How about ...

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Dec 8 2004, 08:43 AM
Congrats! ;) Tis better to get an A expecting a B than to get an F expecting an A.
[post=266563]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed! Thank you jon :)

LuckyLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Congrats!

Speaking of which, I actually met the coolest professor in a 2nd year undergrad Poli-Sci course (a class of about 150 students - big lecture hall) - I got my term paper back with a big "A" and about 10 or 12 "+" signs scribbled after - and then "come see me!". It was the beginning of one of the best friendships of my life. (That paper was submitted to a undergrad writing contest, and won an 'honourable mention' 3rd place - it was about Plato & Northrop Fry - a noted Shakespearian scholar).

That definitely got me into the 'upper halls of academia' - all the right intro's with the Deans and Chairs... ( que Maryanne Faithful: ... there's room at the top, they're telling you still, but first you have to learn to smile while you kill...) but I couldn't bring myself to play the big game and go for a 'professorship' and tenure. Hoop jumping has never been my strong suit! ;)

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by LuckyLuke@Dec 9 2004, 02:34 AM
Congrats!

Speaking of which, I actually met the coolest professor in a 2nd year undergrad Poli-Sci course (a class of about 150 students - big lecture hall) - I got my term paper back with a big "A" and about 10 or 12 "+" signs scribbled after - and then "come see me!". It was the beginning of one of the best friendships of my life. (That paper was submitted to a undergrad writing contest, and won an 'honourable mention' 3rd place - it was about Plato & Northrop Fry - a noted Shakespearian scholar).

That definitely got me into the 'upper halls of academia' - all the right intro's with the Deans and Chairs... ( que Maryanne Faithful: ... there's room at the top, they're telling you still, but first you have to learn to smile while you kill...) but I couldn't bring myself to play the big game and go for a 'professorship' and tenure. Hoop jumping has never been my strong suit! ;)
[post=266684]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats great :)
My professor wants me to get a meeting/interview with the poet I was writing about and use my paper as the grounds for a book/collection. Dunno if i'll ever do it though as much as I'd like too ... I just don't have the time.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ashlar, that's the kind of stuff you MAKE the time for! After a long reprieve from school, it is great to be getting thatg kind of recognition, I hope you will get everything out of it you possibly can, I'll add my sincerest congratulations to those of the rest of the crew!

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 9 2004, 06:51 PM
Ashlar, that's the kind of stuff you MAKE the time for! After a long reprieve from school, it is great to be getting thatg kind of recognition, I hope you will get everything out of it you possibly can, I'll add my sincerest congratulations to those of the rest of the crew!
[post=266798]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you Zora :wub: While I do have the time to write a small book or collection, it's the logistics of obtaining a meeting with the subject that pose a problem. It would take a bit of money more than anything that I just don't have at the moment, but who knows before classes start again i may have paid down my credit cards enough to get my act togeather. If it is truely ment to be, than it will be, though thats not to imply that I wont be putting forth any effort, merely that I refuse to set myself up for inevitable dissapointments. If that makes any sense.

hehe

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Damn ... I turned in my final paper today for one of my Lit classes. I didnt think it was all that great, but my professor LOVED it. She gave me an A+ on it and an A+ for the entire class over all.

*hits the ground ... dead*

And I was worried I wouldnt do well *LOL*

I'm still in shock.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by woskxn@Dec 7 2019, 10:45 PM
congrats dude.

Give yourself some credit!
[post=266492]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you woxkxn :)

I'm so stoked that I got an A!! Overall I have a B in my psychology class and I did some extra credit so that might end up as an A, and I'm pretty sure I have an A in my other two classes as well, so I may actually end up with a 4.0

*happy dance*

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by ashlar+Dec 8 2019, 05:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; Dec 8 2019, 05:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-woskxn@Dec 7 2019, 10:45 PM
congrats dude.

Give yourself some credit&#33;
[post=266492]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you woxkxn :)

I&#39;m so stoked that I got an A&#33;&#33; Overall I have a B in my psychology class and I did some extra credit so that might end up as an A, and I&#39;m pretty sure I have an A in my other two classes as well, so I may actually end up with a 4.0

*happy dance*
[post=266505]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

That&#39;s great, ashlar. Also, really awesome being good looking and intelligent to boot&#33; Keep up the good work, man, keep communication open between you and your professors and apply, apply, apply. You&#39;ll be the winner.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah I&#39;ve been doing fine I just worry because up untill this semester I was out of school for 7 or 8 years. I wassnt sure I would be able to do very well having been out for such a long time, but so far I seem to be doing great. The professors i&#39;ve talked to about it think that my age is part of what makes me such a good student compaired to the typical lot of 18 and 19 year olds in the classes.

Thank you for the compliments Roys. :)