Hot guy on isle 3...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by luvmycock, Mar 16, 2011.

1. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ok so I know that there are many threads about this subject and I could just read them but this way I can get some personal feedback. So there is this guy that works at a store close to where I live. I am in the store a lot because: 1) it is a one stop shop. You can get pretty much anything you need. 2) instead of making a list of things I need, I just think off the top of my head and 9 times out of 10 I will forget something. Anyway there is this guy who works there and to me he is very very attractive. Tall (which is not uncommon because I'm shorter than most men, not super short but average height), nice chiseled face, nice size lips, great eyes and from what I can tell a good looking body. So he works in the area that I frequent a lot and I find us catching each others gaze. Now maybe he just notices that I come in this store all the time or maybe there is a little something more. There was one time I was looking at some stuff and he walked past and very slightly brushed my shoulder and then he lingered in the are I was in. Now again maybe he just brushed me by accident and maybe he was lingering because he was working. He does work there for crying out loud, LOL. I can't get a read on his sexuality, I mean I think he might be straight. If so then all of this is a moot point and I am reading way too much into it. But maybe he's bi or gay but that could be wishful thinking. It's just you never know nowadays. The other day I was gonna introduce myself and see where things went but while he was checking me out (at the register, not looking me up and down, if only :smile: ) he was talking with another employee and there was no way to cut in. Plus it would be too weird with his co-worker standing there and all.

So thats where I am. What should I do? Should I just come out with it? Lay my cards on the table and see what happens? Or do I keep my distance and see what transpires? Maybe he is intrigued my be, or maybe he is thinking I'm a crazy stalker person that is in the store all the time and looking at him.
    Does anyone else have a similar story? How did it turn out?

2. maxcok

Gold Member

I'm not very good at geography. Where is "Isle 3"?

3. GeorgeTSLC

GeorgeTSLC Member

From the description, not too far from Cloud 9!

Or more likely a typo or misspelling for Aisle 3, a nonce metonymy for "grocery store".

4. GeorgeTSLC

GeorgeTSLC Member

And as for the original question ... There's a third possibility: Getting to know him, same as you would if he were a girl (and therefore of no sexual interest to you), and seeing what that tells your gaydar.

5. Pokieman

Pokieman New Member

How about you grow a set and just ask?

6. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    thanks for the advice. and yes it was a typo, i was trying to type Aisle and forgot the A, lol

7. maxcok

Gold Member

^ Oh, okay, a "typo". :wink:

You, on the other hand, with your reference to nonce metonymy kind of turn me on.

8. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ^^^ LOL, anyone else got any ideas, or anyone been in this same place?

9. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

If you're there so often I'm surprised you haven't asked him where something is located or said hello or even just smiled and said ''yeah, me again, I forgot ___''. Striking up innocent chatter each time you visit might gauge his interest. At some point just ask him if he'd like to grab a beer after work. I met a guy at the gym that way once. We saw each other every time we were in the gym. One day his car was next to mine and I just asked him if he had time for a beer. He said yes and though it didn't turn into something sexual (ok, once) we remained friends for many years.

10. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    thanks

11. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    any other takers?

12. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    no one else?

13. g_whiz

g_whiz New Member

Albums:
    Well, if you see him often enough, just start by saying hello, and every time you see him have a brief conversation. Within a couple of weeks you'll know enough about him to decide whether or not to proceed further.

14. irox19

irox19 New Member

Albums:
    ask a stupid question...it works every time.

15. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Update: It had been a good long while since I had seen the "Hot Guy on Aisle 3" so I just figured he changed jobs and that was that. So fast forward to today, I go into the store because I need to pick up a few items, and low and behold who do I see...."Hot Guy on Aisle 3" only he is not working, he was shopping. So I notice him and he looked at me and I believe he recognized me was well. But that could just be wishful thinking. His looks have not changed, still hot, lol. So he goes on the contact solution aisle and lucky enough for me I also needed to pick up a new bottle of solution. So I go on the aisle but I'm on the phone and I hurry to get off. Once off the phone I draw a blank at what to say and we sit there for a few seconds and then he says excuse me and crosses in front of me and is off. I wanted to say something but everything seemed like it would come off a bit weird. For example I noticed he cut his hair, which looked good but if I were to say "Nice haircut," after not really ever speaking to him before he may think its a bit weird. Now the cut was a traditional style that other guys have so its not like it was something totally unique, and me saying nice haircut to a non unique style seemed awkward at the time. So now I am kicking myself for not saying something.......... :censored:

Draft saved Draft deleted