How did you perceive yourself back in the day ?

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am mainly asking this question to some on here who are in their 40's, 50's or 60's who are getting older..For me you heard "I wish what i know now i knew back then"..This could be about confidence, lack of, did you think you were hot, were you hot.Did you really know that you were smokin hot but the lack of confidence and self esteem got in your way. Looking back for me, i am now 53 and still have the mind of a youngster..I remember dating beautiful men i though were out of my league and wondered why they liked little ole me,lol.When i was in my 20's i had a lot of insecurities some of the younger set on here are going through as we speak.Now that i have certain memories of back then like never thinking i was good enough for anyone i was seeing or goodlooking enough,,I know now that i had smokin hot looks, a beautiful cock and an ass that would not quit..I missed out on a lot of good times because of insecurities i had that were totally unwarrented.If you understand my post feel free to share about yourself, Thank you.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I promise to post something more serious tomorrow when I've had a chance to give it some thought... but I've been dying to post this and it really sort of sums it up for me.

"Once upon a time I was young, frivolous, carefree, and relatively slim. That was way back in 1953 A.D. I had the longest reddest nails of anyone who worked at Bergdorf Goodman and I used to stand elegantly in Bergdorf's marble rotunda . . . looking just as soignée as all get out . . . Every Friday they paid me fifty lovely dollars, less withholding, less social security, less retirement benefits, less hospitalization, and I could do just about anything I wanted with no consequences or repercussions." (Patrick Dennis for Auntie Mame Rides Again)

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I never gave it much thought. I knew I wasn't star quality of the usual level in looks, but it didn't bother me. Men and women were attracted to me and I was attracted to them and we did our thing. Some inner level of confidence or maybe just oblivious to what was going on around me.

1Cody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't want to rehash old hurts or insecurities fostered by an abusive upbringing, but that is what resulted in those insecure, not good enough, worthless, and zero self-esteem feelings. In my late teens and 20s I was fit a bit beyond what Army requires and remained so well into my 30s. I am still very much a youthful image of what I was then. I had good health and a nice cock. Believe me for it to get rock hard in a split second is a blessing! To be able to use it, even more so! In my 20s, I was still coming to terms with my abusive upbringing. I did meet my soulmate at 23 and eventually married her. But all of the swinging good times and taking advantage of being young and good looking and seizing every opportunity, just did not happen for me. I was too insecure and inhibited. It was after my separation leading to divorce at 35yo, that I really began to appreciate myself as a desirable sexual person. I went to the other extreme and I know there are some that will say that my abusive upbringing lead to my promiscuity. Well I just know that I had a period of confidence whether it was false or fueled by alcohol and partying, I had fun! Today, I am trying to find meaning in things and don't and won't engage in sex for the sake of sex. Yes, my sex life has included both sexes and many of them were very hot! But I was never so shallow that I didn't have some more average people, after all there was a time when I felt that I wasn't good enough for anyone. There was time when everyone was above me. Today? I want a meaningful relationship. Today, I want to live life and have fun! So how did I percieve myself, I was less than everyone else no matter what qualities I had, the truth was that I had I not been so screwed in my mind and emotions, my youth may have been truly fun and enjoyable. That being said, I was denied a sense of self by being abused. I was denied the right to be entitled to develop into the person that I truly was and was to become. I am not the person that someone else wanted me to be or thought that I should be. It was by choosing to become healthy and find peace that I was able to live a life is somewhat satisfying. In essence, I had to work doubly hard to overcome all the negative bs that I was fed. Now, I am getting to an age that I wish I had all the opportunities that I did when I was younger and yet not feeling regret, there is a bit of I don't give a shit today! I guess with the age comes some freedom. Now if I could ever get to the-it's okay to have a belly-mentality, maybe I can be really free!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The world was my oyster, and I had more drive, direction and stamina than anyone I knew. I did not believe in half-measures, nor would I tolerate any nagging doubts about chances not having been taken, because I took nearly every risk I could.

I was a prideful and luxuriating hedonist; I may not always have been happy or fulfilled, but I refused to allow shame or bitterness intrude on my pursuit of happiness. Though I'm pretty sardonic today, at one point I was supremely optimistic in a way that was not gullible or self-deceptive.

I was always where I needed to be to see and be seen, and always properly turned-out with just a hint of witty and self-conscious outrageousness. I was never without a list of guys to call, unless I was in a relationship (and I had five in fourteen years). I was a man of prodigious appetites and a fairly precious and rarefied taste.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My perception of myself back then is how I perceive myself today. I recently turned 60 and I have always know that I was unattractive. I have tried to make up for it by trying to be a good person. Sometimes it worked.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
More to do with Work ethics than personal self, think your subject line allows for such?

Confident enuf to suggest / impose unorthodox methods on the less fortunate than myself,thru employment for organisations or self, that usually gave the individuals an improved lifestyle.
by that i mean things Govt Agencys were bound not to try or do.
Had many reasonable, and a few notable successes, despite the work often being in a formerly all Female domiated environment.
Was proud to have helped pave the way for many males in these fields.

Thanks OP, always good to have a non-funnys thread to respond to.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I wasn't socially outgoing. Yes I was in the band, played football, golf, track and field. People liked me but I tended to stay to myself because of things at home. I had a select few friends that I hung out with but never got into the dating scene. Again, my perception of myself was that I wasn't as good as the male competition. I tended to be the girls "guy friend" which sucked at times. Looking back some of those girls probably could have turned into something more if I would have pursued it.

From the outside I appeared all together. Sports, awards, top 50 in my class. But I kept a lot to myself and was very guarded with allowing people to know the real me.