How are regular condoms "regular"?

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"regular" condoms are about 4.75" girth unstretched. It turns out that the average dick is 4.7 or so girth.

I've measured a few out of curiosity, and this is the size that regular condoms are. Using the same method, Magnums and XLs re 5.25" and 5.5" girth respectively.

The math doesn't add up with those specs. The width (diameter) of the ring of a regular condom is 1.375" which makes the girth 4.32" unstretched. The regular Magnum is 4.71" unstretched. The width (diameter) of the ring on a Magnum is 1.5".

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry about the six-fold post, something was messed up with my browser, and I didn't release hitting "stop" after pressing enter still posted the material.:redface:

Coincidentally, would anyone mind telling me how to delete a post?

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Magnum XL's would not roll any further down on me after about half-way down my shaft, and the part covered was about to bust as it was. I am about 7" circumference at midshaft.

Can't live with em, can't live without em...

...OB

popeye83

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok to much time on hand if u acualy broke out the ruler lol go buy a few difrent sisizes find some one and testem all sounds like more fun to me

Eric420

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"Regular" sized condoms are an attempt for the shrimp dicked man to oppress the bigger dicked man.*

IMO they should make regular sized condoms bigger, and creat a small for small dicked guys. Why be dishonest?

*So are pants!!!

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Regular" sized condoms are an attempt for the shrimp dicked man to oppress the bigger dicked man.*

IMO they should make regular sized condoms bigger, and creat a small for small dicked guys. Why be dishonest?

*So are pants!!!

Seeing as it's hard to make the large size of a person's dick an insult, I would imagine it's far more common for the "shrimp-dicked man" to feel oppressed by the "bigger-dicked man". Even if you call him the "whale-dicked man" it's not an insult because we're commonly conditioned to believe bigger is better. And being a "shrimp-dicked" man while flaccid, I take offense :tongue:.

Regular-size condoms are not a method of oppression because they're simply not designed for larger men. It would only be oppression (possibly) if regular and small were the only sizes. Pants are just there to cover the presence of genitals in general and try to avert our eyes from study. Plus they keep us warm.

I don't think they should necessarily make regulars bigger, I'd just like to know why they're so much smaller than the average girth and the magnum is closer to it. It would only take a very slight positive deviation from average (a quarter inch or so) for a magnum to fit, but would take more of a negative deviation for a regular to fit.

joe_smith

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Magnums and XL's do widen toward the tip. I think the reasoning for having the Magnums and XL's relitively close the regular condoms at the base is for the sole reason to keep them on. Maybe they perseeve men with larger dicks being rougher and needing a tigher grip at the base. Or that the massive explosion of our cum shot with force a looses condom to fly off liek a rocket ship. But I think the real reason is because eveery penis is different and some might be narrower at he the base or might need a little more length but are still just average in girth.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Magnums and XL's do widen toward the tip. I think the reasoning for having the Magnums and XL's relitively close the regular condoms at the base is for the sole reason to keep them on. Maybe they perseeve men with larger dicks being rougher and needing a tigher grip at the base. Or that the massive explosion of our cum shot with force a looses condom to fly off liek a rocket ship. But I think the real reason is because eveery penis is different and some might be narrower at he the base or might need a little more length but are still just average in girth.

They may widen at the tip but they're successively larger in girth at the ring starting from regular. Read back, I posted that information.