Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I don't know how your confidence is displayed unless women literally have a sixth sense to detect that in a guy."

This

Most women are grandmasters of the art of bodylanguage.

And looks will only take you so far, it's not the cause but the effect of who you are as a person, when you are confident, cocky and carefree you will dress, walk and act on it.

as for casual professional, this should give a general idea.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2011/04/farrell-night/colin-farrell-night-on-town-01.jpg
http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-details/WhiteShirt_opener_Blog.jpg

thebesthotsex

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The greatest lesson I learned on hooking up came when I was a freshman in college and went to the gym on campus for the first time. I was naive, puny, and very awkward at that point. I had no idea how to use the exercise equipment and would blatantly get laughed at by other guys while trying to figure out the ropes. That first day, I was using a weight lifting machine for leg lifts and was getting the crap made fun out of me til this one guy came over and showed me how to use it. Fate would have it that this guy actually became a good acquaintance. To say the least, he was hot and bulked up and during any given time of the day you'd see 1 chick on his arm. We had biology class together and you could tell he wasn't the brightest of students since he was probably always in the gym (don't mean to be stereotypical but that was probably the case). I used to study in glass room in the library with a few friends and the day before our biology midterm, he walked in the room and started asking me a few questions about the material while I was waiting for my friends to arrive. So I helped him out a bit since he was so kind to come to my rescue at the gym. Then he asked me how I was doing at the gym. I laughed and said I'd given up out of embarrassment. He told me I shouldn't feel the least bit self-conscious because at one point, every guy that has ever entered a gym looked just like me. Then he asked me how I expect to get laid in college if I don't look good? The way he explained it to me was that girls love to take care of themselves, pamper themselves, get their hair done, nails done, work out, etc...so they like guys who do the same for themselves. It was kind of like a revelatory moment for me. He told me to start doing aerobic and cardio exercises by myself first outside of the gym like running, jumping jacks, etc...to burn whatever flab I had and to get me to a decent point where I wouldn't feel like everyone at the gym was staring at me. Then he gave me the mother load: he told me to lose my glasses, shave every day, get my eyebrows waxed, suggested some good clothing stores. I don't know if I should have been offended or grateful at that moment, but I will tell you that I followed ALL his recommendations through the years and cannot tell you how much healthier, confident, and energized I feel. I didn't realize how much better I looked from wearing contact lenses, shaving my face everyday, getting my eyebrows trimmed, a haircut every 2 weeks, changing my wardrobe, wearing cologne, using teeth whitener...and the big one: dieting & exercising. Of course I didn't do these things all at once, but every time I made a change, my female friends definitely starting noticing me. When I stopped wearing glasses, I got compliments that I look much better without them. When I started shaving daily, one of my female friends came up to me, squeezed my cheeks and told me "I love your baby-butt smooth cheeks" and wouldn't stop gloating about them. When I started wearing nicer clothes, they'd ask me what brand I was wearing (they notice name brands). When I started wearing cologne, they'd always tell me how good I smelled. I can go on and on, but women really notice this stuff. And the key is that Women REALLY start to notice you without you doing anything. If all you want to do is hookup, this is the route you will have to go. Of course you can land any skeezy chick, but if you want the best, you have to look your best. If you want to land a pretty looking chick at the club, there has to be something distinct about you. The ratio of women to men obviously doesn't leave enough women for the men, so if you look good, they will instantly grapple on to you. Even the disgusting chicks want a good looking guy. I have to disagree with WhiteMonst3r because not everyone has that carefree, confident cockiness. For me it was much easier to change my physical appearance then my persona. I've met many cocky guys that look like crap and are reviled by women.

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Great advice, and I agree with your disagreement, for me I've always had most succes when I was oblivious and carefree so that's what I incorporated but one should find their own strengths and weaknesses and exploit them.

I wish some of this stuff was tought to us or told to us by the girls we encountered but that's what's going to seperate the men from the boys, being able to understand and pick things up on your own.

If it wasn't for the internet I'd probably still be writing poems and trying to be a good friend and all to get a girl to like me.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@thebesthotsex: Well, I think I take care of myself pretty well (I don't actually keep a goatee, by the way, but you can't see the scruff along and under my jaw that was also there in that picture, all I did was get rid of the hair on my cheeks and got rid of the few whiskers that currently make up my moustache) - and now I shave off all facial hair for my job, anyway.

I think I have great hygiene, anyway. Waxing eyebrows is a bit too much for me, but I know of the two-finger rule, where the space between your eyebrows sould be the length of two fingertips (not too close together, not too far apart). I didn't see the need to do that, though, and I don't have bushy eyebrows. I keep my teeth clean and manage to keep them straight, I don't have bad breath and I certainly don't have BO.

The only physical issue with myself I can think of is my weight (among other things I don't really have control over), and hopefully losing the extra pounds can help with my confidence. I don't feel comfortable to give my numbers on here yet, but I'll say that I have lost 60 pounds since I started losing weight (kind of sad to think about how far I let myself go in my life, but I'm trying to change that now). But you have to understand how I work - once I start a job, I don't stop until I finish it. And like I said, I haven't achieved the image I'm working for. It's hard for me to explain... I see the progress of the job, but I don't consider it good enough until it's finished.

So... I feel like there's been some improvement with my confidence, overall. It's just apparently not enough of an improvement.

thebesthotsex

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You're still a work in progress, we all are. I wasn't specifically talking about your appearance cuz I have no idea how you look, I was just talking about my own transformation...but the point I was trying to make is that if all you are looking to do is hookup, then appearance is everything. It might sound vain, but then again, so is hooking up. In the heat of the moment, especially if you're clubbing, girls don't want to have sex with the sweet poetic gentleman with the 4.0 gpa--they want to screw the best looking thing in the vicinity that locks eyes with theirs. If you're looking for a relationship then you don't even need brawn because there's really someone out there for everyone. Did you ever consider the fact that you might prefer a relationship over hooking up? For a girl that is content with who you are and not necessarily what you look like? Foremost, your transformation should be for yourself and not for the sole reason of getting laid. It's a good motivation but I think you'll appreciate it more if you do it for yourself than for some chick you'll probably never see for more than a few hours. Whatever your motives may be, don't be discouraged...like my good acquaintance told me, at one point, every person in the gym was either puny or plump. Until you reach your desired goal, I wouldn't set the bar so high for the women though. This is about you, not about them. You don't need their validation to know that you look good or feel good.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, after last year I had definitely considered that I might be better for a relationship. And I probably am. But... I don't think I want the commitment. I am just looking for sex.

Losing weight initially didn't have anything to do with it - that was just to make a change in my life and become healthier. It iust seems like it has more to do with this than I originally thought, but yeah it is more motivation for me.