how big for a magnum

wutdouthink

Experimental Member
Media
How big do you have to be to fit into a trojan mugnum? If anyone has used a magnum before let us guys who haven't get some info before we go and buy them thinking we can fit and have it be too small or big. I personally have never even worn a condom before and was wondering perhaps what size i would buy if i had to. I think a lot of us younger members could use some help in this sort of a situation. Like a chart of some sort that lets us know what size penis fits in what size condom. or even just tell everyone your dimensions and what you by to cover yourself up when going at it. thanks.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm 9 x 6.5. I can squeeze into a Magnum at the risk of it being a little too tight. A Magnum XL fits me like a glove -- no constriction at the base but secure enough to hang on.

I would really take girth into consideration more than length. Condoms are designed with a lot of stretch, so length-wise, you shouldn't have too many problems. I've heard that if you can fit your dick into a toilet paper roll, then you should stick to regular-sized condoms. For us bigger guys who can't fit into one, try a Magnum. If a Magnum is so tight that it makes your erection uncomfortable, try an XL.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank goodness I'm engaged so I don't have to go through this silly business of buying condoms. As DeeBlackthorne has said, a standard latex condom is able to stretch to enormous proportions. I once saw a Comedy Channel program where they showed a cut from and old sex education film from the 1960's. In it a myopic mad scientist put a standard condom atop a broom handle and pulled down to ultimate tension failure at about 2.75 feet, so clearly the issue of condom sizes is more a marketing ploy and appeal to the male ego than ultimate condom strength. That being said, as one extremely long but only a little over 6" in circumference except at the glans, it is not that comfortable to pull on some condom to cover more shaft than is supplied by simply rolling it on.

From time to time condom manufacturers do penis size studies which are rediculous in scientific rational but interesting nevertheless. In 2001 Lifestyles put up a tent somewhere in Cancun and asked for Spring Break volunteers to submit to penile measurements given, hopefully, by a couple of Tampa Bay Buccaneer Cheerleaders dressed as nurses for the occasion. The ultimate scientific value of placing a tape measure along the topside of 301 guys turgid wangers after they had each consumed two gallons of Corona at Carlos & Charlies still eludes me to this day, except that it serves to indicate the powerful potency and sex drive of the twenty-year-old male at .20 or more parts per million.

In the end there does seem to be corporate wisdom in all this condom size bruhaha. When my main squeeze and I last visited a large drugstore chain, we were going down the isle our shopping basket loaded with everything from ant and roach spray to toilet paper. As we reached the area immediately in front of the pharmacy I subconsciously glanced at the large condom display. Sure enough, there appeared to be an acute shortage of Trojan Magnums and especially the latest big boy on the block, the Durex XXL.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
wutdouthink:

Click to >www.Condomania.com?TheyFit< for customized condoms that will make you happy. Their cut out measuring kit is made for finding your Johnson&#39;s exact length and girth. These figures are used to give you the size to order. They&#39;re not cheap, but well worth every penny. Enjoy.

Luke

Mgnums

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RoysToys is right about www.Condomania.com for getting it right the first time. I looked into it makes the most sense. Another useful site if you go the retail route is CondomDepot.com. They&#39;ve got a break down by size, dimensions, style, lubes and more detail than most of us would care to know. They also offer sample packs.

I found the dimensions on the depot site helpful as a guide as to where to start if you plan to buy them locally vs getting a custom fit from Comdomania. It takes alot of guesswork out of what on the wall at your local store. I was in a relationship last year that precipated my learning this, otherwise I&#39;d be asking the same question.

I&#39;ve never been a fan of condoms because they were always too restrictive and uncomfortable. As I came out a relationship I knew I would need to use condoms again and I was not looking forward to it (ahh&#33;). I also knew having a very thick girth and above average length would require something that fit my size (not my ego) if I was going to enjoy sex and be safe.

I agree with DeeBlackthorne in that 6.5" in girth will work for the Magnum XL. I experimented with Durex and others but settled on Magnum XLs in part because I like the lubricant better. BTW, my username is a semi-coincidence, as wine is one of my interests. Hope this helps.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wut, you&#39;ve said you&#39;re fucking your girlfriend, so you definitely should be using condoms.

From your pics, it&#39;s clear you have an incredibly hot cock and healthy body -- let&#39;s keep them both that way.

Magnums will fit you fine. I like the friction in the head of Pleasure Plus condoms better. I am hardly a condom expert, though, and there are plenty of threads here with lots of useful tips on the best rubber for the endowed man.

Buy a couple of different brands and try them out. Ask your girlfriend to put the condom on you: it can be a nice addition to your sex play.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by wutdouthink@Oct 10 2005, 03:21 AM
How big do you have to be to fit into a trojan mugnum? If anyone has used a magnum before let us guys who haven&#39;t  get some info before we go and buy them thinking we can fit and have it be too small or big. I personally have never even worn a condom before and was wondering perhaps what size i would buy if i had to. I think a lot of us younger members could use some help in this sort of a situation. Like a chart of some sort that lets us know what size penis fits in what size condom. or even just tell everyone your dimensions and what you by to cover yourself up when going at it. thanks.
[post=350253]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;m a little below 9x7 and the Magnum XL fits pretty good whenever I wore it. Thumbs up for it. Also agree with Hung_Muscle regarding involving it in your sex play - see if she can put it on with her teeth, or something.

