How Did Your Vote Go Today?

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hello Madame Zora! It's good to hear from you again.

In my native Canada, reaction to the US mid-term elections was cautiously optimistic. I don't think that Prime Minister Harper (a Bush disciple/ marionnette) is very happy. Fortunately for Canada, Harper (right-wing, Conservative) is in a minority government situation, which means he has to negotiate with the (3) Opposition parties (60% of the House of Commons, mostly left-wing and centre). :biggrin1:

Everyone here seems disappointed, though. I can only tell all of you not to give up and to keep on fighting for what you believe in.

By the way, gay marriage is also law in Canada-- from sea to sea to sea-- and has been for over a year (despite Harper and the ruling Consevatives' opposition to it, but there is little that they can do!). You're always welcome to come here if you wish. :wink: We're more liberal up here (Nixon said we were a 'bunch of Commies'). :tongue: It does get a little colder here, though.

Stronzo, I hear ya, honestly. Spain passed the gay marriage laws over a year ago, and you can't ask for nicer weather. I think of it often, and will consider it a serious option if this place gets too stupid.
The problem with the timing right now is that the "redneck morons" have had too much power (illegally, I might add) for too long. It will be interesting to see if anyone important, like Pelosi, FINALLY has the 'nads to dissolve the Dept of Family Values, which is in direct violation of the first amendment:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
More liberal and more politically correct.

Controversial radio talk show host Tom Leykis was kicked off the Canadian airwaves because someone didn't like his point of view.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo, Tripod, and Nineinch, Zora is absolutely correct with her advice. Spain is wonderful. Why not go one step further and come to the Canaries where we enjoy being politically part of Spain and the EEC when it suits us. We enjoy all the benefits however the Canarian government rejects silly laws and one's that it's people do not agree with.

The climate is better than the mainland too. We enjoy a similar climate to Florida minus hurricanes and tornados.

Oh and I almost forgot the archipelago enjoys special taxation status.

You can happily stay with us until you get fixed up with somewhere to stay.

PS. Stronzo there are some wonderful rustic Canarian Fincas just waiting for the right person to make them into a fabulous home.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>which is in direct violation of the first amendment:

Amendment I

<...>
Love, sweetheart, darling, you should never ever quote Amendment I without also quoting Amendment XIV. In this context, you just absolutely CANNOT have one without the other. I'm not sure fourteen isn't MORE important. Simply adding a definition to a constitution cannot invalidate amendment 14.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I'm expecting the democrat lip service to end as soon as the last of the ballots are tallied.

Stronzo, again I say, I feel for you, very deeply, in having to make the decision you did - pass up a candidate you like, vote for a candidate you detest, simply to avoid giving majority to a candidate you detest even more. It is just so fucked up.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
More liberal and more politically correct.

Controversial radio talk show host Tom Leykis was kicked off the Canadian airwaves because someone didn't like his point of view.

Your post isn't clear, so I'm wondering are you implying that Leykis was kicked off the air because his unpopular views were not liberal enough? Because the same thing happened to Bill Maher. Liberalism doesn't always equal political correctness... it really just depends on the political climate.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I usually feel genetically programmed to be pathologically hopeful. Right now, I am very sad about US domestic politics.

I feel that the implications of US domestic politics on the rest of the world, are barely articulated within the US sometimes. I hope I am wrong.

The US consumes so much of the world's resources, that this has a huge impact on the rest of the world's citizens, and the wellbeing of the planet.

Furthermore, many of the analysts, that I respect, feel that the US will be leading the world into a religious war within the next 20 years.

US citizens will perhaps be determining the course of humanity. Apathy and ignorance are everywhere.

Of course this century may belong to China, but that is not necessarily a reason to rejoice either.
Time for a cup of tea, or perhaps I just need a hug? :confused:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks MadameZora. Your quote about 'enough religion for men to hate each other...'? Youbetcha. I've just had an extensive conversation with my buddy in Lyon France who's asked me specifically how things went down for gay folks. After I'd recounted it he suggested Spain as well (air out the guest room Dave!) .. but there's this weirdly stubborn thing that's still plucking away at my brain saying "don't let the bastards have you".

I am delighted with Nancy Pelosi and as Speaker and as Joy Behar said on The View this morning "how awesome is it that we have an Italian housewife telling men what to do?!" It's high time.:biggrin1:

But look right back there at Titan's account of the issue which concerns me from a personal standpoint the most in his native Canada. What the fuck is wrong with us? We seem doomed as my pal Tripod would say to a country of post 9/11 rednecks.

It doesn't really look good for any thinking person.

Tripod? I've bought you a seat in coach. Will that do?:tongue: You're just one in a million on this board and I'm so sorry you have to suffer those idiots on a daily basis. You deserve better.

If you guys knew the hours I put in calling registered Democrats to get out the vote for our Deval Patrick ONLY TO HAVE THE GOVERNOR ELECT not mention his gay constituency once in his acceptance speech? I gotta tell ya. Fucking sucks. My boyfriend was yelling "but honey it's all progress! You must be patient... Yeah? fuck you and you watch the rest of his patrisan pandering as he kisses Ted Kennedy's medicine ball head and gropes John Kerry's boney arse".

Don't want to offend anyone now do we? :rolleyes:

hypolimnas said:
I usually feel genetically programmed to be pathologically hopeful. Right now, I am very sad about US domestic politics.

