How common is sex abuse by Teachers?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
This story caught my eye Teacher had affair with teenager at special needs school, court told - Times Online for something of a past member pastiche. I couldn't quite decide whether to be impressed or disgusted that they had had sex in the Disabled Loos on all five floors of the British Museum. Perhaps it will make them something of a visitor attraction. The Loos that is.

The serious side is this woman's attachment/abuse to a vulnerable young person in her care. These cases have been cropping up with increasing regularity, so I googled and found this The big list: Female teachers with students , I don't know anything about the publisher, but facts are facts.

Have things changed, or did we just not talk about female teachers fucking children before?

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
Remember Debra Lafave?
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedImages/Stories/Local/Debra Lafave.jpg
She could have abused me all day long if she was my teacher.

Shortly before the trial was scheduled to begin, the boy's mother learned that it was to be covered by Court TV and agreed to a plea bargain with no prison time.[4] Lafave pleaded guilty under the agreement and was sentenced to three years of Community Control (house arrest) and seven years of probation, along with various other requirements.[5] There was widespread skepticism as to whether a man guilty of statutory rape would have received similar treatment.[4]
On December 8, 2005, the judge in the second county refused to accept plea-agreement terms that included no prison time and set a trial date for April 10, 2006. The prosecutor in that case later dropped the charges.[6]
On October 29, 2009, it was announced that Debra Lafave is allowed to have contact with some children.[7]

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have things changed, or did we just not talk about female teachers fucking children before?

I think we didn't talk. There has been a cultural reluctance to admit that women (sugar and spice and all things nice) can be the abuser.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Don't know about public school teachers, but (now, I'm not advertising :smile:) but judging from all of the Sunday School and other religion instructors being caught and convicted that I post in Holy Crimes, Batman, I'd say the uber religious are real horny for molesting children.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
She could have abused me all day long if she was my teacher.

LOL! I would not disagree.

No offense, but this attitude is part of the problem. In the UK case, the woman (39) was deputy head at a special needs school, and the boy a pupil.

Teachers, and others in positions of authority, have an added duty of care not to abuse those in their care. That the victims may think that they are willing, simply makes the abuse that much easier to perpetrate, but abuse and statutory rape it remains. I wonder if these women think that they are above the law because of engrained attitudes.

I imagine that it is massively under reported.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Teachers, and others in positions of authority, have an added duty of care not to abuse those in their care. That the victims may think that they are willing, simply makes the abuse that much easier to perpetrate, but abuse and statutory rape it remains.
True.

I wonder if these women think that they are above the law because of engrained attitudes.
I'm not a psychologist but I would say yes. There's definitely a double standard in teacher/child abuse. If a male teacher seduces a female pupil it's creepy, an abuse of power, and all kinds of wrong. If a female teacher seduces a male pupil it's time for the victim to high-five his friends.

It's only harassment and abuse if the teacher isn't hot.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
No offense, but this attitude is part of the problem. In the UK case, the woman (39) was deputy head at a special needs school, and the boy a pupil.

Teachers, and others in positions of authority, have an added duty of care not to abuse those in their care. That the victims may think that they are willing, simply makes the abuse that much easier to perpetrate, but abuse and statutory rape it remains. I wonder if these women think that they are above the law because of engrained attitudes.

I imagine that it is massively under reported.

No offense taken.
First of all that was meant as a joke. But seriously if the guy had no special needs I'd see absolutely no problem. Yes by law it is wrong. But a 16 year old who fucks his female teacher? In general I hardly see any abuse by the teacher, unless she forces him.
So no sex as a teacher with pupils? Yes
Call it abuse if it happens? No

P.S.:
always remember the different age of consent in different countries.
(which is 12 in Vatikan btw. that would support midlifebear's statement)

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Pretty ugly stuff. It's one matter when there is an age disparity in relations, but under aged is totally out of bounds. It's abusive when there is a professional relationship involved. In those instances, it's too easy for the authority figure, be they female or male, to withhold approval, or grades, which maybe necessary for advancement or matriculation. In the case of a special needs child, it's even more reprehensible. It's not surprising that women have fallen into this trap, as power can a powerful aphrodisiac, and societally women have more power now than they did in the past. Perhaps these violations are reported more now as well.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We must remember that (on the whole) teachers are wanting the best for students and try to protect them. I still think the school is the safest place for children far beyond many of their home environments. The vast majority of child abuse happens in the home environment. It so bothers me when I see educators made the villans in the news on every subject. From my stand point, they seem to be the only ones concerned about society anymore.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We just had another female teacher in the Los angeles area embroiled in the same thing. In this case she actually turned herself in to authorities. Amy Victoria Beck (PICTURE): Teacher Accused of Sex with 14-Year-Old Student Wants to Stay in Jail - Crimesider - CBS News

