HOT water shrinkage?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by bigdude, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bigdude

bigdude New Member

Is this normal?

I know that comfortably warm weather causes guys to really hang...including me. Cold weather- well that one's obvious. But the other night I jumped in my 103 degree hot tub and experienced some shrinkage...is this normal?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

You're darned right it's normal. Your package (especially the testicles) are very temperature-sensitive and will move toward or away from your body to maintain an even warmth. If you suddenly get a chill, up they go to maintain their warmth. If you suddenly dunk them into a 103° bath, up they go to keep from overheating.

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

My god thats too hot. No wonder you didnt burn yourself.

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

The worst I'd ever done is get in one that was at 120 degrees.... I was hamard out of my mind, and I had huge rashes on my skin the next day... they stopped running it after that.. the motor wasn broke, and was just making it to hot.

5. patrick9999

patrick9999 Member

Albums:
    Holy Shit, Kink, I could've cooked a lobster in that tub. Actually, a whole bunch of lobsters.

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I don't think that our skin burns really badly at boiling point though... but... I was drunk so I don't remember feeling anything but numb.

And keep the lobster away from me... I'm allergic

7. snoozan

Gold Member

Actually our skin cooks at boiling point, just like the flesh of any other animal. Lobster, beef, human, it's all the same stuff.

This is a list of temperatures (fahrenheit) and duration of time it takes to cause third degree burns. The moral of the story is: be careful in hot tubs, and set the thermostat on your hot water heater at a temperature low enough to not cause burns. You can really get hurt and burns are no fun.

155 degrees 1 second
    148 degrees 2 seconds
    140 degrees 5 seconds
    133 degrees 15 seconds
    127 degrees 1 minute
    124 degrees 3 minute
    120 degrees 5 minutes
    100 degrees safe

ok, end rant.

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Maybe the thermometer was broken... because I was in there for 45 minutes with 6 other people, I had a 26er of sour puss in me, and finished another 1/3 of a 26er of peach schnapps while in the hot tub... I would have been dead by your time ratio. Thanks for the intresting information.

9. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

That is actually very useful!
    thanks!!!
    I dont like HOT water,
    I prefer warm, 80-95'
    even when showering!

10. roosevelt

roosevelt New Member

I think those temps are for first degree burns (like a sun burn) not third degree burns (looks like cooked meat) but otherwise, the numbers look right to me.

Burns are no fun!

11. snoozan

Gold Member

I forget where I got it from, some government resource, but it said third degree. You very well could be correct, though. First degree would make more sense than third degree, so if I were a betting woman, I'd bet that you were right about that.

As far as the OP goes, I imagine those babies are rushing inside to the relative coolness of your body (98.6 degrees or so) like Pecker said. I wouldn't worry about it if you are otherwise comfortable in that temperature in the hot tub.

Draft saved Draft deleted