Hot str8 friend...

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Bradboy, May 12, 2006.

1. Bradboy

Bradboy Member

Have you ever tried anything with your str8 friend?

2. mainer1

mainer1 New Member

Nope...never...why mess up a friendship? Plenty of very hot gay men to go around!:biggrin1:

3. danny8x7

danny8x7 New Member

speaking as a straight guy, believe me, if a friend is actually straight then he will be very very unreceptive to you coming on to him...if he isnt then he probly isnt completely straight

4. art

art
    Gold Member

Not unless he started it! And if he started it, how straight was he really?

Part of being a friend is accepting your friend as HE is, and not trying to change him so that he can be part of some fantasy.

I have many straight friends, and I take joy in their heterosexuality.

5. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I would n e v e r make a move on a straight guy. It's selfish and disrespectful. If one made a move on me, that's a different story.

6. Irvy

Irvy Member

Albums:
    It never ceases to amaze me how many gay guys make such a big deal that their friends "accept their sexuality" when they come out, then refuse to accept their str8 friends' sexuality by trying to get them to "cross over" for their benefit.

Be consistant!

7. mimosurfDutch

mimosurfDutch Member

Albums:
    Thats an excellent point - I've seen many of my gay or bi friends talk about how they just wish a straight guy would 'at least try it so you know.' I just tell them - hey, you should drop it. Seriously.

8. Irvy

Irvy Member

Albums:
    Precisely! And I'd wager that those same people would say that they "always knew" that they were gay/bi. You don't find out your orientation by having sex, you know it inside yourself.

9. ThaitAss

ThaitAss New Member

Well, actually I disagree with that. I think it's a combination of many factors, this discovering exactly of what your sexuality is composed. Part of it is in the actual doing, and part of it is in what makes your mind respond. I think more people have the capacity to be bi-sexual than would admit to anyone, including themselves. Being turned on by men AND women is much more likely than simply finding the other sex attractive and not one's own. Part of that is or ought to be being truly comfortable with oneself and finding one's own genitals attractive or interesting - therefore, there might be interest in seeing other guys (or girls).

But yeah, pushing the issue too much with someone who's not receptive is probably going to ruin the friendship.

10. pluggedradio

pluggedradio New Member

and straight guys don't do this with lesbians?

11. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

What's your point? Do two wrong make a right? :confused:

12. pluggedradio

pluggedradio New Member

i think they point he's trying to make is that the friend is perceived as or identifies himself as a straight individual.

i had a 'straight' friend who came over one night -- and we suddenly were having sex (seemingly out of nowhere). a year later he finally came out.

i also had a friend who went down on me at a party, then said 'well, at least i now know what that's like...,' and is now engaged to his girlfriend.

i had sex with a girl after i came out, and i now know i never want to do it again. not because of her, but because it reaffirmed for me that i'm not at all into that. but i was willing to give it a try.

i flirt with my straight guy friends (the ones who i know aren't put off by it), knowing perfectly well they're not going to 'switch over,' just as my straight girl friends flirt innocently with me.

while i don't think experimentation is necessesary to discovering one's sexual orientation, i don't think we should discourage it by by making hard and fast rules about how we choose to identify ourselves.

13. pluggedradio

pluggedradio New Member

not at all. just pointing out the hypocrisy of the statement.

14. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Im coming from the other side..Id like to try a little something with my cute gay friend , we're going away for a weekend and he's concered about sharing a room/bed with me

Guess all the sexual harrassement is starting to get to him :biggrin1:

15. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

You mean Irvy must take responsibility for what other men do? It's not hypocritical on Irvy's part.
    Anyway, not to belabour the point.
    You're saying if gay guys do what Irvy was speaking of, so, in reverse form, do many straight guys.
    And I guess you're right.:smile:

16. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I met my best friend when we were both in 9th grade. He would sleep over in my dorm room with me, we had similar hobbies, had a lot of classes together, etc. Looking back on it, I fell head over heels in love with him by the end of 9th grade. Through the rest of high school, we remained friends most of the time, the exception being when my feelings were so strong I couldnt deal with it...in which case I withdrew from hanging out with him...and eventually I missed him too much and befriended him again. We remained friends through college, I attended his wedding, and he named his first son after me.

At no time did I ever cross the line and make a move on him. Did I sneak a peek at his dick? Hell yeah...but I think I did it discreetly. Did I ever want to make a move on him? Hell yeah...but he was straight I that would have been wrong. Would I do anything today if he asked? Maybe...but he is married now and very faithful...and I respect that. Over many years, we have had some psuedo sexually charged times...like when he got an erection in running shorts, when he admitted he could empathize with my bisexual feelings, and when he agreed to take nude pics of me. Still, he never initiated anything, and we never crossed the line.

Everyone has different sexual perspectives, and sometimes I think the forbidden fruit fantasy runs rampant among gay guys, but if a person is truely a friend and you respect them, then I dont see why you would want to be disrespectful to them.

17. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, but three lefts do!

18. B_IanTheTall

B_IanTheTall New Member

I agree, it's like the people that retire to Florida and then try to get all of their friends to join them there. I wonder if they get toasters for their recruiting efforts too...

19. B_IanTheTall

B_IanTheTall New Member

Be no means was I implying that being gay, bi or lesbian was anything like having only three season (warm, hurricane, and FREAKING HOT), or living with bugs that hatch the size of your fist, or even pug eating crocodiles.

20. emu

emu New Member

makes perfect sense to me.

because even if you experiment to "discover" if you are one way or the other or whatever, you have to be interested enough to want to do it in the first place, that means you're not entirely straight, as most people are not entirely straight, gay or bi.

i think the ultimate point is people need to stop worrying about what others think of them and what the social stereotypes and stigmas bring, be honest with yourself and admit what really turns you on.

you would have a much better sex life if you accepted in yourself what your sexuality is and what you have discovered as to what gets you off, because then there is no fear or hangup repressing your sexual energy that should be expressed in full force regardless the gender of your partner.

E

Draft saved Draft deleted