How come the ladies dont ask questions?

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I hear pretty often from girls that they don't understand men. Frankly I think its pretty simple, we generally say what we mean. Do the women think we are hard to understand or do you already know everything there is to know about us simple men? (sex sex sex sex beer sex sex sex family guy, pizza sex sex sex). lolz.

I say this, because us guys constantly ask questions about you women. We havent a clue and your all so complicated. In your experiences are men pretty simple or do we have some complexities about us also? I wouldn't really know, my relationship experience is very limited. Maybe if I had a good relationship some complex stuff would come out of me.

I think the simple lack of questions from women to men about anything shows that its pretty easy for women. Although, I guess us men have an advantage unless I'm wrong about this. If a man has confidence and whatever other traits, he can get a women, even if he isn't the best looking guy. He can make up for his looks with other things (although I absolutley refuse to believe this, its what I have been taught).

Whereas for women, its actually harder. If a woman is not good looking, there is nothing she can do other than pay thousands of dollars to pay a plastic surgeon to fix her face or suck out all her fat to get with a certain man.

So in summary:

Is this true? Can a man make up for his looks with confidence and other dating skills and other traits (of which I do not know, so you must forgive me for not listing anything else that is attractive to women other than looks). And how complicated do you think men really are? Can we be complex or are we all just simpletons? ^_^

Edit: sorry if I misspell stuff or have bad grammar, I'm pretty drunk right now, but I think I did a good job of typing this! I hope! lolz.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Frankly, a lot of men I know are lucky to be married. The women put up with such shallowness that it must be just for creature comforts of the carnal kind.

A man so obsessed with sports he makes time with his kids by taking them to baseball games, and they don't like baseball?

As I put on another thread, women discuss themselves with other women, in the company of men, men with drink beer fart and belch. They're easy to amuse.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Men arent complicated but they are frustrating :yup:. If a woman is pissed off she will let you know. If a man is pissed off he will go out with mates to avoid the problem

and yes. Women are much less concerned about how a man looks then the vice versa

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think men have it as easy as you think! The internet is full of boards like this one where men VASTLY outnumber women. Does it sound to you like men can snap their fingers and women come running? I think it's actually the other way round on this, other boards and in life generally. More and more women are choosing not to marry and are choosing not to have a permanent relationship. So these days, there are a lot more single men out there in places. That is the first thing. Second, when relationships break down, women take it badly but men tend to take it worse because they know that there will be another guy along before they can blink. How many stories do you read in the press about men terrorising their former partners (and even killing them) for daring to end a relationship? I know when I split from my ex, he said 'it's alright for you, you will never have a problem finding a guy'. That's been true. In fact, I wear a ring to try and keep them away (it doesn't work! They say things like 'that doesn't bother me! WELL IT BOTHERS ME!!!). Ugly women, fat women, thin women - none of the women I know have remained single after breaking up with a guy and none of them has had to go out and chase down men. The men have generally come to them.

Why do women ask no questions about men? Because men aren't that complicated. But neither are women. Men just think we are! You say men say what they mean. I disagree. They say what they mean so long as they are confident it won't upset the applecart! So, for example, if a guy wants to go play poker and he knows his woman hates him gambling, he will lie about it and will say he is off to watch a game. When the women finds out that a guy is out playing poker a guy will say 'what's the big deal? I was where I said I would be wasn't I?'. The women will say ' yes you were but you lied to me'. The guy will say it's only a game and it is no big deal but when you are in a relationship, one of the critical elements that the two of you must share is an understanding about values (i.e. honesty and integrity amongst other things). If a man lies to a woman about something that he knows she cares about (i.e. a poker game), what else would he lie about? THAT is what a woman would think about. Even though a woman would tell a guy this and explain all this to him, it would go over his head time after time because to him, he only lied about what he was doing (i.e. a game of poker) and what's the big deal anyway? He just wouldn't get the rest.

This is the sort of thing that leads men to say they don't get women. A poker game is no big deal. What they would not understand is the poker game is symbolic. The fight is really about undermining the relationship structure. What many men don't understand is the importance of the structures that need to be in place AND MAINTAINED to keep a relationship going. Women understand this, which is why we don't need to ask any questions about men. Instead, if a guy is behaving in a way that is contrary to maintaining the integrity of the structure of the relationship (i.e if they take the piss once too often), we move on to the next guy and chalk it up to experience.

vanessa83

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
ladies do ask questions, but blokes generally lie to us anyway, especially if they tell yuo they are single and then you find out they are not, they avoid that 'why did you lie to me' question, so i personally dont see the point in asking questions, coz you will get told a load of tosh

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Saying that certain flaws can be covered up by certain attributes implies that there's an arbitrary points system. Calculating a relationship is a sure-fire way to ruin it. So anybody who believes that this can be done, especially if they have any detail to their system, isn't anybody you want to seek relationship advice from. The only thing they're an expert on is making themselves miserable.

