thinks "car" rather than "evening accessory".

For many of the respondents, I guess what I was trying to say was not that cut guys can't drive stick shifts. It had more to do with attitudes toward both... the correlation I was noticing was more along the lines of those who thought infant circumcision was a great idea were less likely to see advantages with a manual transmission, and those who thought a stick was a great way to drive were less likely to hold strong views supporting circumcision.

The one physical correlation I did see was the fact that more of my intact friends drive stick-shift cars and trucks than one sees in the general population here in the US.

As a car buff since early childhood, I know well about the development of automatic transmission and its first commercial availability just before WWII. GM came out with the Hydra-Matic (later, Turbo Hydra-Matic) and then Chrysler developed the popular TorqueFlite, which several other car manufacturers licensed. The popularity of these really took off just after WWII -- curiously mirroring the biggest ramp-up in the popularity of infant circumcision in the US. They both seem to have hit a peak of about 90% of new deliveries in the early 1960s.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, just wondering. I see the same thing with handedness (somwhat more intact guys are left-handed), though I do think there is a physical component to that, having to do with some issues of birth. I'll spell that one out in another post someday.

13. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Although my current car's an automatic, I prefer a manual. You get a much better response and feel more in control. Automatic is OK if you're sat in traffic for long periods of time, but for proper driving, give me a manual (ideally German) any day of the week.

14. long legs

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is a very interesting thread. When I had a foreskin I was driving cars with a stick shift. Soon after my circumcision I did purchase a new car with automatic shift and have been driving auto shift ever since.

15. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

yes true a little off topic here but, Detroit would have you to believe that the automatic overdrive transition is something new today as well, but actually it was out on the market long ago and Lincoln had it first. i think it was the 1941 Lincoln. was before my time but my classic ford car and truck hubby pointed this out to me a while back. not sure on the exact year but hubby could tell you I'm sure. so even tho the Chevy people would have you think sometimes its all GM... Chevrolet worked for ford before he was known to have a car named after him. so as always ford is first :biggrin1: just a little fun fact for you as everyone likes what they like and nothing wrong with it, be it ford Chevy or dodge what ever, they have to good in some of them other wise they couldn't have sold so many.:wink: the good days was the Studebaker hawk and their truck as well. my father law had both until a few yrs back the truck was over drive with a 2 speed standard trans. no pickup today has that and as far as i know the Studebaker truck was the only pickup that ever did. NOW back to the topic class dismissed LOL.

16. B_Morning_Glory

YES it is. my hubby use to drive both when he was uncircumcised. automatic as well as standard shift mainly he drove standard shift trucks and cars. but after he has been circumcised, now all he drives and will buy is a standard shift doesn't matter car or truck. we have a ltd crown vic. but he rarely drives it he always takes one or the other of his standard shift trucks. also a little more to this thread if i may his standards have gears that range fron 4, 5, and a 6 speed in the trucks. as his cock size is 8 inches x 7 inches around, so i wonder if there could be a relation to size as to the number of gears one has to shift in accordance with cock size etc. LOL. just another thought to add here. oh the fun fact filled world of lpsg:smile:

17. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm sorry I could not resist posting this! I think the car has a clutch! At least it should!

Attached Files:

18. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Hey - my name state my status - here's one for U - I drive a Ford Escape hybrid!

What does this do to the survey?

19. B_Morning_Glory

LOL yes the car did have a clutch NY, that having been said I'm sure it would be nice to grab hold of that thing and shift it into gear, :biggrin1::biggrin1:

nice pic. NY.

20. B_Morning_Glory

well they say hybrid seeds grow the best, LOL. so i wouldn't worry about it if i were you really uncut. after all its just a survey :wink::biggrin1: but you didn't tell us if it was a standard shift or automatic shift. how ever hope if its a standard shift that the stick is big enough to hold onto like NY photo clearly shows, as safety is of the up most :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted