Hot Gyms in Midtown Manhattan?

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Forget the Equinoxes and the NYC Sports Clubs. Crowded, and full of self-hating people who punish themselves on treadmills, comforted onlyby their iPods.

I recommend the Vanderbilt Y on East 47th between 2nd and 3rd. It's huge--many more facilities than your average commercial gym, including two pools.

Further, there are lots of classes and activities where you can meet people. Some of these people are hot women, you'll be pleased to hear. Unpretentious ones, unlike those you'll find at many gyms in midtown.

I just moved from Midtown NYC--Grand Central was my local subway stop. What takes you to New York?

HB8

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NYSC are generally overcrowded and annoying, but they are super convenient. There is a club on nearly every corner of midtown and you can find good classes in some of them, if that's your deal. The club on W 41st is generally good for working out -- it's underused and cleaner than most.

I agree with HB about Equinox.

David Barton is a total scene. I would avoid it. Crunch is ok, though. I've worked out in a few and my hottest female friends go there....

Gold's on 54th Street is ok.

Hit me up if you need more.