How Are Unattractive Women Treated?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
This Is How Men Treat Women They Find Unfuckable

I thought this was an interesting article about the differences in the ways women are treated when they are attractive versus when they are ugly.

I found this on the trufemcel Reddit page and they all agreed with it. Do you ladies think it is true? Have you had similar experiences?

Speaking for myself, I have treated unattractive women differently than attractive women in the past. So I think there is a lot of truth to the article.

Reactions: Draconis71

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Not even just unattractive, unavailable women get dismissed and treated like shit too.

I worked with a woman a few years ago, she was drop dead gorgeous. She turned the heads of straight women and gay men. She also had a long time boyfriend. She would get flirted with for awhile, then asked out. So often, when she said no (almost always politely) the guy would just pretend she no longer existed. Sometimes she would even get insulted by the rejected guy, I heard one guy tell her, "if you're already with someone why did you even talk to me? Fucking tease". Uh... It's her job to be friendly to anyone sitting at our counter you fucknut.

So, yeah. "Ugly" or unavailable women get treated like shit by shitty men.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not even just unattractive, unavailable women get dismissed and treated like shit too.

I worked with a woman a few years ago, she was drop dead gorgeous. She turned the heads of straight women and gay men. She also had a long time boyfriend. She would get flirted with for awhile, then asked out. So often, when she said no (almost always politely) the guy would just pretend she no longer existed. Sometimes she would even get insulted by the rejected guy, I heard one guy tell her, "if you're already with someone why did you even talk to me? Fucking tease". Uh... It's her job to be friendly to anyone sitting at our counter you fucknut.

I was not a bad looking bloke back in the day...yet, I never had the perfect approach to a woman of any sort........nor I think did any woman have the perfect approach to me.

Placing all failed approaches under the umbrella of ugliness or unapproachable reeks of weak journalism at it's best.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Well, it isn’t hard hitting investigative material.

it’s basically an opinion piece dressed up with social media comments.

I miss gatekeeper journalism.

To the topic, hitting 50 slowed comments.
I joke with my partner about how our ages make us either spectacle or invisible.
He’s visible, but only connected to his work on stage. Otherwise, he’s just an older man.
Me? Well, I buck traditional notions of age appropriate appearance.
Long hair past 40, no make up (although I use tinted moisturizer with SPF for rosacea), I don’t shave consistently (It’s a lark for me, and my guy). I dress like the hippy I am, and my work wear is rather plain. Trousers and T shirt. I’m a medical massage therapist, so no heels, suits/dresses, etc. but I don’t do current yoga wear, either.

you want to know which women get treated badly by “men as a group?”
Women who aren’t toadying to their attention grabbing.
Be old, heavy, unavailable, indifferent, gay, distracted, too intelligent to fall for false flattery, hard of hearing (or pretending to be), reading in public, listening to anything on earbuds in public, busy with a task, or generally not responding.

I'm of the opinion that less conventionally attractive people are going to face plenty of judgement based on just their looks - the same applying to those who are considered attractive instead, just in a different way (Halo effect and Horn effect). I feel like men are more vocal when it comes to showing distaste/appreciation for someone or something, while women either do it subtly or are for more kind at rejecting others.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm of the opinion that less conventionally attractive people are going to face plenty of judgement based on just their looks - the same applying to those who are considered attractive instead, just in a different way (Halo effect and Horn effect). I feel like men are more vocal when it comes to showing distaste/appreciation for someone or something, while women either do it subtly or are for more kind at rejecting others.

It is interesting when your own attraction slips to one side of “conventionally attractive” as well.
My exhusband was very slender. I like skinny, I don’t mind average, and I have had two heavy partners ( but I know my shallowness point where the distaste for fat overrides sexual attraction to the human).
I’ve tended to thinner, longer hair, less stereotypically masculine men lifelong.
The comments one hears when with these nonstandard issue men are heartbreaking.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is interesting when your own attraction slips to one side of “conventionally attractive” as well.
My exhusband was very slender. I like skinny, I don’t mind average, and I have had two heavy partners ( but I know my shallowness point where the distaste for fat overrides sexual attraction to the human).
I’ve tended to thinner, longer hair, less stereotypically masculine men lifelong.
The comments one hears when with these nonstandard issue men are heartbreaking.
I tend to be drawn to gentle giants. I like a big, big man. Gentle giants are use to unintentionally intimidating folks. The more socially savvy of them learn to shrink and give the impression of invisibility (something my husband has mastered) or smallness, something many exes had mastered.

