how average you think is the circumcision in USA?

cobra8

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is on the rapid decline. I am sure it varies quite a bit with what subculture you are in but it is becoming much less common.

cobra8

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It may indeed go up given the new guidance.
I was hoping that the link would lead to some real information about what recent studies have observed. The article failed to provide any actual data for the "health benefits"
It suggested that circumcision some how reduces risk of contracting an STI. Now let's think about what factors influence risk of infection;
1. Who you have sex with.
This is entirely an individual's choice of lifestyle which is affected by culture (which happens to be the main influence affecting circumcision rates)

2. If you wear a condom.
Condoms are less convenient for intact men, and there is a possibility that more intact men risk going bareback than their circumcised counterparts.

The point is to really think about it. I would like to hear what other thoughts everyone has.
Oh and if you are buying into the notion that cutting off part of your penis reduces your risk of penile cancer, you will also be happy to learn that castration is an effective method for preventing testicular cancer!

D

deleted15807

I was hoping that the link would lead to some real information about what recent studies have observed. The article failed to provide any actual data for the "health benefits"

It really didn't fail. The failure was on your part. Your obvious predisposition on the procedure clouds your judgement.