You have to wonder with all these female teachers if it was some regressive personality disorder where they never matured past the 8th or 9th grade, or did they spot something inside the kid's pants that screamed "holy shit, look at the size of that thing. I've got to see it for myself." Naturally, the boy in question is never named and his testimony is sealed told in court documents.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
or did they spot something inside the kid's pants that screamed "holy shit, look at the size of that thing. I've got to see it for myself." Naturally, the boy in question is never named and his testimony is sealed told in court documents.
Could be that. When I was much younger my aunt had a foster boy with some kind of mental disability exacerbated (so the story went) by his mother turning her friends on to his reputedly outsized member.

vibrator

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Its obviously too common. None of my teachers were interesting when I was young. But I guess its a sign of the times.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We must remember that (on the whole) teachers are wanting the best for students and try to protect them. I still think the school is the safest place for children far beyond many of their home environments. The vast majority of child abuse happens in the home environment. It so bothers me when I see educators made the villans in the news on every subject. From my stand point, they seem to be the only ones concerned about society anymore.

This sums up my feelings on the subject perfectly. As a former teacher this has been my observation as well. However there are bad apples in every profession. I don't think the issue casts a dark cloud over teachers in general but I would like to hear from any educators here on their thoughts on the matter.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
This story caught my eye Teacher had affair with teenager at special needs school, court told - Times Online
I couldn't quite decide whether to be impressed or disgusted that they had had sex...
The serious side is this woman's attachment/abuse to a vulnerable young person in her care. These cases have been cropping up with increasing regularity

Teachers, and others in positions of authority, have an added duty of care not to abuse those in their care. That the victims may think that they are willing, simply makes the abuse that much easier to perpetrate, but abuse and statutory rape it remains.

With the UK age of consent being 16 this was no case of statutory rape. Neither was this a case of victim and abuser. They were a male and female with mutual sexual desire who had consensual sex. However her charge involved a breach of ethics, with the no sex with a pupil in her care law being established as such an act was viewed as being unethical.

IMO the term statutory rape should be disposed of as it is misleading. When the idea of raising the age of consent in N.P. from 16 to 18 was discussed, ~ 4 years ago, an M.P. made the ridiculous claim that "a minor cannot consent to sex". Teenagers are quite capable of consenting to sex, committing sexual assaults and deceiving sex partners with regard to their actual ages.

Last edited:

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You know the claim that for every case which gets in the public eye, another 5 to 10 cases goes unreported. I'd bet this happens a lot more than we know about.

If a male teacher has sex with a student - male or female - the teacher gets fired and gets sent to trial. The student is considered a victim even if the student came onto the teacher - which is what happened once when I was in college. A coed slept with a couple of willing male teachers at her initiative. They got fired. She kept on going to school.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
With the UK age of consent being 16 this was no case of statutory rape. Neither was this a case of victim and abuser. They were a male and female with mutual sexual desire who had consensual sex. However her charge involved a breach of ethics, with the no sex with a pupil in her care law being established as such an act was viewed as being unethical.

IMO the term statutory rape should be disposed of as it is misleading. When the idea of raising the age of consent in N.P. from 16 to 18 was discussed, ~ 4 years ago, an M.P. made the ridiculous claim that "a minor cannot consent to sex". Teenagers are quite capable of consenting to sex, committing sexual assaults and deceiving sex partners with regard to their actual ages.

Regarding statutory rape, I was referring to the US, as I posted examples from both countries. You'll have to allow me a little mix up.

In the UK it is illegal for a teacher, or University lecturer to fuck their students, paticularly if the kid has special needs, though I don't know their extent in this case, however it isn't very impressive behaviour.

I remember hearing about an ex Police Officer in the UK who became a teacher and went down for some time for having an affair with a seventeen year old. He apparently didn't know the law, but that was/is no excuse. I think they got together when he came out of prison and she had left college, though I am not 100% sure.