I remember having a conversation in rapid decline with a man in a restaurant. It was my then-boyfriend's birthday. He was making himself small and approachable, as usual. I had invited a lot of our mutual friends, and one had brought a relative we put in a high chair. The man had been smoking though smoking was prohibited. I complained to a waitress, who asked him to smoke outside. He put the butt out in the tray of food she was carrying, and approached me. Thus, the conversation that was rapidly declining.

My boyfriend had this thing he would do. He would slowly inhale, and as he did he would take up all the vast space his body could occupy, and as he continued to inhale, there would be the illusion that having fully grown, he was beginning to shrink the room, as if breathing in actual space-time. He did this. The man yelling at me next to the flummoxed server stopped, did a double-take, and began apologizing. My dude looked more giant and less gentle than I had ever seen. After the yelling man apologized, claiming to have only just noticed the high chair at our table, and left, the mood instantly reverted. Dude was back to his much smaller seeming, effervescent, effusive, jocular version of himself. It was like a separate entity appeared if one poked my sweet bear.

My husband is jokingly refered to as a ninja by many. He appears out of thin air. He is quiet and subtle. I've seen him take everything out of a person's hands, one by one, and remain next to them for minutes before the person noticed he was there. I have heard stories from officers who said he took their keys, keys he did not have the security clearance to possess, as a prank. (Do not try that at home, kids.) My husband said he just walked up to them and took them. When he realized the officer really didn't know he had the keys, he returned them. When he wants to go unnoticed, he just does. He is nearly 6'6" and 240 pounds of invisible man.

Because my giants are gentle, people snooze on them. Young punks challenged my husband all the time when we lived hood-adjacent. They wanted to test themselves against him. I'd hear them say things like, "Yeah, he is big, but he's not hard." Some people see the truth. The security guards at the gatehouse asked me questions about him, and used to tell people not to mess with us. "That man sees everything, absorbs a lot, and you do not want to be around when he finally has had enough of your shit. Best case scenario, his wife just shoots you."

I vanish too. I can't appear out of nowhere like he does, but I can disappear like I was never there. Unfortunately, it seems to make men all the more determined to speak with me. Fortunately, when the danger is real, and I'm not just dodging unwanted attention, this skill serves well. I have watched men search for me while I hid.

you want to know which women get treated badly by “men as a group?”
Women who aren’t toadying to their attention grabbing.
Be old, heavy, unavailable, indifferent, gay, distracted, too intelligent to fall for false flattery, hard of hearing (or pretending to be), reading in public, listening to anything on earbuds in public, busy with a task, or generally not responding.

I think what "unattractive" women and unavailable women have in common is that men do not want them. It is more accurate to say unwanted women get shit on by some men all day every day.

I remember a dude told me off because I said I had to catch the express bus and couldn't stop to talk. I was so shocked I did stop in my tracks for just a moment. I was dating my husband at that time. I hadn't wanted to stop long enough to explain that. I said nothing, just stood still for a few seconds before resuming my hurry to catch my bus. As I ran, huffing, puffing, and dragging along my heavy suitcase, I thought about how handsome that guy had appeared. I'd noticed him from half a block away. I wondered how a man that good looking could be that bitter over a rejection as polite and practical as, "Hi, I can't talk. I'm about to miss the express bus. Good day!" thrown over the shoulder of an obviously speeding, busy woman. The moment has stuck with me.

I've definitely had men pretend I didn't exist after I rejected them. I have also been treated like I wasn't there when men were interested in my exceptionally beautiful best friend. Um... Hello?! What do you believe she thinks of you if you cannot be polite to one of her favorite people in the world? So funny. I remember men used to tell me I was jealous of her. This one dude walked into a telephone pole because he was staring at her. While she laughed hysterically (I laughed too; it was unbelievably funny) I ran over to see if he was okay. I asked if he needed first aid, and told him he was bleeding. He told me off. The madder he got, the harder we laughed. Couldn't be helped. The harder we laughed, the madder he got.

