Hosting a Thread

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you think the OP has an obligation to make the thread he/she created to be entertaining and keep it going by continually posting and responding to the comments made?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you think the OP has an obligation to make the thread he/she created to be entertaining and keep it going by continually posting and responding to the comments made?
Depending on the type of thread, yes. I often post celebrity obituaries or random news stories which I find interesting without including my opinion, because I am more interested in what others have to say. After all I know what I think.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
No, because some people read a lot of posts and can forget each one they were a part of. Also, someone might think of a very creative topic and not sign in often.

Some threads stay ridiculously long because someone takes it way too seriously....like the several year long Intro threads that are still going. Every other post is from the guy who created it.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Depending on the type of thread, yes. I often post celebrity obituaries or random news stories which I find interesting without including my opinion, because I am more interested in what others have to say. After all I know what I think.

Depends on the thread type.
I am going with what njqt466 and JasonDawgxxx have said. Some threads are presenting a topic for discussion, others are threads which require response. In the plethora of "Ask a..." threads the person has an obligation to respond.(and you will find, that I will do so in mine-Ask Ernest Hemingway Anything ) Any time in any area of this board, if someone asks a question they have a responsibility to at least respond a few times. Do they have to respond to every comment? It depends on what is said; in general though, I'd say no, they do not. After all, why respond to baiter comments or standard 'yes I agree' remarks? Takes up space uselessly.

If a person asks 'what is your opinion of...' or posts a link to a news item, then I see no reason for them to respond again, unless they so choose. It would be helpful though, if they gave their own view(s) at the start. Some make opening statements in the form of a question and then leave. Very annoying; but, it's their choice.