How common are jelly-strands in cum?

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been clear chunks and strings of jelly with my semen for as long as I could ejaculate. Some places say it's natural, some say it's caused by dehydration (I hydrate well, though.). Anyway, this isn't a problem for me, as I can feel them in my semen as they are coming out... and the orgasm is amazing, compared to the rare times I don't make strings. They also add to the visual volume, as they are displacing the liquid portion quite a bit and are very large (about 2-3/8ths of an inch long on average with the thickness a bit less than the bar on a cotton swab) and numerous. The only thing that's bad about them is that they act like glue, sticking it anything (including skin) when they are seperated from the semen (like when rubbed off with a towel).

My concern is this: People that I talk to about this seem to have never heard of anything like this before. I'd say maybe about 5% of the people I've told about this knew about what I was talking about beforehand. Is it really so rare? Or do people just not look at their cum enough? Does anyone else here make Royal Jelly (TM) (yes, I'm "trademarking" it XD, lol.)?

goldeneye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't know (and don't believe so...if there's any difference at all, I'd imagine that's more a mental thing) but I shoot a fair amount of "jelly strings" (god, I'm in LOVE with that term!), and TONS of them when I'm seriously worked up or haven't shot off in a long time. There's a small-to-moderate amount of chunks usually, but again, in extreme cases there can be more...but there are never as many of those as I wish there were. They feel great coming out (though the strings feel AMAZING), but visually there is almost nothing hotter to me than a thick, REALLY chunky load of semen. Oh my god. I envy you hardcore.

Reactions: Damon1995

milwjocknow

Cherished Member
Media
i used to get those strands that were so thick and heavy that after i would cum, i could literally pull them out of my dick. . . i could feel them stretching all the way down my urethra, like i was pulling a rubber worm out of my dick. it was awesome. wish i knew what caused that so i could still do it!

Reactions: Damon1995

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well let me put it to you this way..when i was YOUR age..it was a lot more common for mine to be jelly like...in fact, my wife loves the thick stuff..but unfortunately, as we get older..I think it thins out a little. She used to tell me that she couild tell if I Had had sex somewhere else...because it wasnt as thick... funny tho...I never had sex anywhere else...LOL...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends on arousal, diet, fluid intake etc. I masturbate a lot cos of this one sexy girl...heh.

Anyway the first wank will generally be thicker and they will get thinner thereafter and at round 3 or so it might just look like water coming out.

Generally I think the more fluid you drink the more fluid your cum will be. Also I think if you save up/don't wank for awhile your cum will be thicker too.

It's normal and 'normal' is quite a large range, yellow and brown semen are still normal. The only time you have to worry is if you pass blood in your ejaculate or experience pain when cumming.

I wouldn't worry about. This BTW is a summary of what I remember from The Ultimate Male Masturbation Resource

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It depends on arousal, diet, fluid intake etc. I masturbate a lot cos of this one sexy girl...heh.

Anyway the first wank will generally be thicker and they will get thinner thereafter and at round 3 or so it might just look like water coming out.

Generally I think the more fluid you drink the more fluid your cum will be. Also I think if you save up/don't wank for awhile your cum will be thicker too.

It's normal and 'normal' is quite a large range, yellow and brown semen are still normal. The only time you have to worry is if you pass blood in your ejaculate or experience pain when cumming.

I wouldn't worry about. This BTW is a summary of what I remember from The Ultimate Male Masturbation Resource

That summary talks about semen consistancy. I'm talking about actual solids inside the semen. This isn't a worry for me. I'm asking about the rarity of the occurence I posted about. Also, I miss your cute avatar! ;p

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't see any problem. I used to have them in my teens and 20s. The texture of the fluids that make up semen and the other glands, I am sure change as we age.

I think they are kind of hot. Enjoy the volume and the mess. Your not doing right if your not messy!

D_Andy_Whorewall

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My output is the same most of the time, chunky !

My wife doesn't complain because oral sex is seldom an occurance....I see it most when I masturbate. Married 24 years and still pulling the chain ? Yea!

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
It's normal, completely normal, for semen consistency to "vary".

Frequency of ejaculating has a lot to do with it. If you climax several times in a 24 hour period for example, semen will be clearer and thinner and of course, in (typically) much less volume.

Also, that "ropey / stringy" quality of semen doesn't seem to occur nearly much after say age 45...I'm personally recalling. It still happens now and then, but not nearly as often as when I was younger.

If I can understand it, (i.e. layman's terms :smile: ) I'd be interested for someone to attempt to explain for us what constitutes this thicker semen and just why it appears this way from time to time. I'm correct (I think) to say thicker semen doesn't necessarily mean heavier sperm counts either, since so much of the semen consists of a number of different secretions from several different glands within the "male system".

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's normal, completely normal, for semen consistency to "vary".

Frequency of ejaculating has a lot to do with it. If you climax several times in a 24 hour period for example, semen will be clearer and thinner and of course, in (typically) much less volume.

Also, that "ropey / stringy" quality of semen doesn't seem to occur nearly much after say age 45...I'm personally recalling. It still happens now and then, but not nearly as often as when I was younger.

If I can understand it, (i.e. layman's terms :smile: ) I'd be interested for someone to attempt to explain for us what constitutes this thicker semen and just why it appears this way from time to time. I'm correct (I think) to say thicker semen doesn't necessarily mean heavier sperm counts either, since so much of the semen consists of a number of different secretions from several different glands within the "male system".

Again.. I'm not talking about thick semen! I'm talking about solids.... items IN the semen. -.-

hongloumeng

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, solids, like tapioca grains. Perfectly normal: its mostly gelled protein released from the seminal vesicles and usually (at least in published studies) occurs most often after periods of abstinence.

There really hasen't been much written about it but it is considered normal by the semen analysis textbooks and was described, first?, by Oettle in a paper from the 1950s talking about the appearance of freshly ejaculated semen.

Enjoy.

As for "jelly strands," I'm not sure I know what they are. But I'd love to find out.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That description sounds closest. I'm not surpised they are normal. What surprises me is that they "occur most often after periods of abstinence". While I masturbate a lot, I don't actually have any sex. o_O Can the body really tell the difference?

SpruceGoose

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well - I'm really chunky most of the time and almost 44. Water intake doesn't change it too much - yea it's lot's of fun to pass around! _lol :09:

charlypan47

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi guys, I'm 52 now and I experienced these jelly strands just about two weeks ago and was surprised about it, but found out that it is absolutely normal.

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
I get the gel clumps and strands more when I've been aroused a lot with no release or it's been a few days (I guess that's redundant lol).

hongloumeng

Experimental Member
Media
That description sounds closest. I'm not surpised they are normal. What surprises me is that they "occur most often after periods of abstinence". While I masturbate a lot, I don't actually have any sex. o_O Can the body really tell the difference?

SyddyKitty, I didn't mean to confuse the issue. I simply meant abstinence from ejaculation regardless of the method: masturbation or intercourse of some sort. Flnkguy's situation sounds the most common--no release for a while is most often associated with the "clumps" or tapioca like particles.

Interesting enough, there are studies that show sperm counts differ depending on whether masturbation or sex is involved. So it does appear that the body knows :)