House and Senate Fire them all.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok whose for firing every member of Congress and elect new ones that hmm...that actually will help the people and after 1 (ONE) term they're OUT.
They spend every moment from the time there elected to get re-elected.
That sounds like a good idea sure save on medical and retirement we wouldn't have to pay for them.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think they should be able to have two terms- just like the pres...

Except- they can have a third term- but are not allowed to campaign at all- they get a third term if the majority of their constituents WRITE their name in...

Also- I would make it a law that NO campaign ad or support ad can mention the opposition at all.

They can talk about their OWN record- their OWN ideas...
but that is all.

But I would be ALL for an entirely new Congress.

One of my Favorite things about Obama is that he is the LEAST connected to the entrenched Washington elite.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, I can't disagree with you here. Stop posting anti-Obama republican propoganda and you'll make a cool LPSGer.

Well, I can't disagree with you here. Stop posting anti-MaCain Democratic propoganda and you'll make a cool LPSGer also.

D

deleted213967

That sounds like a good idea sure save on medical and retirement we wouldn't have to pay for them.

:biggrin1: We could buy a full spare US congress with the golden parachute of 1 (one) single failed CEO.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think they should be able to have two terms- just like the pres...

Except- they can have a third term- but are not allowed to campaign at all- they get a third term if the majority of their constituents WRITE their name in...

Also- I would make it a law that NO campaign ad or support ad can mention the opposition at all.

They can talk about their OWN record- their OWN ideas...
but that is all.

But I would be ALL for an entirely new Congress.

One of my Favorite things about Obama is that he is the LEAST connected to the entrenched Washington elite.
I think Sara Palin is the least connected wouldn't you agree?

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
:biggrin1: We could buy a full spare US congress with the golden parachute of 1 (one) single failed CEO.

Golden parachutes are there for a reason. who would walk in to clean up thge shit when they can make a hell of alot more somewhere else. Case in point in know a guy who took over the presidency of a public utilities company that had to come up with 40 mil in one week or the who place wuold shut down and thousands lost their jobs. Believe me 9 to fivers, upper management is for a select breed. You only hear about the bad things. There are plenty plebeians who owe their livelyhood to thir rare breed. When you punch the clock and steal and bitch and moan "this is what i've done for my whole life" you have no one to blame but yourself.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Naw, she's connected. She's connected to other homophobes, other pork-barrel spenders, a good hair-stylist, other people who claim to be pro-life but kill animals for the hell of it, and a pastor who thinks Hurricane Katrina was New Orleans punishment for hosting a gay pride parade. Did I miss anything?

the phrase is " ev'ry one wan go heavan. nobody wan dead. Marley should know that one.

In reference to this election (and the US in general) I'm gonna re-record "natural mystic" and transpose the title with "awful fuckin' stench."

Last edited:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok whose for firing every member of Congress and elect new ones that hmm...that actually will help the people and after 1 (ONE) term they're OUT.

Nah. Blanket "solutions" like that deny the public the opportunity to evaluate each individual representative on their own merits. "They" don't all spend every moment getting re-elected, but the remedy you propose would punish them all.

Do you think Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR) is spending every moment trying to get re-elected? How about Rep. Spencer Bacchus (R-AL) or Corrine Brown (D-FL)?

Furthermore, your remedy would punish the entire country, because every two years, the House of Representatives would start over with 435 completely untrained, novice members. Do you really think that 435 Sarah Palins, Al Sharptons, and Ross Perots could do a better job than the folks that we've got now?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am represented by Virgina Fox R-NC in the House and Elizabeth Dole R-NC and Richard Burr R-NC in the Senate and I wish that they would quit yesterday.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Well- yeah, but she is also the least connected to reality...
the least connected to the United States as a concept, and the least intelligent...

I do have standard's... a candidate must at least be able to think on their feet and field difficult questions

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
William Buckley once said that he'd rather be governed by the first 2000 names out of the Boston phone book than the faculty at Harvard. I suppose a similar premise could apply here?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Was just thinking the same today (although a single term limit may be a bit extreme). The spectacle of the last few days has made me wonder if any of them are actually capable of fulfilling the position to which they've been elected.