Bruce

vega

1st Like
Media
In regards to condom strength it&#39;s really not true aout it being a marketing ploy. I CAN NOT wear normal condoms. not only are they horribly painful but they last a minute maybe before they snap. You hae to consider a broom handle is very thin and will only stretch the latex length wise. Girth is really the problem.

If a normal condom was girthier I could wear one it just wouldn&#39;t go to the base. Trust me back when I was like 15 and 16 I tried nomal condoms with not one sucess ever. Just so happens magnums fit me pretty much as best as can be expected.

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
Wut:

8 3/4 x 7 here, and Magnum XL fit me fine. I haven&#39;t tried the order to fit ones, but have heard great things about them on this board. In over 30 years of using condoms, I&#39;ve probably had 4 or 5 break on me, including a Magnum XL a couple of weeks ago. It was probably old. I looked down and just had the ring at the bottom on. Thought it felt funny. Had to do some search and rescue to recover the rest of it.

Take care

Ceg

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use Magnums. 9 - 9.5 X 7 at the base and 6 about 1/2 way down. Fits good -- goes on smooth. Reg condoms are hard to put on and it i get into them they just feel too tight. The Magnum is not too tight.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
This whole "stretching" idea is a joke. Condoms do stretch lengthwise, but only with a huge force pulling it down (as in the broomstick example cited above). When you put a condom on your erection are you going to have hundreds of pounds of downward force to ensure it stays "stretched?" Of course not.

Condoms don&#39;t actually stretch lengthwise when unrolled onto a penis. If you&#39;re too long, the condom simply wont cover your entire penis. This, of course, is where larger-size condoms come into play. And no, it&#39;s not just for male ego. Any STD prevention manual will advise that you "unroll the condom so that your penis is COMPLETELY covered." For a regular condom, "too long" is greater than 7 inches.

Girth can also be a problem with condoms, although most condoms actually DO stretch girthwise--they have no choice but to (try and visualize it in your mind). However, even though a standard condom will accomodate the girth of a coke-can, it won&#39;t do so comfortably. Here again is where large condoms come into play.

I personally use Magnum, mostly because of my length. Although my penis is thick enough to meet the "toilet-paper-roll" criteria, and therefore technically mandate a large condom based on girth, length I found is the biggest complication. For the record, I&#39;m 8.5 inches.

Hope that helps.

tristan 12

Experimental Member
Media
It would help for you to try on a few different sizes before your penis gets anywhere near a vagina. If you need length up to 9.5", go with Durex XXL. They&#39;re not quite as thick as magnums or mag XLs but they&#39;re an inch and a half longer.

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Sorcerer@Oct 11 2005, 04:45 AM
In high school health class we once got a regular Trojan lubricated with a res tip around a watermelon...very slowly.
[post=350488]Quoted post[/post]​

just because it can fit, doesn&#39;t mean it is comfortable on you.

Reactions: JockFull

B_duracock9x6

Experimental Member
Media
I to am 8.5 -- 9 in length and 6.25 in girth and I prefer the magnum xl they are very comfy and the thing I like most is I dont have to stretch them to put them on. mr whatdouthink I checked your pics out in gallery I saw the one with tape measure on it you being a soild 7 inches in circum you should go for the magnum xl, and as a side not I dont know your age but if you never used a condom before practice a few times before the real thing. BTW the biggest reason I like the magnum xl is the resevoir tip is big and I cum a very very large volume ( imagine the face king videos in the gallery) I cum that cum but mine is twice as thick as his. So in short buy magnums like Dee said if your bigger arond than the tube toilet paper is wrapped on you will like the feel.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I said in a previous post, thank goodness I&#39;m engaged. To clarify the Comedy Channel out-take, no human cock head could possibly stand the psi load of a condom stretched over two-and-a-half feet. Science dude with the Mt. Palomar strength glasses had his full weight pulling down on the condom, and had he released it prior to static failure the thing would have flown off like a missile (Iraqi insurgents take note.)

No man, certainly of the penile sizes on this board, want their sex organ to feel like a choked chicken.

Reactions: Thedrewbert

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I echo the idea that girth is the issue here.

Always had a love/hate relationship with condoms. On the one hand, I&#39;ve been manic about protection (clean freak&#33;), but on the other, I hated the tightness and restriction of standard condoms. When I first became sexually active, the only local options for condoms where standard, and while I have only average length, my above-average girth (proportion freak&#33;) always caused problems for me with condom comfort (and other areas)--always felt I was having to struggle to stay erect with standard condoms squeezing the life out of me. Horrible.

The Magnum XL is the only one I&#39;ve tried that I could say was comfortable (OK, sort of comfortable).

Why couldn&#39;t we have had these when I was younger?

At any rate, it&#39;s definitely worth the effort to find the condom that works for YOU. Otherwise you&#39;ll be tempted to not use one at all and THAT&#39;S just stupid in a lot of cases.

dfox7.3x5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am not huge (note my moniker) but I find Magnum XLs are the only comfortable condoms. Tight enough to stay on but not strangling. My buddy whose dick is quite a bit larger uses regular condoms. I don&#39;t see how he can stand them.

14x8thck

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS AND REALLY WANT TO FIND THE PERFECT FIT AND HAVE THE TIME TO INVEST CONDOMANIA IS A SUPERB RESOURCE FOR PERFEDT FIT CONDOMS. LET THE WIZARD DO THE WORK. BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY ORDER CONSIDER ALL FACTORS THEY ASK YOU&#33;

:bounce: