How come forums contain more liberals than the general population does?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_superlarge, Jan 20, 2008.

1. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Percentage wise forums have a vast majority of liberals. Explanation?

2. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

obviously... they have big cocks!:smile:

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think that LPSG is populated by too many right wing conservatives!
    but I could be wrong

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Maybe they don't - maybe an awful lot of the people who just nod their heads and say very little when right wing conservatives go off on one are actually far more liberal in their opinions but chose not to debate publically. Whereas online 'publically' means a very different thing.

Just a theory.

5. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because internet forums involve two skills. Reading and writing.

6. B_CBTallthetime

B_CBTallthetime New Member

People can believe what they want - life is more complex than the simple labels.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Conservatives need less support.

8. Northland

Gold Member

Just this one or all boards? In general it comes down to the average conservative minded person not allowing their energies to be depleted by typing messages with others which; from what I have seen on both this and other boards, essentially add up to, slapping fellow posters on the back if they agree and virulently attacking those who don't.
    Conservatives tend not to play those games. They lay down the facts (either real or just as they see them) and then move on. Liberals like showing off whatever knowledge they may have (or what they often just think they have) and having their collective body parts kissed, stroked, sucked, etc. etc. Conservatives prefer to do that type of thing privately while whoring not to get caught. Um, I meant HOPING not to get caught.

9. OldPArtner

OldPArtner New Member

Have you seen the YTMND forums? I guess you should tell them they need to learn how to read and write over there...

Anyway, I suspect it's because Internet users tend to be young, and young people tend to be liberal, also the real backwards types are even afraid of the Internets.

10. midlifebear

Gold Member

First, exactly what are these wise general percentages of which you speak, substantiated how and by whom?

Secondly, to paraphrase Charleton Heston, "You won't repeal my right to bear my uncircumsized cock until you pull my foreskin from my cold, bloody, dead hand!"

By the way, Ann Coulter is a member of LPSG. :firedevil::AR15firing:

11. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I think it depends on the board. I've been to boards that were overrun with conservatives who tried to shout down anyone who dared disagree with them.

I've seen this sort of behaviour from both sides of the political spectrum. I'd venture to say that there are plenty more namecalling trolls on the conservative side, but that may be a matter of perception.

12. JustAsking

Gold Member

superlarge,
    This is a very interesting observation. I would like to know more about why you feel this way. What makes you think this is true? How would you identify a liberal on a forum? Is it by ideology or by their professed support for a particular candidate?

13. D_Tintagel_Demondong

So true! Conservatives seem to be more interested in their own ideal WASPy world than going online to a forum where they risk being exposed to reality.

14. snoozan

Gold Member

i know some scary conservative venues online. i think it's got to be where you're looking.

15. OldPArtner

OldPArtner New Member

^I think they leak a lot and that's where most of the prominent conservatives are based; I mean who else would seriously use the phrase "massive non-white immigration into white Western countries" as either a reality or a problem?

Still, yeah it's a good idea to check out Stormfront, VNN, and the like, just to see what kind of dirt they unintentionally dig up on folks like Ron Paul.

Oh plz tell me her username, that way I can call on my personal army...uhh I mean /b/ to have their way with her.

16. midlifebear

Gold Member

Question: How can you tell who is the bride at a WASP wedding?
    Answer: She's the one dressed in white.

17. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Last time I checked, I saw that conservatives took a dim view of sex in many forms. Considering the impeachment of Bill Clinton had nothing to do with Whitewater, but his getting a blow job, I can only conclude that Republicans were damn envious.

Also, the right wing gets its information from fat over weight lip flapping talk show hosts who have never had real jobs, have never been in the military and have been married several times. People who listen to the radio for all that talk have no time to read.

I've seen them Rush Limbaugh books in Goodwill. They look like they've never been read. They sell on Amazon.con for upwards to a penny.

I previously mentioned people voting Republican because their parents did so, and their parents before then. Breaking from the mold takes ideas and thinking and inner strength.

18. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Well, if you're correct about many conservatives taking a dim view on sex then that would explain why I've noticed so many liberals at LPSG and a couple of other sexually based forums.

I'm on the conservative side of the line (not way way out to the right though) but I still agree Rush Limbaugh is a dumbass.

"Breaking from the mold", "ideas". How so? More taxes, more government, and political correctness pushing doesn't make for original ideas. Seems to me liberals tend to lack in ideas. The liberals main base for debating is usually nothing more than disapproval of the conservative ideas that are presented. More taxes and more government programs is about it. That's the liberal solution/idea for just about everything.

19. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    "Breaking from the mold", "ideas". How so? More taxes, more government, and political correctness pushing doesn't make for original ideas>>>

I was writing about what I've noticed about conservative families: they vote Republication as if were an inheirited trait. Breaking from such rubber stamping takes examining ideas, and looking a little bit ahead of what is being said.

You can only prove the validy of a new idea by trying it out.

20. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes you are right. I wouldnt have it any other way. How boring it would be if everyone felt the same way i do. So keep and open mind. You might learn something as i have. If your here to bash them its not a good idea. I will rip you a new asshole Rummy style.:smile::biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted