House Passes Anti-Abortion Bill That Redefines Rape, Raises Taxes, Creates Rape Audit

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
ThinkProgress

The sexism and lack of humanity herein is astounding. Do they plan on applying these updated terms to men that get raped? While there are no abortion issues for the men, it does make one wonder if they are going to apply this "rape lite" language to men as well. Send a few of those 251 to jail, let them get raped and then we'll audit their rape because clearly IF THEY DIDN'T FIGHT THEM OFF IT MUST HAVE BEEN CONSENSUAL.

:soapbox:

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anti abortion.....

I don't like abortions. They are cases where it is warranted. Ultimately, it is a personal decision. I don't get why repubs have to push for anti-abortion laws.

As for rape - disgusting act. Makes me sick.

But how many women have cried rape when it wasn't. Too many.

treemagnet88

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The House sure is a rowdy bunch. They're stupid representatives for a stupid country.
Seriously: it's the woman's choice. The question here is whether or not they get to have an abortion done in a safe environment by a licensed professional, or by a crackwhore with a pair of rusty tongs... Common sense.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Anti abortion.....

I don't like abortions. Nobody does, including those having them.

They are cases where it is warranted. Ultimately, it is a personal decision. This is true. The circumstances around each decision are as varied as those making them. No two women have the same exact circumstances and a lot of variables come into play when making such a monumental decision.

I don't get why repubs have to push for anti-abortion laws.
Some democrats voted for this as well. While the majority of the vote came from the right (unanimous) not every Democrat is as liberal as one might think.

As for rape - disgusting act. Makes me sick.

But how many women have cried rape when it wasn't. Too many.I take issue with this statement. There are liars of all types and you can't discredit a person based on those who came before them. This also has nothing to do with this issue. It's an attack on women and women's rights, as no mention is made of the responsibilities of the other half of the equation - the men.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand you would take issue.

It is a really tough area. As a guy - your whole life could be ruined by a false claim.

As a girl your whole life could be ruined by people not believing you and the act committed on you.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I understand you would take issue.

It is a really tough area. As a guy - your whole life could be ruined by a false claim.

As a girl your whole life could be ruined by people not believing you and the act committed on you.

It's true. It's a serious accusation that affects everyone. The sad truth is that almost every woman I know has been sexually assaulted in some way. This includes my mother, 3 sisters, myself, my best friends...come to think of it, I have male friends that are sexual assault victims as well. Mind you, these assaults vary from sexual assault outside the clothing to brutal rape at knife point and everything in between. It's frustrating for all victims. Men are afraid of coming forward because culture tells them they are less of a man if they do. Women are afraid of coming forward for tons of reasons, like possible job loss, protection of their children, risk of being labeled, risk of losing the support of friends and family...it goes on and on. Rapists get away with a lot of shit because of it and the aforementioned bill will only give these assholes more leeway to commit their crimes. Furthermore, when people lie about rape everyone loses. Thank goodness for rape kits because if my friend hadn't got one she might have never gotten justice.

B_Jingoist

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please read the actual law. It does not redefine rape all it does is prevent Federal funds from funding abortions.

This forcible rape stuff was in some senators notes, not in the actual text of the law.

And please, stop using such ridiculous sources. It is almost as bad as when people quote the bible.

And for you bitching about women's rights, abortion is not a right, it certainly isn't a woman's right. And lastly you don't have the right to get it paid for by the Federal government.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It must be depressing that you are going be a father and your girl friend gose out and has a Abortion.

It also must be depressing to know that your only response to denying a woman's right to choose is a short-sighted line of socially distorted puffery, shrouded in your own self interests, paranoias & unnecessarily heightened sense of pride.

In most healthy & responsible relationships, women who discover they are pregnant don't blindly decide to get an abortion without consulting the man that could be the father. So if you're actually in a committed relationship where both people value each other and actually talk about important matters that affect them, this is something you would never have to worry about. There's absolutely no reason why any man should be trying to prevent a woman from doing what they need to with their bodies, never mind propose legislation that puts them at risk in order to do so.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Please read the actual law. It does not redefine rape all it does is prevent Federal funds from funding abortions.

This forcible rape stuff was in some senators notes, not in the actual text of the law.

