hostels in nyc

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by wow_boy, Dec 18, 2011.

1. wow_boy

wow_boy New Member

hi there,
    I'm off to NYC in april '12 and was wondering if anyone knew of any hostels etc with open showers?? Also in San Fran, LA and Seattle??

2. bigguy4u

bigguy4u Active Member

Albums:
    I just got back from NYC and would suggest you look into rooms for rent on craigslist. I found a really nice room for 300/wk. Hostels run atleast 80/nt. However, if its the open showers you're looking for, just browse their websites or visit a gym.

3. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The West Side and Vanderbilt YMCAs in New York City don't have open shower areas per se (other than the gym areas), but the last few times I stayed at them the shower section of each dormitory floor's bathrooms was separated by a wall from the urinals and toilets, and guys were generally nude before entering each shower stall and while drying off. Some also preferred to shave in the nude at the basins opposite the shower stalls. It was pretty communal.

4. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

I've stayed at the Vanderbilt Y (and at the Providence RI Y) and can't remember what the shower situation was at either place! It was definitely open showers (one shower room and not even that big) at the Berkeley, Calif., Y, or at least when I stayed there.

Draft saved Draft deleted