How Are You Celebrating the 4th of July?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We weren't supposed to be doing anything. Just me, mom, and dad some ribs, baked beans, and potato salad. Then she invited her sister, my cousin, and her son. So then dad says if your sister is coming I'm inviting my brother. My uncle tells his son to come, so that means his new wife, her mother and his best friend and the best friend's girlfriend.

Bottomline it's 5:30 AM on the 4th of July and mom and I have just finished cooking most everything for tomorrow.
July 4, 2009
Menu

BBQ Ribs (Pork)
BBQ Ribs (Beef)
Fried Chicken
Sausage & Peppers
Macaroni & Cheese
Green Beans
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Texas Caviar
Bacon Explosion
Yeast Rolls
Soda: Coke, Diet Coke, Grape, Orange, Sprite
Hot Dogs
Hamburgers
Fried Fish - cousin GDG

Dessert
Banana Pudding - Auntie
Pound Cake
Peach Cobbler

Bolded items we ordered from a local restaurant. Unless otherwise stated, everything else mom and I have cooked, in the last 2 days.

So much for not having a big to do. :rolleyes: If I haven't passed out from exhaustion I hope to go see the fireworks in the next town over tomorrow night.:cool:

Last edited:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will be attending a diplomatic (though rather informal, thankfully!!) going away bash. I just hope the mini 'heatwave' holds a few more hours!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NJ...your feast sounds wonderful.
I made baked beans, potato salad, watermelon and mint, fried chicken and a cherry pie, we are going to the park and have a picnic!

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We weren't supposed to be doing anything. Just me, mom, and dad some ribs, baked beans, and potato salad. Then she invited her sister, my cousin, and her son. So then dad says if your sister is coming I'm inviting my brother. My uncle tells his son to come, so that means his new wife, her mother and his best friend and the best friend's girlfriend.

Bottomline it's 5:30 AM on the 4th of July and mom and I have just finished cooking most everything for tomorrow.
July 4, 2009
Menu

BBQ Ribs (Pork)
BBQ Ribs (Beef)
Fried Chicken
Sausage & Peppers
Macaroni & Cheese
Green Beans
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Texas Caviar
Bacon Explosion
Yeast Rolls
Hot Dogs
Hamburgers
Fried Fish - cousin GDG

Dessert
Banana Pudding - Auntie
Pound Cake
Peach Cobbler

Bolded items we ordered from a local restaurant. Unless otherwise stated, everything else mom and I have cooked, in the last 2 days.

So much for not having a big to do. :rolleyes: If I haven't passed out from exhaustion I hope to go see the fireworks in the next town over tomorrow night.:cool:

Love the menu but no Sweet Tea?!!

As for me, I'm working.

Have a good time dudes - even if your independence was from us. :(

Seems you've done rather well for yourselves since then, though... ;)

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My son got a great deal on a foreclosure do its painting day!

normally I would grill but suspect it might be sodas and pizza instead...

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Celebrating quietly with several close friends, my darling, and the various household animals.

We're having a clambake on the beach - tarp and seaweed - the whole deal.

Incidentally today is the first summer-like day we've had in weeks. So it adds an extra je ne sais quoi to the notion of the Fourth.

I'll tell ya one thing I won't be doing; I won't be going to The Esplanade in Boston to see fucking Neil Diamond. Yup. That's what I said; NEIL DIAMOND! :puke:

♪They're comin' to America ♪ Oh?

I bet you ain't cummin' no where Neil these days. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Barbecue! Not up to NJ's caliber, but a lot of the favorites. BBQ ribs, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, and strawberry shortcake. We have company coming; don't know what they're bringing.

Mark_UK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just spent a happy hour and a half belting round a race track on my bike with 50 other guys all intent on looking like they are enjoying it depite being off their faces with pain, and just managing to avoid a huge crash just before the finish.Then chucking my breakfast up in a ditch.
Kind of celebration I suppose.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am going to grill hamburgers, hot dogs, and a couple of pork chops. Make my mom's recipe for baked beans. Green beans. And I am going to brew some sweet tea with lemon and drizzled with spearmint simple syrup.

I wish I had thought ahead I would've made me a Bacon Explosion. I STILL got the recipe for it from NJ. I may make it for my fam for Thanksgiving.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

July 4, 2009
Menu

BBQ Ribs (Pork)
BBQ Ribs (Beef)
Fried Chicken
Sausage & Peppers
Macaroni & Cheese
Green Beans
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Texas Caviar
Bacon Explosion
Yeast Rolls
Hot Dogs
Hamburgers
Fried Fish - cousin GDG

Dessert
Banana Pudding - Auntie
Pound Cake
Peach Cobbler

So, is the beau coming?