How animated are you?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by LemacST, Mar 28, 2008.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

Are you very vivid and lively when you talk, or are you monotonous?

I've been described as monotonous. I am young so within my peers, I am known as "chill", "mellow", etc. Sometimes this label is nice (as it is regarded as a positive thing, for whatever reason) but at times, I feel like people might dismiss me as being boring, a bullshitter or maybe even stupid due to my supposed lack of emotion in my words.

I'd say I'm only monotonous when I'm feeling neutral or if I'm with strangers. I'd like to change this at least a little bit so I don't feel like people are underestimating me in one way or the other. This especially affects me when I'm out at bars or clubs or something. Having a very relaxed tone when talking to a girl one-on-one in a party setting isn't too bad, but when I'm at a bar and I have to yell, it sounds ridiculous almost. From now on, I'm making an effort to change this.

Any tips or tricks? Am I over-analyzing myself? Are you animated, monotonous or somewhere in between? Discuss.

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

You are overanalysing. You are who you are and if a laidback way of talking is you then that is you. I know some very animated types and some rather less so - I don't find one type particularly better or more interesting to listen to - it entirely depends on what the person is actually saying. Also, why would anyone think you are a bullshitter because you are less animated.

Me, I'm somewhere inbetween. I can get quite animated about some things, say if I'm recounting a story, though in normal conversation I'm less so. I think. It can be hard to step outside and reflect on how I come across, I may remember things differently from how others perceive them.

Tips- not really - just be yourself - anything else will seem fake.

3. No_Strings

Gold Member

I see it as being efficient with my vocabulary. :smile:

4. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm very much the same...but usually considered a bit more animated.

Must be a correlation with my bedroom activity cuz I tend to also be a bit of a talker as well as pretty demonstrative. <tee hee>

5. B_dumbcow

B_dumbcow New Member

Albums:
    I am definately animated when with friends - but more monotonus with boring people and when I'm serious...

You are probably fine! Your voice is one of the features which defines you as a person, so be proud of it :smile:

6. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    im more animated with close friends

Draft saved Draft deleted