Another category of unwanted women? Women in front of whom men have been embarrassed.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Attractive people get more attention? Duh. I don’t know from personal experience how unattractive people get treated because I don’t think I’ve ever fallen into that category. I do know that catcalling has stopped as I’ve aged, but I consider that a benefit rather than a loss.

As a woman, I’ve found not being treated immediately as “fuckable” is immensely empowering. Men make eye contact with me, treat me with more respect, and if I choose to flirt, it’s reciprocated with honest delight. There’s power in being an older woman.

As to that piece of “journalism”, I think there are some people who are extremely cruel to those who are physically unattractive, especially when they are young. I think with experience comes wisdom and the knowledge that looks are fleeting, and that the person is far more important than any physical characteristic.

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

"Fucking tease" lol

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

Interesting. Although, I wonder what the femcels would say about your friend.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Men liked me when I was thin.
Men liked me when I was medically obese.
Men liked me when I was young.
Men like me at my current age.
Men liked me with no hair.
Men liked me with long hair.
Men liked me with no tattoos.
Men liked me with tattoos.

Men like a variety of things. I've never felt entirely 100% unfuckable because have you seen some of the disgusting things men will fuck? And honestly, whether a man finds me worthy to blow his load over matters zero fucks to me.

This Is How Men Treat Women They Find Unfuckable

I thought this was an interesting article about the differences in the ways women are treated when they are attractive versus when they are ugly.

I found this on the trufemcel Reddit page and they all agreed with it. Do you ladies think it is true? Have you had similar experiences?

Speaking for myself, I have treated unattractive women differently than attractive women in the past. So I think there is a lot of truth to the article.

The writer misses the key point of why certain men behave in this way - and it’s a particular type of man: socially insecure/has a form status anxiety. It’s about power. Beauty is power and an attractive woman will inspire good treatment for the promise of what her presence may afford the man. Sex/breeding aside, a man’s social status amongst his peers and other women, rises, if he’s with an attractive woman. It’s why he’s especially nice to her - to win favour. And, deep down, this type of man resents the attractive women who have turned him down, over the years, and that plays out in how he treats others. Women he deems less attractive are expendable because they hold no value to him other than to elevate his sense of self. It’s a particular type. I don’t think all people behave in this way.

People (men and women) treat others differently (men and women) based on looks or perceived status. There is quite a bit of research to back this up. Not everything is about 'fuckability', but I think some people see life through that prism.

Thickniner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Man! You're at work. Un-fucking- professional! If you only fuck pretty girls, that's up to you, but who you interact at work when it's business and esp. if the individual comes highly regarded or referred to by someone as smart. That's a huge red flag!
When building successful teams, I'd love her in my network. We want winners, not fucking barbies. Pricks like him......Imagine seeing him fired and she's getting his promotion. You think he'd find her more attractive now?

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The simple answer to this thread is that decent men treat women with respect and dignity regardless of how they look. The broader, un-gendered view is also true: Decent people treat other people with respect and dignity regardless of how they look.

I was raised to be kind to people. Their attractiveness was not included as a deciding factor for the amount of kindness to be given.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What I am curious about is, who amongst men determines that which is "unfuckable" and how does that play into a question like this? As at least one woman has alluded to upthread, there isn't really any defined subset of women that is free of male attention, so it stands to reason that it's a narrow swath of men that are actually privileged enough to be so fickle and/or malevolently selective.
So it makes me wonder if the purported treatment of "unfuckable" women has more to do with the esteem they hold the selected mans opinion, than any function of their inability to get laid...
As far as the unavailable women thing, I can sheepishly concur...I cant fully verbalize a lot of the illogical weight i, and what I imagine to be a lot of men, put into a woman's romantic/sexual rejection, but I do knowbefore I knew to prop myself up afterwards, it was so much easier to tear the object of my desire down...at first just to minimize their pull on me, but more than once it evolved into an attitude of unworthiness being projected unto her.