I feel that the implications of US domestic politics on the rest of the world, are barely articulated within the US sometimes. I hope I am wrong.

The US consumes so much of the world's resources, that this has a huge impact on the rest of the world's citizens, and the wellbeing of the planet.

Furthermore, many of the analysts, that I respect, feel that the US will be leading the world into a religious war within the next 20 years.

US citizens will perhaps be determining the course of humanity. Apathy and ignorance are everywhere.

Of course this century may belong to China, but that is not necessarily a reason to rejoice either.
Time for a cup of tea, or perhaps I just need a hug? :confused:

You can have a hug but what you deserve is the Nobel Peace Prize for perspective.

Rock on. Rock on.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo, again I say, I feel for you, very deeply, in having to make the decision you did - pass up a candidate you like, vote for a candidate you detest, simply to avoid giving majority to a candidate you detest even more. It is just so fucked up.

You shithead. Go and get me all weepy and gooey DC?

Well you have. Thanks for that and many congrats to the Democrats in our ranks and the ladies for their obvious successes. It's huge.

From this skeptic though DC your words - meant so sincerely - are the very earth to me. It did suck big bad ugly dick and I cannot thank you enough for realizing how difficult it was for me to make the "bigger" choice rather than the obvious one yesterday in that vile little plywood box with its drawstring curtain and spindly legs.

Thanks very much indeed. Glad you see this thing so clearly. You and I have never once been off this particular page have we?

FUCK IT!

I'm going back to where I was with my face jammed up Mario Lopez's ass. It feels nice and warm and safe like a womb up there... and Mario seems to be having a terribly good time too. Fuck the political bullshit. I'm just gonna do the nasty!:cool: :tongue: :smile:

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can have a hug but what you deserve is the Nobel Peace Prize for perspective.

Thanks, since my post I have been offered ass, oral and hugging! lol I should try being sad more often, as opposed to my usual smart ass crap.

I have made a recent post about Jesus that is a bit messy (it was late), but might interest you Prince Stronz, it is about Renaissance depictions of his penis, and erections.

Btw I love my US friends, it is just that more and more seem to be out of the US these days.:confused:

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm looking forward to leaving as well. May be very soon. Almost done with school now...
Ditto. I'm abroad for a job interview next week.

On a lighter note, I voted in a United States election for the first time yesterday. Though I'm a native born US citizen, I've lived abroad for all my adult life and this is the first time I've actually been a resident with a genuine congressional district, and state for which to choose a senator.

I voted a straight Green ticket. Neither Elliot nor Hillary seem to have been inconvenienced by my treachery.

And compared to the other country in which I've voted, the process of voting in the USA is a complete fucking mess. The guy at the first desk checked my ID, the woman at the second desk tried to refuse my vote, until I called the first guy over to say he checked my ID, and the scruitineer who was supposed to be watching me progress from one desk to another wasn't paying attention and I had to do it all over again.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks MadameZora. Your quote about 'enough religion for men to hate each other...'? Youbetcha.

Haha, I love that quote, because it comes from the movie Angel Heart (as does my nic), and was spoken by Robert DeNiro, portraying the devil. The truth is the truth, nomatter where you find it, no? I may not be original, but I know where to gank the good stuff!

It doesn't really look good for any thinking person.

No, it sure doesn't, but I'm tenaciously hopeful. As you said, Pelosi is the shit, and it is just such a relief to hear a few people speak who can actually string sentences together for a change. I'm just so fucking DISGUSTED with people who think truth and lies are equal arguments!

If you guys knew the hours I put in calling registered Democrats to get out the vote for our Deval Patrick ONLY TO HAVE THE GOVERNOR ELECT not mention his gay constituency once in his acceptance speech? I gotta tell ya. Fucking sucks. My boyfriend was yelling "but honey it's all progress! You must be patient... Yeah? fuck you and you watch the rest of his patrisan pandering as he kisses Ted Kennedy's medicine ball head and gropes John Kerry's boney arse".

Don't want to offend anyone now do we? :rolleyes:

It's easy for someone on the outside to judge- even me. The truth is I DON'T know how you feel, try as I might (and I do try, believe me). You're doing the right thing- shout as loud as you can. Every type of protest is needed- the subtle and the blunt. You know I'd never shy away from being crass to make my point, especially if I felt that being polite had gotten me nowhere. There's a time for good manners and a time to scream your bloody fucking head off. Who gives flying fuck who you offend- maybe they need to hear it.

Once again, I despise those who make excuses for abhorent behavior, but nearly pee their little panties over strong language. It's completely absurd, and people really need to get beyond their kindergarten comprehension levels. The devil really ISN'T some red guy with a forked tail- he's the liars to our left and right.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Where are you going, NIC and headbang?

NCbear (who's considering Spain, but won't like learning reflexive verbs in Spanish)
I'm in the UK at the moment for a job interview. If it works out, my Japanese partner will be able to join me. The EU recognises gay relationships for immigration purposes; the USA does not.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only if I get to be your roomate Think_Kink...
Now that would be a DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, Pelosi got such a good start, but the colors are starting to bleed... trumpeting Murtha's merits is NOT going to help her. Yeah, he votes correctly on some things, but he's one of the biggest pork-barrelers on the Hill.

NCBear, don't fear those reflexive verbs. They aren't that hard to learn, once you get a chance to practice a bit, and they make phrases like "fuck you" and "eat me" ever so much more fun.