How big to fill up a Magnum XL?

C

coltonaustin1995

Well, I'm 8 x 5.5 so I don't know; would it be too big?

blarg999

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 8x6 and I use Magnums. They're mostly ok, but I was wondering if there was any real difference between them and the XLs. Something I've been wanting to find out for a while but haven't.

eorpach

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
American condom sizes are restricted by US law. In Europe we can get much bigger (i.e. wider) condoms than you, for example: MySize Condoms or TheyFit

I've tried both Magnum XL and MySize; the latter are most definitely a better fit for guys with lots of extra girth (and/or lots of foreskin which you want to be able to roll back and forth when inside a condom). I would pick MySize Condoms every time over the restrictive girth of Magnum XLs.

As a side-question - does anybody know why it is that US law limits the maximum size (i.e. girth) of american-sold condoms?

Last edited:

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
American condom sizes are restricted by US law. In Europe we can get much bigger (i.e. wider) condoms than you, for example: MySize Condoms or TheyFit

I've tried both Magnum XL and MySize; the latter are most definitely a better fit for guys with lots of extra girth (and/or lots of foreskin which you want to be able to roll back and forth when inside a condom). I would pick MySize Condoms every time over the restrictive girth of Magnum XLs.

As a side-question - does anybody know why it is that US law limits the maximum size (i.e. girth) of american-sold condoms?
Because too many guys think they have a large penis so it falls off their micro size penis = chick gets prego or STI or gets "lost"

also recently shrink the size of Magnum XLs. it has a even tighter fit
the thins seem to have less tightness for me.

only thing they made bigger was the packaging

It's just a Ego trip or novelty carrying one around now days.
as you can see it fits nicely in my hand

Attachments

Last edited:

elvid

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Her ex obviously filled up a Magnum XL (whom she broke up with like a week ago - im a rebound which is okay - she is hot). How big do you need to be to fill one up? And how does that compare to by size of 5.5 x 5.5 (see profile pics)?? This is a serious inquiry.

Different condom sizes are all about girth, and not really anything to do with length. So, don't assume he "filled" up the length of the condom - the idea is you just unroll them enough for your length.

Magnum XLs are 2.3" (58mm) wide, with the width at the "head" being 2.6" (65mm). They're a pretty good size for guys with a girth of 5.5" and over... Remember, a girth of 5.5" is quite rare - 9 out of 10 guys are smaller than that.

For guys with larger girths than 5.5" (say closer to 6") there are more specialized condom manufacturers that make condoms that are wider than Magnum XLs eg MySize condoms MYSIZE, your perfect size condom

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Different condom sizes are all about girth, and not really anything to do with length. So, don't assume he "filled" up the length of the condom - the idea is you just unroll them enough for your length.

Magnum XLs are 2.3" (58mm) wide, with the width at the "head" being 2.6" (65mm). They're a pretty good size for guys with a girth of 5.5" and over... Remember, a girth of 5.5" is quite rare - 9 out of 10 guys are smaller than that.

For guys with larger girths than 5.5" (say closer to 6") there are more specialized condom manufacturers that make condoms that are wider than Magnum XLs eg MySize condoms MYSIZE, your perfect size condom

yeah I can't afford those

Magnum thins tend to fit the best for me and feel better

Magnum xl have a plastic bag texture to them

Magnum thins feel like they have more stretch to them compared to the xl's

Even with the Euro collapsing it's still expensive per comdom. and puts it at 1$ per condom with import charges and shipping fees

Last edited:

blarg999

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Thank you

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I'm 5.5, and haven't noticed much of a difference between Lifestyles Ultra and Trojan Magnums. The Magnums are a bit wider but still pretty tight.

I looked up the sizing, and a Magnum XL is the same width at the base as a Magnum (2.13").

RigidDreamer

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, I always hate to be THAT guy, but...
How sensitive are guys generally that condom size is a huge issue?

Whatever the basic size is that they give out at college functions has always worked for me. :p

And if all shoes were size 10, most guys would fit semi-okay. But a prominent minority of guys have bigger (or smaller) feet, and they shouldn't be forced to suffer with ill-fitting shoes.

If the standard size works for you, that's great. But it's a fallacy to conclude that you're representative of all men.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Whatever the basic size is that they give out at college functions has always worked for me. :p

standard comdoms are for guys in the 4.5" girthrange how will that fit a guy in the 6" girth range

I meant for girth

average8224

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

justMichael- I would love for you to put on a regular condom and post a pic for non-golds. That would look amazing.

1Cody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
She's giving it to you, so why worry about finding the Magnums? Personally if I was your size, I wouldn't do to myself what you are doing and that is comparing. You will only make yourself unhappy and feel unworthy or less than. When it comes to penis size, that is only one part of the equation for satisfaction with the relationship. I quit a FB about 7 years ago because even though his dick was 7.5 x 6 he was exactly that. He is a Dick. His personality sucks, his vindictiveness and everything about him is venomous. Meanwhile, I met a guy that is everything that the first one isn't and after all these years he is here with me now and sleeping in my bed. His cock is probably 5.5 x 5 but he is fun to be with and he makes sex fun. I appreciate him. He knows that I appreciate him and he really appreciates me. I did choose him over the other guy a long time ago. So quit torturing yourself.

blarg999

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because the last time I tried on a standard condom it felt like it was squeezing the life out of my dick.

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'm old enough to remember when there were no "larger sized" condoms, outside of the sheep's gut ones, which didn't protect against STDs (and came in the most infuriatingly difficult to open containers). Not only were regular condoms so tight as to eliminate a lot of sensation while fucking (I'm 6" around), but they sort of deformed the head into more of a cone shape, and they would often break on me after the 30 minute point. To be honest, given their unreliability and loss of sensation, I pretty much stopped using condoms for several years. I can't tell you how glad I was when Magnums and then Magnum XLs finally started showing up at the local pharmacy.

Now a point to the original poster, just in case he ever reads this now ancient thread: not all women enjoy extra big cocks. Some don't enjoy being extremely stretch by girth and especially by depth, particularly if the man is only thinking about his own pleasure and/or doesn't have some extra lube with him. I've slept with an uncomfortably large number of women over the years and have had to moderate my own physical motions (and pleasure) with the vast majority of them, else cause them pain. Be happy that your partner enjoys what you bring to the boudoir and stop obsessing that she's had someone bigger. Without skill and caring, bigger is seldom better for any women, and critically so with some.

eorpach

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

It's a perfectly reasonable question. Until not that long ago I didn't think it was a huge issue for me (I'm over 6" girth).

That was until I came to the conclusion that off-the-shelf condoms were a major reason as to why I was going limp the moment I put on a condom. In fact, it was only when a capillary on my cock burst whilst I was wearing a condom that I got motivated enough to do some research and I realised that I was wearing a condom-equivalent of a shoe several times to small. In my ignorance I actually thought all condone were basically the same. I also thought that they had more to do with length than girth...

Happily I now purchase MySize Condoms 64/69 from Amazon UK, and haven't looked back since. A straight friend with big girth is also very grateful for the fact that I shared this experience with him.