Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
If only I could find a Vanda in a garden shop near me...

They're available online, but then I'd have to pay for shipping and I just hate to put a living plant through the mail like that. But oh my goodness I want one (or, like, a bunch of them) so very badly.

alcor972

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've got an orchid growing freely on my orange tree...
the roots hook on the tree trunk and branches and the orchid give light colors flowers mixed with darker red hues...
I admit it's not the plant I watch the most though... lol... because it takes me too visual efforts to my eyes to differentiate the orchid within the whole tree frame...

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've got an orchid growing freely on my orange tree...
the roots hook on the tree trunk and branches and the orchid give light colors flowers mixed with darker red hues...
I admit it's not the plant I watch the most though... lol... because it takes me too visual efforts to my eyes to differentiate the orchid within the whole tree frame...

I'd love to live in a climate I could grow orchids outdoors. I have to say though, I do love cacti and succulents too (I see you MickeyLee:p) and those do pretty well outside here. Gorgeous blooms are Everywhere right now, bright yellows, pinks, deep reds.. So so pretty.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I got myself a Beast of a jade plant yesterday! Only $4.49, couldn't not get it. It's only about 6" tall so far but the leaves (if you can really call them that, they're so juicy and thick!) are so frippin' huge I couldn't believe it. Never seen one that young so fat-n-happy.

Also, all but 1 of my now 18 orchids has dropped their flowers, and are now working on growing new foliage and aerial roots! Some time next February they should all have new flower spikes and for the first time I'll have all of them in bloom at the same time. I can't effin' wait to see it.

Reactions: 950483 and alcor972

22D ROCK

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a pretty big snake plant in my pool room that is in a good size pot. I understand it doesn't take much care. I gave it 6 cups of water since it had been awhile since the last time I watered it. I probably should have stopped with 4 or 5 cups because it leaked out all over the floor...dammit! I am not the greatest when it comes to plants.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I have a pretty big snake plant in my pool room that is in a good size pot. I understand it doesn't take much care. I gave it 6 cups of water since it had been awhile since the last time I watered it. I probably should have stopped with 4 or 5 cups because it leaked out all over the floor...dammit! I am not the greatest when it comes to plants.

Yeah, snake plants are easy peasy. I have a couple, I like 'em :)

I did the same thing when I watered my coffee plant a few days ago.... was all deep in thought about how much I'm looking forward to its first blooms, and how bad-ass it'll be to have fresh coffee cherries. Just kept pouring for days until the water scared the shit out of me dripping on my feet.

Reactions: alcor972
Media
I don't have more than one plant indoors, but I am sure enjoying watching all the perennials I planted last year come back. It looks like I am going to have blooms like crazy this week. Best of all, my young southern gentlemen hollies have made my female winterberry hollies very berry happy.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I got a present yesterday. He came back from a long day at work, and apparently there were a few peace lilies being given away after the event he worked.

He brought me a HUGE one!! It's the 2nd one he's surprised me with in the past 6 months or so. I love the soapy, clean-linen like scent of the white flowers.

Kinda makes me wanna watch Hot Fuzz too.

I quite like fritillary tulips

generally I prefer tulips to just be red though.

I'm thinking about growing saffron crocuses if I can come up with a plan to keep the dog wee off of them. I'd also like a wildflower meadow next summer because I just can't be bothered to cut the grass.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
*bump*

(I'm going for the title of LPSG member who bumps their own threads the most, but at least I do it with relevant shit lol)

So, I don't think it got cold enough here for my orchids to rebloom. It gets cold at night, but it warms back up too much during the day or something. While they're doing well, I still see no new flower spikes :( but... Ah!!! I have my first Keiki!! (I have 2 hybrid species that rebloom if you don't cut the flower spikes, and one of the stems has a lil baby!)

I've also accumulated several more Jade plants, one is a monster. Gonna have to take some cuttings real soon, it's getting too heavy to hold itself up.

Also got a gigantic peace lily. Totally makes me wanna watch Hot Fuzz every time I look at it. I love the clean smell if the flowers though.. almost like clean linen.

Cacti are all thriving. Even though they're all over the place out here, I must have a few inside year round. They just make me feel at home. I can't wait for the blooms, with those guys it's a guarantee. Come may, I'll have a nice little rainbow of reds, pinks, and yellow.

I give up on mini-roses :triumph::sob: :broken_heart:

Reactions: ronin001

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@Tight_N_Juicy What is your trick to keeping succulents going? I like to think I have a green thumb but I just have terrible luck with succulents :( My sister gave me a gorgeous mixed pot and I've had to pull all but a few of them.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@kcrown1967 ... It's easy for me because the soil/dirt where I live is perfect for succulents/cacti. I just dig up a lil Earth from my yard and use that instead of the stuff you get at the store. I have to use that for all my other plants (except the orchids) but for the succulents they just thrive in it. I've noticed even the mix designed for succulents/cacti in a bag doesn't work as well. What's your area like? If your in a desert area similar to mine, grab a shovel! :p

I also have a whole lotta natural light in my house. Like, so much. They're set up in the sunniest spot.

I only water when the dirt dries completely. And, they just... Grow!

@chicagosam.. stay warm friend! I have never been anywhere that gets nearly as cold as where you're at.. it hasn't even hinted at snowing here.

Reactions: kcrown1967

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you. I'm probably not letting them dry out enough before I water them, I'll try that and see if it helps :)

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Thank you. I'm probably not letting them dry out enough before I water them, I'll try that and see if it helps :)

Yeah, they don't like to be water logged.. they like a to let their roots breath more than they need the water. That's why they so squishy, they have reserves ;)

Let me know how it works.:blush:

Reactions: kcrown1967

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So, I had to order new pots for my orchids, and I could Not, could simply NOT help myself.

I ordered an oncidium Sherry Baby orchid. They smell like chocolate. I'm so friggin excited I may pop.

I've never been able to find anything other than phalaenopsis orchids here in my area. I had the money, and ya know... Life is too fuckin short. It was the last mature one they had in stock, so I said it's Mine!!

I can't wait to get it. :heart_eyes::party: