How Did Your Parent's Meet?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mine met while visiting a friend who was ill.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have been told that they met at a boxing match...my mother had a date with another guy and the two couples were double dating. My father and mother later met at a party and 3 months later they eloped, got married, and kept it a secret from their parents for almost 6 months.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My mother worked a clerical job where my father was attending college, at UMO. For the record, she considered him a loud, assholish fratboy (which he no doubt was) and rebuffed him frequently until he wore her down and agreed to a date.

My mother was terrified of being an "old maid" as she was almost 20 when they met in 1958 and was the last of her friends to remain single. They were married not quite a year later, shortly after my dad graduated.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My mother was watering her plants in the country when my dad in his army uniform saw her. It was love at first sight. She baked him a cake then.:rolleyes:
Honestly I don`t have an idea how they met!:biggrin1:
Edit- I just asked my sis how they met, and she told me-"Dad got her pregnant with me", lol

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
How did my parent's what meet what? And, as Hick say, which parent? :tongue:

I believe my parents met through inter-school activities - that is they went to different schools but their schools collaborated on various projects. They would have been about 15 and 16. I don't know if the event where they first really took notice of each other was their very first meeting but my mother's first memory of my father was when they were debating 'This house believes that the Earth is flat' - they were the Affirmatives and my mother recalls my father turning to her and saying 'Don't worry, I'll blind 'em with science'.

D

deleted3782

Mutual friends introduced them. Pretty disastrous.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been told that my mother's brother(My late uncle) was friends with my father and one time they met up at uncle's machine shop.

'Course I also heard that Unk & my Father's sister(My present aunt) were going out, busted up, and somewhere along the way Mom & dad met.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My mother's sister married my father's brother, and the two met at the wedding. A while later, they were reacquainted here in Canada and presumably hit it off.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My parents met at a skating rink called the Wigwam in Terre Haute, IN and celebrated their 60th anniversary yesterday. :biggrin1:

*as an aside...the Wigwam is still in operation after all these year