How are regular condoms "regular"?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Nitrofiend, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Here's what I don't understand.

Supposedly the average penile girth is about 4.75".

The diameter of a regular-size condom is 1.375". That translates to a girth of about 4.32".

4.32" < 4.75" ?:confused:

How can a regular condom be a regular size if it's significantly below the average penile girth? Something doesn't compute.

A regular Magnum has a diameter of 1.5". That translates to a girth of about 4.71".

4.71" ~ 4.75"

Logically, if Magnums are approximately the size of the average penile girth, Magnums are more likely to fit an average penis than regulars are! And because of the deceitful packaging, I bet there are a lot of suffocating cocks out there because men overestimate the standards for wearing a Magnum. Is this the agenda of a major marketing conspiracy?

Thoughts?

2. mindseye

Gold Member

Condoms stretch. They're designed so that one should have to stretch them a bit to get them on -- the tension is what keeps them on.

3. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

That's a pretty big stretch for the regular condom girth/average penile girth ratio though, don't you think? I'd imagine it'd be pretty uncomfortable, no? Plus, I also understated the average girth, it might be slightly higher than that, which would make the regular magnum slightly less wide, and probably wearable.

4. gernsdaddy

gernsdaddy New Member

Nitro---

My girth is slightly above average (about 5", maybe 5.5" or so). My personal experience with standard condoms is that the thinner ones tend to be more comfortable, however all standard condoms are a bit tight when applying. Once applied, they stretch to fit, however the bottom ring is a bit tight. I've never used a cock ring before, so I'm not sure if the effect is at all similar.

Hope it helps.

5. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

I gave the circumferences of the bottom rings, and that's principly what I was referring to. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

6. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yup, regular condoms can get very uncomfortable for me but the ring of the condom works just like a cock ring. It holds the blood and makes it even thicker, what again brings up problems with the tight condom. My dick used to get red to purple in regular condoms. :redface:

BUT
    nitro, I don't know if you ever used a condom. Looks like you did not. Try a condom what has the same diameter as your dick. Have fun keeping it on.
    Or try to blow up a reg condom. Then you know how stretchable they are.

7. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

If the average girth is about 4.84", and the girth of the magnum is 4.71", a pretty average girth (maybe very slightly above average) should be able to fit. And 4.32" (regular) just doesn't sound optimally accomodating for a 4.84" girth. I am very well aware of how much even a regular condom is capable of stretching, but this is more of a question of comfort than the limit of capability.

If nothing else, there probably are a lot more guys that could wear Magnums but don't because they have some kind of hyperbolic preconcieved concept of how big they are by the marketing.

8. FrenumFellow

FrenumFellow New Member

That measuring technique may be a problem. At least with Trojans, if I remember right from some meassuring I did a few months back - I don't have any on hand at moment to check - the bottom ring is about the same size for different sizes of condoms, but the size of the main body of the condom varies more. I don't know why, but they seem to have calculated on leaving the bottom ring a tighter fit on larger condoms, possibly to ensure that the condom stays on better as erections subside.

9. Mr.Grande

Mr.Grande New Member

Albums:
    I have never really checked into the differences between condom size and average penis size but regular condoms are just that, regular. They are for the average sized penis. I haven't been able to put one of these on since I was about 15. After that, it was magnums and now magnum xl. I have friends that have said that they have tried magnums and had to hold on to them with one hand to keep the condom on. Others have said that they kept sliding off. I really didn't say anything but I was kind of laughing inside. One time I was about to have sex with a woman who wanted me to try out one of those glow in the dark condoms. When I was trying to put it on it didn't even fit over the head. She asked innocently, "why did you get the small ones". I looked at her, and she said, "Oh Damn." It was pretty funny, and a big turn on.

10. the_reverend

Gold Member

that's weird. i'm 5.5" around and i have to use the Magnum XL to feel comfortable. hmm...different strokes, i guess (no pun intended). :tongue:

11. gernsdaddy

gernsdaddy New Member

Rev---

I'm significantly oblate in shape. Would that make a difference, do you think?

12. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

The bottom ring is the main sizing issue I have with regular condoms. After sex, the ring leaves a pretty deep indentation in my penis. It's almost like a really tight cock ring.

I hope I don't get gangrene this way.

13. Kauri Tree

Kauri Tree Active Member

I am small, my girth is only 4.5 in and a standard condom fits me rather well. But I always find that the resrvoir tip in condoms (any brand) is far too small. I'm an average cummer but I always overflow the tip and the jiz seeps back up. Does anybody experience the same? Are reservoir tips in Magnums larger?

14. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Yes.

15. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Yes, that's exactly the same problem I used to have, and it was painful. That's why I switched up to Magnums, and then very shortly thereafter to XL's. And if you look at the statistics for the width of the ring (base of the condom) off ripnroll.com, you'll see that those are the widths I calculated the appropriate circumferences of. And if you compare the widths of the base rings of different size-labeled condoms, you'll notice that larger condoms have larger ring-widths. Part of the point of my post is oriented towards those who wear condoms that they don't realize are too small for them to wear comfortably.

16. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Note that if this is true, it only takes a difference of .18" from the regular condom girth, to his erect penile girth for him to wear it comfortably (a very slight stretch of the base ring).

So, if this is true, and Magnums are about the same amount smaller in girth than the average penis, many more men should be able to wear Magnums.

17. mdc

mdc New Member

"regular" condoms are about 4.75" girth unstretched. It turns out that the average dick is 4.7 or so girth.

I've measured a few out of curiosity, and this is the size that regular condoms are. Using the same method, Magnums and XLs re 5.25" and 5.5" girth respectively.

18. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

MagnumXL are a lot bigger and stretch more than regular condoms. They're like twice the size, in the packet. Or twice the size of some brands at least.

There's no way I can fit into a regular condom, I can't even get the head of my cock in one now, and that's the thinnest part.

NB: The last regular condoms I tried (no Magnums available) were esensual brand, I think foreign and every small. Flavoured, but that was no fun.

19. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

Having a girth of 6.25 inches I wear Magnums or MagumXL. Haven't tried any of the other larger condoms. Has anyone used any of the other larger condoms and how did they fit at the base ? Did you like them better than the Magnums ?

20. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted