Hostel Dorms?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by bendigoboi, Dec 4, 2009.

1. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    Hi,

I'll be doing some travelling soon in the States, and was wondering what the (un)dress standard is in backpacker dorms and bathrooms over there?
    :confused:

2. str821

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't even think there are many backpacker dorms here, but I can assure you that it is highly dependent upon guests' nationalities.

3. andrexx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I know of few hostels in the United States. I know a few large cities have them but the only ones I've been to have been out of country so no clue.

4. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There is a hostel right on the beach in Pacific Beach, San Diego. It's named BANANA BUNGALOW HOSTEL SAN DIEGO. It is located at 707 Reed Avenue, San Diego, CA 92109. The phone is 858-273-3060. I'm sure that you could find info on line for it. It seems like a fun place and attracts international guests. It gets totally booked in the summer, so plan ahead. Enjoy your travels!

Cheers from a San Diego Yank

5. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    Youth Hostels in the US are few and far between. The few there are quite reserved, not nearly the party that you find in Europe.

If you really want to backpack, why would you choose the US? There are way better places than here to backpack and hostel... try Europe.

6. josty

josty Member

Albums:
    The exchange rate is much nice for Australia -> America compared to Europe, and it's cheaper in general to travel here. That said there's plenty of great stuff to see here in the states (though I hope you're prepared for the cold : ). As for dress: I would expect most americans to at least keep their undies on in common changing areas, maybe a bit less discretion from non-Americans. Really depends where you are and who you are with to be honest.

Draft saved Draft deleted