"Hot Weather Muggies"

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I believe there was a thread on this topic in a "former round" of the LPSG but I can't remember for the life of me any solutions or suggestions (if any) to this one...

As the weather gets warmer, there's a recurring problem for many of us guys (especially for those of us who are larger)....how to stay cool and comfortable "down there" during summer months.

What doesn't "stick" to our thighs in that vicinity is instead usually all wet and drippy in the heat and humidity...just outright miserable...especially when trying to wear business clothes (dress slacks) and the problem is compounded for many guys who might be "free-balling" in an effort to try to stay cooler. I tend to stay with full-cut boxers myself and you know I am sometimes FAR from being comfortable.

Gold Bond (brand-name) powder is a great product (very popular with men), but the tell-tale white powdery residue is murder when wearing dark slacks. Kinda obvious when leaving a urinal and the edges of the "fly" zipper area is all covered with white powdery residue not to mention falling white dust on the shoes below...Get the picture? -Not too tidy and yet then even MORE to worry about! It's NOT always possible (to REMEMBER!) to tend to making sure the dust residue is "accounted for" before re-entering public view...'kind of a challenge isn't it?

Any suggestions how to beat the hot weather muggies?
Maybe this will help a number of us.

H8Monga: I hate the heat and humidity of summer, but goodness, I had no idea that was an issue! Well as bad as you make it. I just stay in the AC. I hate feeling sweaty. For me, powder wouldn't work, I've tried it. I don't know, good luck to you.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Yeah - the powder works best if it has cornstarch in it. But the white residue on the fly is a nuisance. I'm a free-baller so it's even more annoying.

Too bad they don't make a 'male personal anti-perspirant' just for that area of the body. :D

Pecker

croixbull: Yeah,
I haven't found a way around powder either. Wearing boxer briefs instead of briefs has helped some. Does cornstarch work better than talc? I get pretty sticky even in the winter and talc powder seems to lose it midday? Use baby powder but can't stand the smell. Can't find unscented.
thx
CB

H8Monga: Pecker, that is a great idea! Who wants to get rich with me? ;D

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=bilbobagginsx link=board=clothing;num=1048918171;start=0#2 date=03/29/03 at 05:25:32]
Too bad they don't make a 'male personal anti-perspirant' just for that area of the body.  [/quote]

Thirty years ago in the UK you could buy exactly that. I was a good customer, but clearly there can't have been enough others, because it was taken off the market pretty soon.

Not a 'big' enough customer base I suppose, so I don't think anyone will make their fortune.

I have no complete answer to the problem, although I have used powder a lot. For me the necessity whatever the weather is to support things enough so that I don't get so much friction with my thighs.

Late_Bloomer: I find 100% cotton boxer-briefs work pretty well for the most part. You can apply powder underneath them if need be and not worry about it being unsightly also.

dotadone: for male deoderant, try the natural crystal deoderants the are safe, oderless and stop wetness pretty good.

rainfletcher: I've actually had this problem year round, as I use a laptop 10 hours a day. A good portion of that time, it's on my lap where it heats up my balls to the boiling point. I've never foun ANYTHING other than Gold Bond Powder. It's a nuisance and it makes a mess, but I've never heard of any alternatives....

If you don't take care of it, you get that really bad itch thing going and just about anything is better than that.

spd: [quote author=bilbobagginsx .

Too bad they don't make a 'male personal anti-perspirant' just for that area of the body.  :D

Pecker

[/quote]

Call it " Umpire" for foul balls. :D :D

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone see Saturday Night Live, and the paradoy ad for the "Ball Sweat Pads?"

Seriously, there are special deodorants/antiperspirants for this area. Tinactin ( http://www.tinactin.com/relief/products.html ) has one such product, which while called "foot deodorant powder" has instructions which say "For use in the groin area."

drrionelli: It's a problem for me as I have a set of VERY low hangers! L-O-N-G cremaster musculature makes for some serious bouncing in the hot weather! :eek:

B_JohnTheHorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I am freeballing the 'muggies' can be a bit of a challange. hanging pretty long and heavy in warm weather makes both my cock and balls sweaty and damp. i don't do powders or anything like that, don't know why i don't but i don't. i just accept that being sticky down there comes with the territory on hot days. since i shower very regularly (twice a day sometimes) all it really is is sweat and maybe a few masculine secretions ;). The other situation is a nice pair of briefs on those days i don't feeball.

hard2hide: Here is a trick I have learned over the years.

When I used to wear boxers on a hot sticky day and my balls and cock would sweat and stick to my thigh, I would just pull them through the fly opening and let them hang outside the boxers. The cotton boxers would absorb the sweat and separate the genitals from the leg. Thus, there would be no sticking.

This also helped when taking a piss, because there would be no fumbling for the fly opening - my cock was right there.

tsctsc: No one has mentioned Johnson's baby powder. It works for me. They make Unscented. You should be able to find it at your grocery store. Try putting it on your thighs next to your balls as well. It definitely helps stop chaffing.

AnonyMs: sammygirly... head up! New marketing idea... unscented groin powder in basic colors of grey, black, brown, navy, khaki...

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=tsctsc link=board=clothing;num=1048918171;start=0#15 date=07/08/03 at 11:59:34]No one has mentioned Johnson's baby powder. [/quote]

Baby powder tends to cake up into gooey little balls. These fall out of my trouser's legs and it looks like I leave a trail of bird droppings everywhere I walk. :mad: I'll stick with Gold Bond®; it absorbs moisture much more effectively than baby powder.

Dag: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=clothing;num=1048918171;start=0#14 date=07/08/03 at 11:28:57]Have to admit:  I don't think I mind the dampness so much as the smell when I haul it out to take a piss or something.  It's, strong, to say the least; not like a rank body odor or anything, but definitely pretty potent.  [/quote]

Dee, i feel that same way. the dampness is deal-able (hmmm... new word?) but the smell of my man-bits can make one faint!

I dated a guy who had the same problem, but he was uncut and the combination of a sweaty foreskin (with shmeg), cock & balls  was... not pretty. Pee - U Sir!

:-[  - dag

i love to make typo's and fix them and make more typo's so i can fix them too

throb919: So the old line needs to be updated, huh?

"It ain't the meat it's the humidity."