Men arent complicated but they are frustrating :yup:. If a woman is pissed off she will let you know. If a man is pissed off he will go out with mates to avoid the problem

and yes. Women are much less concerned about how a man looks then the vice versa

And there are men who would say the same with the roles reversed.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, in the nearly 2 years I've been a member here, I have asked many questions, have received much valuable/useful information, some worthless crap, and I continue to use this board as a resource as well as source of entertainment!

In general, women tend to be 'talkers', as well as somewhat emotionally intuitive. Many men are as well, but not so many choose to enhance the skill constructively. More often, men are 'doers' and 'fixers'. For example- I discuss with a female friend a problem I am having with editing a photo, or document, or whatever. She commiserates, relates similar problem perhaps, and makes all the appropriate "I know what ya mean" noises. I discuss same issue with male, he offers solutions immediately, usually. But, um.. I didn't even ask for a solution. I just was talking.
well anyway thats how I see the gender differences sometimes.:rolleyes:

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yea women are way more complicated and they talk too much about everything . Silence actually intimidates women . Men are really simple beasts .

mcrw

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personality really goes a long way! That's how you reel us in, but chemistry needs to be there too. It can be the way you smell, the way you kiss, the way you make us feel like we are the prettiest girl in the room, etc.
I don't think my husband is the handsomest man in the world, (don't get me wrong, he's not unattractive and has has really nice muscles!) but he has that special something that has kept me intereseted, entertained, and challenged. And.... he's really good in bed! So, I overlook quite a lot!

Number 51

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In general, women tend to be 'talkers', as well as somewhat emotionally intuitive. Many men are as well, but not so many choose to enhance the skill constructively. More often, men are 'doers' and 'fixers'. For example- I discuss with a female friend a problem I am having with editing a photo, or document, or whatever. She commiserates, relates similar problem perhaps, and makes all the appropriate "I know what ya mean" noises. I discuss same issue with male, he offers solutions immediately, usually. But, um.. I didn't even ask for a solution. I just was talking.

This is the "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing that has made John Gray so much money over the years. Men communicate to share information; women communicate to share feelings. That's why, when you relate your editing problem to a man, he immediately assumes that you are providing information so as to find a solution to it. Men don't "just" talk; they talk with a specific purpose in mind. Talking "just to talk" seems to men to be utterly pointless. Conversely, to women this trait makes men seem utterly unfeeling, because men don't recognize the emotional content of women's conversations.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think men have it as easy as you think! The internet is full of boards like this one where men VASTLY outnumber women. Does it sound to you like men can snap their fingers and women come running? I think it's actually the other way round on this, other boards and in life generally. More and more women are choosing not to marry and are choosing not to have a permanent relationship. So these days, there are a lot more single men out there in places. That is the first thing. Second, when relationships break down, women take it badly but men tend to take it worse because they know that there will be another guy along before they can blink. How many stories do you read in the press about men terrorising their former partners (and even killing them) for daring to end a relationship? I know when I split from my ex, he said 'it's alright for you, you will never have a problem finding a guy'. That's been true. In fact, I wear a ring to try and keep them away (it doesn't work! They say things like 'that doesn't bother me! WELL IT BOTHERS ME!!!). Ugly women, fat women, thin women - none of the women I know have remained single after breaking up with a guy and none of them has had to go out and chase down men. The men have generally come to them.

Why do women ask no questions about men? Because men aren't that complicated. But neither are women. Men just think we are! You say men say what they mean. I disagree. They say what they mean so long as they are confident it won't upset the applecart! So, for example, if a guy wants to go play poker and he knows his woman hates him gambling, he will lie about it and will say he is off to watch a game. When the women finds out that a guy is out playing poker a guy will say 'what's the big deal? I was where I said I would be wasn't I?'. The women will say ' yes you were but you lied to me'. The guy will say it's only a game and it is no big deal but when you are in a relationship, one of the critical elements that the two of you must share is an understanding about values (i.e. honesty and integrity amongst other things). If a man lies to a woman about something that he knows she cares about (i.e. a poker game), what else would he lie about? THAT is what a woman would think about. Even though a woman would tell a guy this and explain all this to him, it would go over his head time after time because to him, he only lied about what he was doing (i.e. a game of poker) and what's the big deal anyway? He just wouldn't get the rest.

This is the sort of thing that leads men to say they don't get women. A poker game is no big deal. What they would not understand is the poker game is symbolic. The fight is really about undermining the relationship structure. What many men don't understand is the importance of the structures that need to be in place AND MAINTAINED to keep a relationship going. Women understand this, which is why we don't need to ask any questions about men. Instead, if a guy is behaving in a way that is contrary to maintaining the integrity of the structure of the relationship (i.e if they take the piss once too often), we move on to the next guy and chalk it up to experience.

^^^ :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: What she said.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Sassy -- I do that all the time when I'm talking to women -- offer solutions. I even do it when I know they don't want solutions, they just want to be listened to. But I can't help myself. Especially when the women are crying. I hate to hear them in so much despair, and I'm like ... "I know what to do! I can fix that! Just let me do x, y and z, and in 20 minutes your problem will be a distant memory and you can stop crying!"

Somehow my mind cannot compute the fact that someone could be in distress and yet not want the cause of their distress to be removed. Although I know that often that is indeed the case.