Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The old time tested pop'em out the chute method, or a c-section? Anyone ever given birth vaginally for the first kid and then a c-section for the second kid?

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Very few of us do....unless we think we are too posh to push:tongue:

Speaking of old fashioned.....more old fashioned than Julius Caesar?:rolleyes:

He He....Princess, you got me!!! Good for you..
However, what I was thinking was that C-sections are done way too often by doctors
today which is certainly due to the threats of malpractice Lawsuits. I think it should be
done only when mediacally necessary and not just because it is quicker and easier with
less complications at the time. But...maybe not so later.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh Mantis, ouch!

Mine required forceps once but not c-section. Forceps cause bruising which causes jaundice and that is not good either.

Childbirth has always been much riskier than mountain climbing or Nascar or other such 'hazardous' life experiences.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
He He....Princess, you got me!!! Good for you..
However, what I was thinking was that C-sections are done way too often by doctors
today which is certainly due to the threats of malpractice Lawsuits. I think it should be
done only when mediacally necessary and not just because it is quicker and easier with
less complications at the time. But...maybe not so later.

Maybe they are but they aint easier by any stretch of the imagination.Bookig theatre space,full surgery,plus staples across the bikini like and a newborn/s to look after ....woooo hard going! Complications are higher than a vaginal delivery due to blood loss,BP,Temps to name a few things.

I'd rather climb Mount Everest in sparkly flip flops and a gas mask than go through a c section again...its got to be easier :tongue:

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
My mother gave birth to 9 children and to 5 of those children in one year. Twins and then Triplets. I am one of the triplets, all natural and popped out 5 mins apart!! After a very difficult birth of the 8th child, whereby my mother haemorrhaged, my mother's doctor without her consent tied up her tubes, still the 9th child was born 8 years later.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My wife had childbirth--26 hours labor, child born with arm wrapped around neck, so there was some trimming. Not completely c section....

:confused: Say what now? :confused:

Dude - it is either a c-section or it isn't.

The baby was either cut from her womb via an abdominal incision or it wasn't.

Often women require incisions to be made in the vaginal wall to widen the opening and ease passage for the baby, to make room for forceps or to prevent natural tearing*. This is invariably (I believe) an episiotomy - that is an incision in the perineum.

Not in the slightest the same procedure as a c-section which is major abdominal surgery.

* though from what I read natural tears have been found to heal quicker and better than surgical cuts in these circumstances.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
X, my daughter was trying to be born arm and head first. But they couldnt tell that from checking me vaginally. It was only when they got her loose from my pelvis did they notice what was the problem. Her face was pretty smashed from her arm for a good couple of months after the birth.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
2 c-sections.

I had my heart set on natural child birth with no drugs with my first child, but it was not to be. Everything was going great (the head was crowning) But the baby's head was turned sideways and they couldn't get her head turned right. They tried all kinds of stuff for 4 hours of pushing. I ended up having to have an emergency c-section because the baby started getting distressed.

The 2nd baby, I developed high blood sugar (gestational diabetes) toward the very end of the pregnancy. It was hard to control my blood sugar, so they scheduled a planned c-section. I ended up having the c-section earlier than scheduled because the baby was losing weight.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it really possible for someone to have FIVE Cesarean Sections?

Seems to me that doctors don't even like giving one Caesarean Section. So to have five seems a bit unlikely to me. Especially considering that after the first time and subsequent times the scar would be more tender and prone to damage / re-tearing.

That's just my initial thought.

If anyone is wondering, myself and my (half) sister were both born naturally.