How big is your kitchen?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The kitchen is 7 feet by 4 feet. The lineup when entering is (right to left) stove, counter top, sink. The refrigerator is an under the counter model which is more than enough for 1 or 2 people (amazing how much fits in there) and has a small freezer section (which must be defrosted) which can hold 10 pints of ice cream and 2 trays of ice cubes). There is also a small 20 inch by 13 inch indent at the far left of the kitchen where there are shelves.

The stove-4 burners-is gas, a Royal Rose made god knows when, it was old when I got here about 30 years ago.

There is a passthrough window from the kitchen to the main apartment, with a counter which makes an ideal place for 2 to sit and eat. (no outside window in the kitchen, just a vent)

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I read somewhere that "kitchen" was used as a code word meaning butt-hole, and when a guy said he was cleaning his kitchen, meant he was douching for anal sex...

Just telling ya what I heard. and that would put a whole diff slant on this thread

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It depends on the piping. There's a little adapter that controls the flow of gas and sometimes idiot installers leave on (or take off) the adapter. You use the adapter for LP but not for gas. That may have been left on or, simply, you need greater flow capacity. It's also possible that a pipe inside the stove may have gotten crimped or dented during installation or even at the factory.

Generally you can adjust the pilot light yourself. It's generally a set screw on the gas valve regulator.
Download the manual for your stove..its not that difficult.

YOu don't want a huge pilot, nor too small.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Generally you can adjust the pilot light yourself. It's generally a set screw on the gas valve regulator.
Download the manual for your stove..its not that difficult.

YOu don't want a huge pilot, nor too small.

uh, my stove was built post civil war, it has an electronic igniter

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, my house is large and it is white, so I guess you could say I live in 'a' White House.

But that old flip-flop wearin' windbag, NudeYorker, has got me beat by 25 square feet. A pox on his kitchen!
Well from one windbag to another, if it's any consolation to you I have about 20 square feet of wasted space since I put in an island and wanted an unobstructed wall of sliding glass doors. But since it's a newly renovated kitchen and under warranty I hope the pox will find anther kitchen to plague. But I am excited about this kitchen however I will miss cooking with gas. I have the Wolf glass cooktop, and two ovens and two oven warming drawers, a Sub Zero and two Miele dishwashers (helpful during the holidays and dinner parties) My favorite feature about this kitchen is it has hidden garage door cabinets under one wall of the overhead cabinets that open to all of the small appliances that roll out already plugged in and ready to use.
Don't wish him Kitchen Pox. :frown1::eek:
I don't have time for the Kitchen Pox, thank you!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does an outdoor BBQ area count, because if it does, we are in a whole different size game?

If that's the case then we have an new ball game indeed, because I have an outdoor kitchen for my grilling area.(Grill, Stove top, refrigerator, and sink)
Maybe we need to start LKSG The Large Kitchen Support Group. Sorry if it sounds like I'm gloating but I am loving my kitchen after cooking in small lack luster kitchens while living in NYC.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well from one windbag to another, if it's any consolation to you I have about 20 square feet of wasted space since I put in an island and wanted an unobstructed wall of sliding glass doors. But since it's a newly renovated kitchen and under warranty I hope the pox will find anther kitchen to plague. But I am excited about this kitchen however I will miss cooking with gas. I have the Wolf glass cooktop, and two ovens and two oven warming drawers, a Sub Zero and two Miele dishwashers (helpful during the holidays and dinner parties) My favorite feature about this kitchen is it has hidden garage door cabinets under one wall of the overhead cabinets that open to all of the small appliances that roll out already plugged in and ready to use.

I don't have time for the Kitchen Pox, thank you!

Well from one windbag to another
I resemble that remark.

My favorite feature about this kitchen is it has hidden garage door cabinets under one wall of the overhead cabinets that open to all of the small appliances that roll out already plugged in and ready to use.
That I would like to see!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well from one windbag to another
I resemble that remark.

My favorite feature about this kitchen is it has hidden garage door cabinets under one wall of the overhead cabinets that open to all of the small appliances that roll out already plugged in and ready to use.
That I would like to see!

Be careful what you wish for, I'll e-mail you photos, or you can come over and help cook!

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If that's the case then we have an new ball game indeed, because I have an outdoor kitchen for my grilling area.(Grill, Stove top, refrigerator, and sink)
Maybe we need to start LKSG The Large Kitchen Support Group. Sorry if it sounds like I'm gloating but I am loving my kitchen after cooking in small lack luster kitchens while living in NYC.

That's a great idea. Plus, finally a Large Support group I can fit right in :smile:

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Be careful what you wish for, I'll e-mail you photos, or you can come over and help cook!

It's a deal. I'll show you mine if you show me yours :biggrin1:

I'll head over your way someday to test drive your kitchen. I make a mean osso bucco and cassoulet. I have a 400 bottle wine cellar, so I'll bring the wine!