How about ...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ashlar, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Damn ... I turned in my final paper today for one of my Lit classes. I didnt think it was all that great, but my professor LOVED it. She gave me an A+ on it and an A+ for the entire class over all.

*hits the ground ... dead*

And I was worried I wouldnt do well *LOL*

I'm still in shock.

2. woskxn

woskxn New Member

Albums:
    congrats dude.

Give yourself some credit!

3. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you woxkxn :)

I'm so stoked that I got an A!! Overall I have a B in my psychology class and I did some extra credit so that might end up as an A, and I'm pretty sure I have an A in my other two classes as well, so I may actually end up with a 4.0

*happy dance*

4. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Thank you woxkxn :)

I'm so stoked that I got an A!! Overall I have a B in my psychology class and I did some extra credit so that might end up as an A, and I'm pretty sure I have an A in my other two classes as well, so I may actually end up with a 4.0

*happy dance*
    [post=266505]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

That's great, ashlar. Also, really awesome being good looking and intelligent to boot! Keep up the good work, man, keep communication open between you and your professors and apply, apply, apply. You'll be the winner.

5. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah I've been doing fine I just worry because up untill this semester I was out of school for 7 or 8 years. I wassnt sure I would be able to do very well having been out for such a long time, but so far I seem to be doing great. The professors i've talked to about it think that my age is part of what makes me such a good student compaired to the typical lot of 18 and 19 year olds in the classes.

Thank you for the compliments Roys. :)

6. jonb

Gold Member

Congrats! ;) Tis better to get an A expecting a B than to get an F expecting an A.

7. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Indeed! Thank you jon :)

8. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke New Member

Congrats!

Speaking of which, I actually met the coolest professor in a 2nd year undergrad Poli-Sci course (a class of about 150 students - big lecture hall) - I got my term paper back with a big "A" and about 10 or 12 "+" signs scribbled after - and then "come see me!". It was the beginning of one of the best friendships of my life. (That paper was submitted to a undergrad writing contest, and won an 'honourable mention' 3rd place - it was about Plato & Northrop Fry - a noted Shakespearian scholar).

That definitely got me into the 'upper halls of academia' - all the right intro's with the Deans and Chairs... ( que Maryanne Faithful: ... there's room at the top, they're telling you still, but first you have to learn to smile while you kill...) but I couldn't bring myself to play the big game and go for a 'professorship' and tenure. Hoop jumping has never been my strong suit! ;)

9. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thats great :)
    My professor wants me to get a meeting/interview with the poet I was writing about and use my paper as the grounds for a book/collection. Dunno if i'll ever do it though as much as I'd like too ... I just don't have the time.

10. madame_zora

Gold Member

Ashlar, that's the kind of stuff you MAKE the time for! After a long reprieve from school, it is great to be getting thatg kind of recognition, I hope you will get everything out of it you possibly can, I'll add my sincerest congratulations to those of the rest of the crew!

11. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you Zora :wub: While I do have the time to write a small book or collection, it's the logistics of obtaining a meeting with the subject that pose a problem. It would take a bit of money more than anything that I just don't have at the moment, but who knows before classes start again i may have paid down my credit cards enough to get my act togeather. If it is truely ment to be, than it will be, though thats not to imply that I wont be putting forth any effort, merely that I refuse to set myself up for inevitable dissapointments. If that makes any sense.

hehe

Draft saved Draft deleted