And please, stop using such ridiculous sources. It is almost as bad as when people quote the bible.

And for you bitching about women's rights, abortion is not a right, it certainly isn't a woman's right. And lastly you don't have the right to get it paid for by the Federal government.

May you never have children.

B_Jingoist

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yes really, reading comprehension and basic legal doctrine seems to fail you.

You have the right to choose to have an abortion, not to actually have an abortion.

If a woman had the right to an abortion that would mean a doctor would be legally obligated to perform abortions. Which we all know would be unconstitutional.

So if tomorrow, all doctors refused to perform abortions, it would be impossible for a woman to have an abortion.

B_Jingoist

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
May you never have children.

And this means what?

Because I actually went and read the text of this law?

Because I actually thought, you know what, that sounds like some crap, and did my own research?

Excuse me for not believing what some crappy leftist rag wants you to think.

bigirishman

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Abortion is illegal in ireland. Not because of religion of because we are backward but because we recognise the rights of an unborn child, and that childs life is protected under law. There are certin circumstances where abortion is allowed like if a woman's life is in danger ie. she needs cancer treatment, the birth may prove dangerious, or she could self harm due to the continued pregnancy. An unborn child is a genetically unique human being in its own right. No matter how it was consieved. I know this is a bit off the point but in thinking about womens rights. Should it be a womans right to murder. Or have this often painfull and brutal form of murder carried out on their behalf.
I dont think so
So why should your country pay for it!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes really, reading comprehension and basic legal doctrine seems to fail you. You have the right to choose to have an abortion, not to actually have an abortion. If a woman had the right to an abortion that would mean a doctor would be legally obligated to perform abortions. Which we all know would be unconstitutional.

You're trying too hard to have a point. Therefore, how about I spell it out for you here - the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision protects a woman's right to privacy under the due process clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution AND it extends to a woman's decision to have an abortion.
End of story. - Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please don't tell me you were actually looking for the word "abortion" in the Constitution? :rolleyes:

So if tomorrow, all doctors refused to perform abortions, it would be impossible for a woman to have an abortion.

Considering such a logically facetious scenario could even be possible in the United States, if all doctors refused to grant abortions when a woman requested one that would also be unconstitutional to women based on current law as it stands. No sense of you trying to use the constitution to protect your own beliefs while creating an argument that would also be unconstitutional in itself. I'd advise you to not use words you don't understand, such as reading comprehension and basic legal doctrine, since clearly you've grasp the yin without once considering the yang.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
And this means what?

Because I actually went and read the text of this law?

Because I actually thought, you know what, that sounds like some crap, and did my own research?

Excuse me for not believing what some crappy leftist rag wants you to think.

It's not about the actual refusal of government assistance to pay for abortions, it's about where our lawmakers are collectively. When they engage in discussion about redefining rape it hurts all of us. It creates loopholes for that afford rapists more protection and victims less. It's already hard enough to prove rape, do we really need to make it even more difficult? Also, we have too many other issues that need attention, this should be low on the priority list. We need to take care of the Gulf, get our troops home, protect our kids from bullies and pedophiles that walk free after pathetically short sentences....there is just so much more going on that needs attention, I just don't believe that this should be on the agenda at all. Don't want to pay for abortions? Fine, but don't further disenfranchise women without resources, which is what this type of legislation does.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
It also must be depressing to know that your only response to denying a woman's right to choose is a short-sighted line of socially distorted puffery, shrouded in your own self interests, paranoias & unnecessarily heightened sense of pride.

In most healthy & responsible relationships, women who discover they are pregnant don't blindly decide to get an abortion without consulting the man that could be the father. So if you're actually in a committed relationship where both people value each other and actually talk about important matters that affect them, this is something you would never have to worry about. There's absolutely no reason why any man should be trying to prevent a woman from doing what they need to with their bodies, never mind propose legislation that puts them at risk in order to do so.

Thank you for saying this. This is precisely why I believe these decisions should be made privately and with the guidance of a physician if necessary. My only pregnancy was unplanned. I knew that my boyfriend (husband now) wanted children but I didn't just assume that he would want them immediately. Thankfully we were on the same page so we had no issues. Unfortunately, not every woman is that lucky. I had a supportive partner, health insurance and my independence...not every woman has this type of support system.