How an erection points??

johnwade79

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Is there any type of reason why an erect penis points a certain direction. For example when my penis becomes erect it points straight out from my body. However I have a friend whose penis points upwards when it becomes erect to the extent that the head of his penis actually touches his stomach. This there a biological or medical reason from this difference or is it just as natural a differnce as hair color or penis size???

SteveT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Age plays a part - when I was younger my dick virtually touched my stomach. Now it is nearer 30 degrees away I'd say - although I never measured it!!

How excited you are plays a part too i think.

Sorry - hope that helps!

SteveT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
THat's interesting Pieterjoke. In my (limited!) experience, longer guys often do not point straight upwards.

Perhaps its just down to the ones I've seen!

adam

Expert Member
Media
a friend whose penis points upwards when it becomes erect to the extent that the head of his penis actually touches his stomach.

exactly same here.:redface:

Moreover, mine is too stiff and it's not easy to pressure it down.
As I know, their erections of my friends are generally straight out and seem quite movable at penopubic junction.

I don't know why mine is different from others', either.
So, I wonder if the difference comes from genetic factors or if my case is sporadic, but yet I am the only son of my father and I've never seen father's erection.

Last edited:

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
Mine points up and I've always wondered why.

I wore briefs as a boy and not until I turned 20 did I start wearing boxers and boxer briefs. Back in the days, all through puberty, I put my dick up when I put on my briefs rather than let it hang. Could the prolonged act of putting your dick up have contributed to how the erection takes its form? Surely enough over those years I've had countless hard-ons that had been kept pointing up in the briefs.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Though it's probably a mixture, I believe that the angle is determined mainly by genetics.

And of course there are two axes to be considered - down, out or up, in relation to the body, vertically, and to the left, straight ahead or to the right on the horizontal axis. Added to this the shaft may be straight or curved to varying degrees, so you will probably never have two men with identical erections.

Rocky14441

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
rght into my twenties my cock was the same way: Flat up against my belly when I was standing up. I could tug it forward and it would hit my flat belly with a slap. It was tough, getting a BJ straight on was sometimes painful.
I always carried it straight up in my briefs, to hide the regular boners. I imagine that if I let it hang, that "long muscle" would have stretched, but the times I tried that it was really painful, so I imagine it is genetics.
Now I love it, because when I walk around it sticks up at a proud forty-five.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
However I have a friend whose penis points upwards when it becomes erect to the extent that the head of his penis actually touches his stomach.

ALWAYS thought that was the norm...Poll/Survey??

-25 degrees- away from the bod ..still
Whatever way they point several billion people in the world proves it works huh'.
enz

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Typical penis erection angle, exactly matches the vagina angle.

However I have a friend whose penis points upwards when it becomes erect to the extent that the head of his penis actually touches his stomach.

ALWAYS thought that was the norm...Poll/Survey??

-25 degrees- away from the bod ..still
Whatever way they point several billion people in the world proves it works huh'.
enz

Actually, the penis generally is designed to point, at an angle exactly matching the angle of the vagina, as its obvious purpose is to deliver semen into one's mate, to produce ever more people.

The huge 6.7 billion world population, shows that there's at least one thing most people apparently do well. Most everybody fucks and has babies. I estimate that about once a second, yet another human male-female couple starts having sexual intercourse, for the first time, as more and more people grow up, marry hopefully, and naturally begin to reproduce.

They say what populates the world is extremely pleasurable.

So there's at least your reason, why the penis points a certain way. For those whose penises point a bit off of the ideal direction, the penis is easily flexible enough to adjust and still procreate babies.

jimmenycricket

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
some of it has to with circumcistion. if the forskin is cut to much , when the man has an erection it streches the remaining skin tight, causing an upward eretion. also causing the skin not to move. the skin on mine is very flexible while erect and mine points straight out. i have never seen an uncut guy stand straigh up but then again ive never seen a big guy stand straight up either. who knows.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Typical penis erection angle, exactly matches the vagina angle.

:eek13:​

Actually, the penis generally is designed to point, at an angle exactly matching the angle of the vagina, as its obvious purpose is to deliver semen into one's mate, to produce ever more people.

The huge 6.7 billion world population, shows that there's at least one thing most people apparently do well. Most everybody fucks and has babies. I estimate that about once a second, yet another human male-female couple starts having sexual intercourse, for the first time, as more and more people grow up, marry hopefully, and naturally begin to reproduce.

They say what populates the world is extremely pleasurable.

:eek13:

So there's at least your reason, why the penis points a certain way. For those whose penises point a bit off of the ideal direction, the penis is easily flexible enough to adjust and still procreate babies.

Richard Attenborough, is that you?!

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
some of it has to with circumcistion. if the forskin is cut to much , when the man has an erection it streches the remaining skin tight, causing an upward eretion. also causing the skin not to move. the skin on mine is very flexible while erect and mine points straight out. i have never seen an uncut guy stand straigh up but then again ive never seen a big guy stand straight up either. who knows.

Well I'm cut and 10" and I point upward, so that blows your theory.