House plants/gardening

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Flower power: Covid restrictions fuel boom in plant and bulb sales

Sales of medicinal plants such as echinacea have risen by almost 3,000% at some outlets

Sarah Marsh

@sloumarsh
Sat 31 Oct 2020 10.00 GMT

A gardener tends to echinacea blooms. Experts say sales have been driven by people wanting to connect with nature. Photograph: Erik S Lesser/EPA

quite odd how thats come about,nice nonetheless huh
that NZ plant @ 8000-00 several months ago

Flower power: Covid restrictions fuel boom in plant and bulb sales

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

A-1

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Mzseduction

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Freedom, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow! Pretty cool looking plant. Where in the world are you, the tropics? How much light does the plant need?
DF8D71EB-34EE-4B23-BA71-C84771FEF06D.jpeg

Mine is in a eastern facing window... where I I had it before it wasn’t getting enough light and it was indeed getting leggy ....as soon as I moved it .. it started getting huge big leaves ...

A-1

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
View attachment 24325641
Mine is in a eastern facing window... where I I had it before it wasn’t getting enough light and it was indeed getting leggy ....as soon as I moved it .. it started getting huge big leaves ...
Ok, thanks. I'll get one and give it a try. I have a western facing window up here in New England USA. Good condition right now with lots of sunlight after noon and warm heat in the house. Thanks again.

Mzseduction

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Freedom, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh, nice... looks like you have other tropical plants in your home.
Yes... that room gets lots of light so I have quite a few in there ...;)
And yes .. you should definitely get one they are so easy to root from cuttings .. so you can have quite a few!

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Be ready for it to take over that whole area as they get quite big. I once saw one in a greenhouse that was 6 or 7 feet tall and as wide with fruit growing from it. Your plant looks like it likes it's new location. If it gets too big for your inside garden it most likely would grow well outside in your area.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Orchid family?

Indeed, it's a Phaleanopsis species. I've been looking for them basically ever since beginning my orchid hobby.. started out with the typical hybrid phals you always find in grocery stores and typical flower shops. As I learned about all the different types I realized I really wanted to keep track of the lineages of my orchids so I started buying from a reputable orchid nursery in California.

So far I have 3 different Laelia types, a Monnierara Millennium Magic "Witchcraft" (which is a catesetum type orchid), a variegated Vanilla Planifolia vine, a Sharry Baby oncidium, and the Phal. Sumatrana will be the 4th Phaleanopsis species in my collection.

Before that I already had 11 of the typical hybrid phals from home depot and places like that. Very happy with how it's been going, I haven't lost an orchid in about 3 years if I'm remembering/estimating time accurately. :blush: