hot mess

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by twoton, May 4, 2011.

1. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you had a on-again, off-again flirtatious relationship with a coworker and she liked to call you a "hot mess," how would you take it? What exactly does that mean?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Find someone new to flirt with; she is dissing you!

From the Urban Dictionary....

Hot Mess
    a derogatory term describing a situation, behavior, appearance, etc. that is disastrously bad. Think "faux pas" but times ten. Possible origin is literal (think, steaming dogpile).
    "She got up on stage and tried to sing Beyonce's "Dangerously In Love" but her performance was a hot mess."

#2 nudeyorker, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  3. RideRocket

Gold Member

Don't know about it in terms of being used for a guy, but to me, if a chick's a "hot mess", it means she's really good looking but has got emotional/mental issues.

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whoops. She thinks you are too unstable for relationship material. Fun only. She's distancing herself from you on the level of real emotion. I don't know whether this is agreeable to you or not. It might be.

5. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, seeing as we're both married, it's probably a good thing she's made the decision to distance herself. And I distance myself too, when things get too too.

As for finding someone else to flirt with.....I'll just go into flirtation celibacy.

I was hoping hot mess meant hot but disorganized.

6. ulube08

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hot mess can be used to describe anything about someone negatively but its usually not serious. if she said it sternly or slightly angrily then yea, she does have a problem with you. if she said it sort of dismissively (as in dismissing the situation) then she might have actually meant it, but it wouldnt have been something she was focusing on, most likely just indulging an amusing thought or situation.

... she could've meant unorganized...

Draft saved Draft deleted