Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good evening ladies.

We all know health is top priority and therefore going to a gyno is a must in order to check if everything is alright. Having said that, I've heard some women had really bad experience during the examinations, either telling me they loathed being there or that some procedures hurt, but I never got a clear view of how bad everything was.

Even though some stuff is obvious even by a man, I wanna ask you women, with all the respect:

How bad is it? Does every procedure hurt? If so, which one is the worst?
Long detailed replies are very welcome.

PS.: I'm not in a gyno or pain fetish. I'm just looking for information out of something I've heard briefly, but didn't have clear descriptions.

Tks.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's uncomfortable for me. Every bit of it. Even if they are gentle and even with smaller instruments. It hurts when the speculum goes in, it hurts more when it's opened, it hurts to have your abdomen pressed upon really hard to push an ovary downward so the doctor can palpate it with fingers in the vagina. If the uterus is pressed on too hard it can be uncomfortable, a Christmas tree style toothbrush being scraped in the cervical opening feels like menstrual cramps. Back before my hysterectomy I'd feel menstrual cramps and spot blood for the first day afterward.

And if you are really modest it can feel humiliating. Especially if the doctor comes off cold and aloof.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's uncomfortable for me. Every bit of it. Even if they are gentle and even with smaller instruments. It hurts when the speculum goes in, it hurts more when it's opened, it hurts to have your abdomen pressed upon really hard to push an ovary downward so the doctor can palpate it with fingers in the vagina. If the uterus is pressed on too hard it can be uncomfortable, a Christmas tree style toothbrush being scraped in the cervical opening feels like menstrual cramps. Back before my hysterectomy I'd feel menstrual cramps and spot blood for the first day afterward.

And if you are really modest it can feel humiliating. Especially if the doctor comes off cold and aloof.
That's very brave to undergo such discomfort.

It's mildly uncomfortable. I'm not embarrassed or anything like that, though. For some reason the pap smear always makes me bleed, even though it doesn't really even hurt.

Reactions: ronin001

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm not modest at all but I can certainly understand how some women would dread this exam. Many women specifically select female gynos bc the invasion by a man is too humiliating.

It bothered me the first time. After that it was just another exam.

I never felt pain, but discomfort? Yes! The pressure of the speculum opening made me feel like I had gas or tummy cramp.

To me the worst part was when the Dr lubed up his fingers and performed the anal exam. It was terribly uncomfortable and embarrassing.

After I had my baby I lost all sense of modesty with my gyn Dr. After all.... he'd seen it all.

Reactions: 950483 and ronin001

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me the worst part was when the Dr lubed up his fingers and performed the anal exam. It was terribly uncomfortable and embarrassing.
I don't think that was very right. I've also created a thread in Ask a Woman asking whether they did anal exams or not and 99% of women told me they didn't because that's not part of gyno's expertise, but proctologist.

I try to imagine what it must be like from the doctor's point of view, and make it less awkward and embarrassing for them. Of course they don't really want to see my vagina for any other reason than to help me out.

Years ago I used to struggle with examinations of this sort because of ptsd, so I can understand that some women do find it traumatic. For me the ptsd was the problem, rather than the examinations, and I have no problem with it now.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
opening made me feel like I had gas or tummy cramp.To me the worst part was when the Dr lubed up his fingers and performed the anal exam. It was terribly uncomfortable and embarrassing..

Did he discuss this prior to? I'm assuming so...

I don't think that was very right. I've also created a thread in Ask a Woman asking whether they did anal exams or not and 99% of women told me they didn't because that's not part of gyno's expertise, but proctologist.
That might depend on what the problem was. Perhaps if the woman had a fistula or something?

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Then wouldn't it be right to prescript her to see a proctologist?

Not necessarily.

Proctologist is an outdated term. It's a general surgeon or gastroenterologist that deals with any part of the digestive tract from the throat to the Anus. A gynecologist would likely refer the patient to one of these types of doctors if there are issues isolated to that area.

Reactions: 950483

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not necessarily.

Proctologist is an outdated term. It's a general surgeon or gastroenterologist that deals with any part of the digestive tract from the throat to the Anus. A gynecologist would likely refer the patient to one of these types of doctors if there are issues isolated to that area.
Gotcha.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My gyno is a beautiful lady who has come to be a close friend. I'm sure to some it might be weird to socialize with your health care provider, I mean she's seen me in some delicate positions, but she's all business in her office but very compassionate.

It may get physically uncomfortable, but I'm never self conscious or embarrassed with her. She's somewhat of a counselor for me, and on more than one occasion I thought about telling her about this site. But thankfully I always think twice! LOL!

It would also give away my secrets! She thinks I'm quite learned in the ways of relationships.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ever sneeze with a speculum in? Change your appointment if you have a head cold.

I'm not bothered by the lady-parts doc. She is this awesome earth hippie momma type who is friendly with doulas and mid-wifery. The right doc goes a long way to making everything comfortable, even a cooter to face conversation. I've had crap docs I've only seen once then checked them off as terrible and to be avoided. People like that can make an eye exam miserable.

The only uncomfortable bit the speculum opening, like, you don't need to crank my jenny so hard. And the scrape for a pap smear. Still, maybe a 3 on the discomfort level?

Breast exams always make me nervous, mostly because I had one way too early in life. Needless to say the idiot performing a breast exam on the 14 year old found something. I spent the next couple weeks convinced I was going to die. The experience sucked hard, but it is why I try to be uber informed about my body and what doctors should be doing in the care of my body.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thread whoring. OP should know how very clinical the vibe is. In you lil paper drape, scooching down endlessly, really, the table has no end. Everything touching your bits is medical grade and oft times chilly. Cold lube on a cold speculum is a gynecological rendition of the Frozen sound track.

Nothing about the physical contact or the interaction is even faintly sexual/sexualized.
This is your vagina in maintenance mode. Recreational vagina-ing is for later.